Exorcism

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-11-2011, 05:39 PM
RE: Exorcism
I've been wondering how long it would take for someone to ask. I wish I had a prize to give you.

Erxomai Is the English transliteration of a Greek word that is pronounced something like "Erc oh my" which sounds more like, "Eric, Oh my." my Greek prof in seminary taught the verb meaning, "I come" or "I go", depending on the context. It has long been a screen name for me in various places. Now it has a brand new, wonderful meaning. I have gone. Erxomai has left the building.

And being a atheist n00b can you help me understand why an atheist can be certain there is no god, but you don't want us to rule out demons or some such other-worldly entities? Seems to me I can rule them out if I've ruled out god. And in my case I ruled out angels and demons long before ruling out the Big Guy.
(24-11-2011 05:39 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  Erxomai Is the English transliteration of a Greek word that is pronounced something like "Erc oh my" which sounds more like, "Eric, Oh my." my Greek prof in seminary taught the verb meaning, "I come" or "I go", depending on the context. It has long been a screen name for me in various places. Now it has a brand new, wonderful meaning. I have gone. Erxomai has left the building.

Damn tryptophan made me leave out portions. Would have liked it to have read as so:

I've been wondering how long it would take for someone to ask. I wish I had a prize to give you.

Erxomai Is the English transliteration of a Greek word that is pronounced something like "Erc oh my" which sounds more like, "Eric, Oh my." My Greek prof in seminary taught the verb and it's conjugates by having the class point at me and say: ERIC! And (if you haven't deduced my first name, this won't be funny) and I would be compelled to respond by saying, "Oh, my!" Funny at first. Enjoyed the attention for a while. By the end of the quarter, instead of saying "oh my" I began groaning, "oh no!!!)

Now the good stuff. The word has a dual meaning:, "I come" or "I go", depending on the context. It has long been a screen name for me in various places. (I always enjoyed my own little double entendré pun on the first meaning when I used it on some sort of dating site).

Now the name has new and wonderful significance for me. I have gone. The old Pastor Erxomai has left the building. The newly ever evolving Erxomai is coming into a brand new way of seeing reality. I once saw as through a mirror darkly. I now see face to face. I once was blind, but now I see. Can I get a hallelujah, brethren?

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Erxomai's post
24-11-2011, 07:06 PM
Hahaha sorry you have confused me for an out and out atheist. I am not. I am an agnostic atheist. I live my life as if there were no god and I personally don't believe in one but I cannot prove it scientifically or otherwise so I will not say there isn't one. See russels teapot.

I also personally believe it is impossible to believe anything 100% even when presented with evidence though I think we can tell ourselves otherwise. But really god gave us doubt remember and I use it as often as I can and I think it's impossible to eliminate, but easy to ignore.

Egads I'm opening a whole other can of worms that is unrelated for the most part to this thread. Sorry OP.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like lucradis's post
24-11-2011, 07:32 PM (This post was last modified: 24-11-2011 09:29 PM by GirlyMan.)
(24-11-2011 05:39 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  Now the name has new and wonderful significance for me. I have gone. The old Pastor Erxomai has left the building. The newly ever evolving Erxomai is coming into a brand new way of seeing reality. I once saw as through a mirror darkly. I now see face to face. I once was blind, but now I see. Can I get a hallelujah, brethren?

Yes you can, brother. Hallelujah!

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
24-11-2011, 08:52 PM
Thanks, Girly. Much better than expected!

{sorry for steering so far off course}

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
24-11-2011, 09:10 PM
(24-11-2011 05:39 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  Now the name has new and wonderful significance for me. I have gone. The old Pastor Erxomai has left the building. The newly ever evolving Erxomai is coming into a brand new way of seeing reality. I once saw as through a mirror darkly. I now see face to face. I once was blind, but now I see. Can I get a hallelujah, brethren?

Hallelujah, brother.

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
24-11-2011, 09:23 PM
(24-11-2011 08:52 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  Thanks, Girly. Much better than expected!

Dude, we got not no clue what off course even means.

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
24-11-2011, 09:26 PM
(24-11-2011 09:23 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  

Good point. And actually, my plan for my post-tryptophane evening is to get as far off course as I can, thanks to Stark's recipe in another thread...

~Izel
24-11-2011, 10:19 PM
(24-11-2011 09:23 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  

It means we are possessed by demons, of course.

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes houseofcantor's post
24-11-2011, 10:34 PM
(24-11-2011 09:10 PM)houseofcantor Wrote:  

This is one of my all-time favorite songs.
The Hellbound Preacher can now enjoy the lyrics guilt free...

"No, his mind is not for rent
To any god or government.
Always hopeful, yet discontent,
He knows changes aren't permanent,
But change is."

Best drum syncopation ever played in any rock and roll song...not even exaggerating. Here's Neil Peart talking about it.

Too bad the video cuts off right in the middle of that fantastic drum riff.

~Izel
25-11-2011, 12:13 AM
Ok, I am satisfied with the answers I got, Cleared any doubts, Thank you very much!
[+] 1 user Likes imralav's post