Expansion rate of the universe at its beginning and fine tuning.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-10-2016, 03:50 PM
Expansion rate of the universe at its beginning and fine tuning.
Recently, I've seen a video about the refutation of the fine tuning argument, and the OP says this:

"The fact that we do not have comprovation that it is by necessity (referring to the constants of the universe) does not justify ruling out that option. The example of this is the expansion rate of the universe at its beginning, that theists claimed to be set to 1 to 10 ^ 60. But in this case you can make a better estimate. If you check the equations of general relativity, there is a correct and rigorous derivation of this probability. And if you do the same question using the correct equations, the probability is 1 to 1, is 100%."

The point is, where can I find a source for those calculations? If anyone can help, it would be very appreciated! Thumbsup
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
17-10-2016, 08:22 PM
RE: Expansion rate of the universe at its beginning and fine tuning.
I'm still not sure what calculations you're looking for.
Are you looking for a rate if expansion ?

Best I can do is give you this link to the Big Bang.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Big_Bang

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
17-10-2016, 08:32 PM
(17-10-2016 03:50 PM)Sirhu Wrote:  The point is, where can I find a source for those calculations? If anyone can help, it would be very appreciated! Thumbsup

Why would you ask a group of atheists on the internet, instead of going to accredited scientific sources? Consider

Help for the living. Hope for the dead. ~ R.G. Ingersoll

Freedom offers opportunity. Opportunity confers responsibility. Responsibility to use the freedom we enjoy wisely, honestly and humanely. ~ Noam Chomsky
18-10-2016, 11:40 AM
(17-10-2016 08:22 PM)Rahn127 Wrote:  I'm still not sure what calculations you're looking for.
Are you looking for a rate if expansion ?

Best I can do is give you this link to the Big Bang.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Big_Bang

Yes, the expansion rate of the universe at its beginning. I just didn't find those calculations said by the OP...
18-10-2016, 12:05 PM
Did you ask the person that made the OP?

Don't Live each day like it's your last. Live each day like you have 541 days after that one where every choice you make will have lasting implications to you and the world around you. ~ Tim Minchin
18-10-2016, 01:31 PM
(18-10-2016 12:05 PM)Commonsensei Wrote:  Did you ask the person that made the OP?

He hasn't posted since 3 months ago.
18-10-2016, 01:40 PM
The period of inflation was very very very very very very very very very very fast.

Let's say for the purposes of discussion that it happened in 10 ^-32 seconds, even if it didn't.
Is there something about the time it took that you would like clarification on ?

There is a great PDF file from the university of Cambridge that might address your question.
Search - The physics of inflation damtp

194 pages of information that I frankly don't understand and I took 3 years of university physics. It's a masters level lecture.

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
[+] 1 user Likes Rahn127's post
18-10-2016, 01:45 PM
(17-10-2016 08:32 PM)Fatbaldhobbit Wrote:  
(17-10-2016 03:50 PM)Sirhu Wrote:  The point is, where can I find a source for those calculations? If anyone can help, it would be very appreciated! Thumbsup

Why would you ask a group of atheists on the internet, instead of going to accredited scientific sources? Consider

Could it be our know it all reputation precedes us? Consider

Smile

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 2 users Like Full Circle's post
18-10-2016, 01:48 PM
(18-10-2016 01:45 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  
(17-10-2016 08:32 PM)Fatbaldhobbit Wrote:  Why would you ask a group of atheists on the internet, instead of going to accredited scientific sources? Consider

Could it be our know it all reputation precedes us? Consider

Smile

I knew that.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 2 users Like unfogged's post
18-10-2016, 03:25 PM
snort

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.