Exorism?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-08-2012, 04:59 AM
Exorism?
Now, I've watched the movie The Exorcist and while and entertaining movie it always seemed like...hyperbole. I'm sorry, I live in an atheist country. The first time I heared about a creationist was on the Big Bang Theory and I figured it was just a silly over the top stereotype.

Anyway, in norwegian news today I read this: http://www.vg.no/nyheter/utenriks/artikk...d=10052336

A family did an exorcism on a 3 year old girl in malaysia, she unfortuneatly died. Which is not strange considering police found 8 people stacked on top of her after they broke in. All of them between 16-17 years old, and they are all suspected of murder at this point. The parents are also under scrutiny.

Makes you wonder what a three year old could possibly do that makes people think "demon possession", and on top of that do something that will kill the child several times over =/
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
07-08-2012, 05:14 AM
RE: Exorism?
(07-08-2012 04:59 AM)sillinde Wrote:  Now, I've watched the movie The Exorcist and while and entertaining movie it always seemed like...hyperbole. I'm sorry, I live in an atheist country. The first time I heared about a creationist was on the Big Bang Theory and I figured it was just a silly over the top stereotype.

Anyway, in norwegian news today I read this: http://www.vg.no/nyheter/utenriks/artikk...d=10052336

A family did an exorcism on a 3 year old girl in malaysia, she unfortuneatly died. Which is not strange considering police found 8 people stacked on top of her after they broke in. All of them between 16-17 years old, and they are all suspected of murder at this point. The parents are also under scrutiny.

Makes you wonder what a three year old could possibly do that makes people think "demon possession", and on top of that do something that will kill the child several times over =/

Even though it's silly that anyone would still believe in demon possession, the answer to "what would make someone think someone had it" is probably schizophrenia (or whatever they call it nowadays). If she heard voices that weren't there and told her parents about it, and if they were of a religious persuasion, then she was in for a bad time Sad

Thanks for sharing this story with us.

My girlfriend is mad at me. Perhaps I shouldn't have tried cooking a stick in her non-stick pan.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-08-2012, 05:19 AM
Still! Anyone above 12 knows that putting their entire weight on on top of a 3 year old will kill the little kid, demon possessed or not.

This doesn't happen in the US still does it? Exorcisms that is, regardless of how it's done.
[+] 2 users Like sillinde's post
07-08-2012, 03:25 PM (This post was last modified: 07-08-2012 05:00 PM by Chas.)
Exorcism?
(07-08-2012 04:59 AM)sillinde Wrote:  Now, I've watched the movie The Exorcist and while and entertaining movie it always seemed like...hyperbole. I'm sorry, I live in an atheist country. The first time I heared about a creationist was on the Big Bang Theory and I figured it was just a silly over the top stereotype.

A 3-year-old acting like a 3-year-old often appears demon-possessed to those who believe this superstitious crap. Little kids play make-believe because they are still integrating reality and ignorant people with a religio-demonic mindset will see demons.

Delusional thinking is dangerous. All of it. Everywhere. Always.Angry

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
07-08-2012, 03:47 PM
(07-08-2012 05:19 AM)sillinde Wrote:  Still! Anyone above 12 knows that putting their entire weight on on top of a 3 year old will kill the little kid, demon possessed or not.

This doesn't happen in the US still does it? Exorcisms that is, regardless of how it's done.

I haven't heard of a fatal one in the US. Some woman in Africa who has lead a crusade to kill Witches coming over here and there will certainly be some bright spark that thinks a misbehaving two year old is the spawn of the devil. Her little scam is causing people to kill their children Africa and it'll be a disgrace if the State Department lets her in.

" Generally speaking, the errors in religion are dangerous; those in philosophy only ridiculous."
David Hume
07-08-2012, 06:00 PM
Exorism?
I've been to a few exorcisms in my day. They were never anything like what is described in the news story. Only superstitious people would do exorcisms like that. Smh.

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel