Expel Egor Please!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-03-2012, 02:24 PM
RE: Expel Egor Please!
(30-03-2012 02:21 PM)kineo Wrote:  I'm more for keeping the place lightly moderated than for banning. Abdelz was a huge pain in the ass, but he wasn't banned for his spam- he was suspended for it. After he his suspension he threatened people, then he was banned.

Put him on ignore, that's my preference. I've got some people on ignore that I've to be particularly annoying. It helps a lot.
Yeah ignoring works until someone responds to his ignorant rambling shit. I have him and Abdelz ignored but I guess it doesn't matter about Abdelz now lol

Idiot: : a foolish or stupid person
— idiot adjective
See Republican Candidates.

Keeping realism alive, one honest offensive comment at a time!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Clint Barnett's post
30-03-2012, 02:28 PM
(30-03-2012 02:24 PM)Logica Humano Wrote:  
(30-03-2012 02:18 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  That's semantics and up to the digression of the mods and admin. They do not see it as spam, or they do but don't consider it spam.

I believe the original intent for not allowing "spam" was to prevent bots and people selling crap from posting. Censoring people's post that aren't a bot or aren't trying to sell something monetary is well... censorship - something the mods and admin are strongly against.

People have the option of actively or passively ignoring him.

If some people don't want to ignore him but engage him, then banning him is not only censoring Egor but also censoring others that wish to converse with him.
Speaking of semantics.

If something is disruptive to the discussion, whether or not it be for monetary gain or not, is wrong. As I said, it would be great if Egor created his own THREAD for it, instead of spamming everyone else's about it.
It's only disruptive if it's engaged. Even if it's engaged, that doesn't mean you have to read it or respond to it.

But, like I said, that's up to the mods and admin. Right now, derailing isn't against the rules.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
Find all posts by this user
If every member put him on ignore he'd probably ban himself.

“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

-Mark Twain
[+] 2 users Like germanyt's post
(30-03-2012 02:24 PM)Clint Barnett Wrote:  
(30-03-2012 02:21 PM)kineo Wrote:  I'm more for keeping the place lightly moderated than for banning. Abdelz was a huge pain in the ass, but he wasn't banned for his spam- he was suspended for it. After he his suspension he threatened people, then he was banned.

Put him on ignore, that's my preference. I've got some people on ignore that I've to be particularly annoying. It helps a lot.
Yeah ignoring works until someone responds to his ignorant rambling shit. I have him and Abdelz ignored but I guess it doesn't matter about Abdelz now lol

Totally agree- but it's the lesser of two evils, in my opinion. I still have Abdelz on ignore too lol, and one other that I've found unpleasant to communicate with.
[+] 1 user Likes kineo's post
30-03-2012, 02:42 PM
kingschosen is entirely correct. Egor has not broken any of the forum rules, and thus, has not committed any bannable offense. The TTA forum moderators and administrators will not ban someone just because they are unpopular. That is censorship, something that we are strongly against.

If you think that his repeated derailing of threads should be punished, then please start a thread asking for a "no derailing threads" rule to be added to the forum's code of conduct.

"Owl," said Rabbit shortly, "you and I have brains. The others have fluff. If there is any thinking to be done in this Forest - and when I say thinking I mean thinking - you and I must do it."
- A. A. Milne, The House at Pooh Corner
[+] 4 users Like Unbeliever's post
30-03-2012, 02:43 PM
Derailing a thread I am guilty of too. Would you want me banned also? I think we all have done that allot. I don't care for his opinions but to ban him for them I think is wrong on here. I wondered why any Christian would be on a atheist forum till I was corrected and told the reasoning why. I excepted the answer and went on. If you have a personal problem with him then that is another sort. You cant answer for why another forum does what it does and expect the same here. It's hard to stand up for him but this forum is more about free speech and thought. How true it is that he does hijack the topic and turn it into something about his crazy mythology. His mythology is no different than a Baptist or a Catholic it's still mythology. As crazy as it sounds to you, I find all of the others just as crazy. I don't hold them in any higher regard. His rants piss me off but I try to control myself. I give myself a break from here when I am getting to stressed out from the forum. All my best !

History, I believe, furnishes no example of a priest-ridden people maintaining a
free civil government. This marks the lowest grade of ignorance, of which their
political as well as religious leaders will always avail themselves for their
own purpose. ~ Thomas Jefferson
[+] 2 users Like N.E.OhioAtheist's post
30-03-2012, 02:58 PM
(30-03-2012 02:43 PM)N.E.OhioAtheist Wrote:  Derailing a thread I am guilty of too. Would you want me banned also? I think we all have done that allot. I don't care for his opinions but to ban him for them I think is wrong on here. I wondered why any Christian would be on a atheist forum till I was corrected and told the reasoning why. I excepted the answer and went on. If you have a personal problem with him then that is another sort. You cant answer for why another forum does what it does and expect the same here. It's hard to stand up for him but this forum is more about free speech and thought. How true it is that he does hijack the topic and turn it into something about his crazy mythology. His mythology is no different than a Baptist or a Catholic it's still mythology. As crazy as it sounds to you, I find all of the others just as crazy. I don't hold them in any higher regard. His rants piss me off but I try to control myself. I give myself a break from here when I am getting to stressed out from the forum. All my best !
Do you do it compulsively?

[Image: Untitled-2.png?_subject_uid=322943157&am...Y7Dzq4lJog]
30-03-2012, 03:13 PM
(30-03-2012 02:58 PM)Logica Humano Wrote:  Do you do it compulsively?

I do. Especially when I'm grumpy. Kinda like today. I had a bad sleep, and that always seems to throw my entire day off kilter. You know, the whole walk-around-like-a-zombie-all-day syndrome. Man, I sure wouldn't want to be a zombie and run into me when I'm in a bad mood. I feel like taking the haed off anyone who crosses me, so a zombie would be REALLY screwed. But it makes me wonder....if I ripped off a zombies head, would that really stop it? I was under the impression that a zombies brain had to be desroyed to stop it, so if I took off the head cleanly, in theory the zombie should still be able to function, no?

Opinions?

So many cats, so few good recipes.
[+] 2 users Like Stark Raving's post
30-03-2012, 03:15 PM
(30-03-2012 03:13 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  
(30-03-2012 02:58 PM)Logica Humano Wrote:  Do you do it compulsively?

I do. Especially when I'm grumpy. Kinda like today. I had a bad sleep, and that always seems to throw my entire day off kilter. You know, the whole walk-around-like-a-zombie-all-day syndrome. Man, I sure wouldn't want to be a zombie and run into me when I'm in a bad mood. I feel like taking the haed off anyone who crosses me, so a zombie would be REALLY screwed. But it makes me wonder....if I ripped off a zombies head, would that really stop it? I was under the impression that a zombies brain had to be desroyed to stop it, so if I took off the head cleanly, in theory the zombie should still be able to function, no?

Opinions?
*Facepalms*

The point is made. If there is a complaint about constant derailing of discussions, we should vote to make it part of the rules.

[Image: Untitled-2.png?_subject_uid=322943157&am...Y7Dzq4lJog]
30-03-2012, 03:28 PM
No. And what's this "vote" shit?

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user