Expel Egor Please!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-03-2012, 01:50 PM

Expel Egor Please!
I have had enough of this clown. Sorry, i need to rant publicly.
This buffoon has a policy of hijacking threads and turning good discussions into a train wreck.
I don't mind a great and hearty debate with those that truly want to have a discussion.
Do we really care that he's got to have a new or NO symbol for his brand of insanity, do we care that Dawkins and every other forum on the planet has banned him? I dont.
He's clearly got issues and i am tired of him derailing discussions. I've even ignored him over the past month but he shows up on my threads! With his slimy god speak.
He's got no fans here, so why do we suffer him?
Can we have him banned out of healthy relations for this forum.
He's a dingleberry that simply wont go away no matter how much toilet paper is used.
ENOUGH!!!!
Please consider nixing Egor from the TTA forums.
Denicio
Quote this message in a reply
[+] 9 users Like Denicio's post
30-03-2012, 01:56 PM
RE: Expel Egor Please!
I said I wasn't going to come back to these forums for a while because I don't agree with babying the theists but I didn't want them kicked off. Egor is beyond help. He is very annoying. I have to deal with complete theological bull shit all day in class and everyday life. So I will give you my support on this motion. I know it won't happen but I will support you Denicio.

Idiot: : a foolish or stupid person
— idiot adjective
See Republican Candidates.

Keeping realism alive, one honest offensive comment at a time!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
30-03-2012, 01:59 PM
We have beat this horse pretty extensively.

Derailing isn't against the ToU. Being abrasive isn't against the ToU. Being a jerk isn't against the ToU. Making up your own religion isn't against the ToU. Being a subjectively terrible person isn't against the ToU.

Spamming is and threatening legitimate harm to others is.

He hasn't done anything ban-worthy. Banning him would be hypocritical and would be censorship.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
Find all posts by this user
[+] 8 users Like kingschosen's post
30-03-2012, 02:07 PM
(30-03-2012 01:59 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  We have beat this horse pretty extensively.

Derailing isn't against the ToU. Being abrasive isn't against the ToU. Being a jerk isn't against the ToU. Making up your own religion isn't against the ToU. Being a subjectively terrible person isn't against the ToU.

He hasn't done anything ban-worthy. Banning him would be hypocritical and would be censorship.
Derailing seems to be against the ToU. Keep things on the topic at hand. If you want to debate your own topic, then create a thread about it. He does not need to turn every debate he enters into an argument about his theology.

[Image: Untitled-2.png?_subject_uid=322943157&am...Y7Dzq4lJog]
[+] 3 users Like Logica Humano's post
30-03-2012, 02:10 PM
(30-03-2012 02:07 PM)Logica Humano Wrote:  
(30-03-2012 01:59 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  We have beat this horse pretty extensively.

Derailing seems to be against the ToU. Keep things on the topic at hand. If you want to debate your own topic, then create a thread about it. He does not need to turn every debate he enters into an argument about his theology.
Rules.

It is not against the ToU.

30-03-2012, 02:14 PM
(30-03-2012 02:10 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(30-03-2012 02:07 PM)Logica Humano Wrote:  Derailing seems to be against the ToU. Keep things on the topic at hand. If you want to debate your own topic, then create a thread about it. He does not need to turn every debate he enters into an argument about his theology.
Rules.

Posting something that is not relevant to the topic is spam.

30-03-2012, 02:15 PM

For this forum to continue forward as a healthy forum with great debate (we don't all have to agree OR be chosen) it needs to be weeded from time to time.
Maybe we should put it up for a vote?

He's clearly demonstrated that he does not play well with others, as a matter of fact he's quite proud of this.
He's been banned everywhere else and probably for pretty damn good reasons.
How long do you let a cancer grow before you realize it needs surgery..or worse...its too late?
He's not CONTRIBUTED to a topic in ages. He's here simply to be combative and not to mention we are the only place he can blather too. We are willingly allowing ourselves to be his free counselor. By allowing him to continue like he does, it will run off good people in this forum.
I vote to rid ourselves of this cancer.

D
Quote this message in a reply
30-03-2012, 02:18 PM (This post was last modified: 30-03-2012 02:25 PM by kingschosen.)
(30-03-2012 02:14 PM)Logica Humano Wrote:  
(30-03-2012 02:10 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  Rules.

Posting something that is not relevant to the topic is spam.
That's semantics and up to the discretion of the mods and admin. They do not see it as spam, or they do but don't consider it spam.

I believe the original intent for not allowing "spam" was to prevent bots and people selling crap from posting. Censoring people's post that aren't a bot or aren't trying to sell something monetary is well... censorship - something the mods and admin are strongly against.

(30-03-2012 02:15 PM)Denicio Wrote:  

For this forum to continue forward as a healthy forum with great debate (we don't all have to agree OR be chosen) it needs to be weeded from time to time.

He's clearly demonstrated that he does not play well with others, as a matter of fact he's quite proud of this.
How long do you let a cancer grow before you realize it needs surgery..or worse...its too late?
He's not CONTRIBUTED to a topic in ages. He's here simply to be combative and not to mention we are the only place he can blather too. We are willingly allowing ourselves to be his free counselor. By allowing him to continue like he does, it will run off good people in this forum.

D
People have the option of actively or passively ignoring him.

If some people don't want to ignore him but engage him, then banning him is not only censoring Egor but also censoring others that wish to converse with him.

30-03-2012, 02:21 PM
I'm more for keeping the place lightly moderated than for banning. Abdelz was a huge pain in the ass, but he wasn't banned for his spam- he was suspended for it. After he his suspension he threatened people, then he was banned.

Put him on ignore, that's my preference. I've got some people on ignore that I've to be particularly annoying. It helps a lot.
30-03-2012, 02:24 PM
(30-03-2012 02:18 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(30-03-2012 02:14 PM)Logica Humano Wrote:  Posting something that is not relevant to the topic is spam.
That's semantics and up to the digression of the mods and admin. They do not see it as spam, or they do but don't consider it spam.

I believe the original intent for not allowing "spam" was to prevent bots and people selling crap from posting. Censoring people's post that aren't a bot or aren't trying to sell something monetary is well... censorship - something the mods and admin are strongly against.

(30-03-2012 02:15 PM)Denicio Wrote:  For this forum to continue forward as a healthy forum with great debate (we don't all have to agree OR be chosen) it needs to be weeded from time to time.

D
People have the option of actively or passively ignoring him.

If some people don't want to ignore him but engage him, then banning him is not only censoring Egor but also censoring others that wish to converse with him.
Speaking of semantics.

If something is disruptive to the discussion, whether or not it be for monetary gain or not, is wrong. As I said, it would be great if Egor created his own THREAD for it, instead of spamming everyone else's about it.