Expel Egor Please!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-03-2012, 03:38 PM
RE: Expel Egor Please!
(30-03-2012 03:28 PM)houseofcantor Wrote:  No. And what's this "vote" shit?
Something a moderator suggested. Quite frankly, I do not want him to be banned, but rather just for him to start his own thread about his own topics.

[Image: Untitled-2.png?_subject_uid=322943157&am...Y7Dzq4lJog]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
30-03-2012, 03:38 PM
(30-03-2012 03:15 PM)Logica Humano Wrote:  
(30-03-2012 03:13 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  I do. Especially when I'm grumpy. Kinda like today. I had a bad sleep, and that always seems to throw my entire day off kilter. You know, the whole walk-around-like-a-zombie-all-day syndrome. Man, I sure wouldn't want to be a zombie and run into me when I'm in a bad mood. I feel like taking the haed off anyone who crosses me, so a zombie would be REALLY screwed. But it makes me wonder....if I ripped off a zombies head, would that really stop it? I was under the impression that a zombies brain had to be desroyed to stop it, so if I took off the head cleanly, in theory the zombie should still be able to function, no?

Opinions?
*Facepalms*

The point is made. If there is a complaint about constant derailing of discussions, we should vote to make it part of the rules.

I missed how the point is made. Zombies are always relevant.

Maybe you need to define derailing a bit better?
[+] 1 user Likes kineo's post
30-03-2012, 03:41 PM
[Image: UP-squirrel.gif]

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes kingschosen's post
30-03-2012, 05:02 PM
The best way to deal with derailments is by kindly asking the person to create their own thread about the topic.
Sometimes people accidentally derail a thread, sometimes they do it n purpose.
I've seen atheists do it on purpose just as much if not more than theists on this very forum.

The answer to whether or not Egor will be banned at this point is a NO.

A big NO.

Whether there should be a rule against thread derailments has also been discussed at length before. We came to the conclusion that the answer for that was also a NO. I could give everyone a detailed account as to why, but I don't want to.
If there are enough people against thread derailment then we might very well open up a dialogue about it once more. The result of that dialogue might be different.

Let's hear what the people think.

Derailment allowable? Yes or No.

1 vote for yes.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes lucradis's post
30-03-2012, 05:13 PM
Sigh...
I feel your pain, Denicio. I'm done with the wacky Bible shit around here.
Since banning isn't an option, I suggest we try tar and feathering and run him out of the forum on a rail.
[Image: 250px-Huck_Finn_Travelling_by_Rail.jpg]
Big Grin

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
[+] 1 user Likes Erxomai's post
30-03-2012, 05:16 PM
I have stopped taking part in the theological discussions pretty much completely and the second I see Egor in one of them I stop reading it because it is a fucking pain in the ass. Although I would like to keep reading such threads I just can't because the very second he enters a thread it doesn't take and the whole thing is turned into a rant or a flame war.

About ignoring. Sorry, ignoring helps me and my peace but it does not help to get the problem gone. "If everyone would...." don't even say that because you will not reach that point where "everyone does...."

I totally feel like banning him but I don't think it would make sense, he would find another forum and start over there. Is there for example a mute option? I had that on every chat I ever moderated and in my forum, too. A rule about flaming/trolling or about personal attacks or preaching etc... something like that included in the spam rule and a 3 step warning system might do wonders. Just as an idea.

Also it is usually very obvious when someone just gets a bit offtopic because that's happening in the discussion or if it is happening because someone just tramples in. With Egor I mostly see the second version.

"Freedom is the freedom to say that 2+2=4" - George Orwell (in 1984)
[+] 3 users Like Leela's post
30-03-2012, 05:16 PM
(30-03-2012 02:42 PM)Unbeliever Wrote:  If you think that his repeated derailing of threads should be punished, then please start a thread asking for a "no derailing threads" rule to be added to the forum's code of conduct.

Yeah, fuck that.

(30-03-2012 05:02 PM)lucradis Wrote:  Derailment allowable? Yes or No.

1 vote for yes.

I think disallowing derailment is unconscionable, borderline reprehensible. Smells like something the Worthy Christian Forums would think of. Derailments test the mettle of the thread. If it's worth its shit in salt it will rerail itself. If it doesn't, well fuck it, it wasn't worth its shit in salt.

(30-03-2012 01:50 PM)Denicio Wrote:  He's a dingleberry that simply wont go away no matter how much toilet paper is used.

Just get a Toto Washlet. Wink

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
[+] 4 users Like GirlyMan's post
30-03-2012, 05:19 PM
(30-03-2012 05:16 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Just get a Toto Washlet. Wink

I could really go for an Oscillating wash right about now.

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
30-03-2012, 05:41 PM
(30-03-2012 05:16 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(30-03-2012 02:42 PM)Unbeliever Wrote:  If you think that his repeated derailing of threads should be punished, then please start a thread asking for a "no derailing threads" rule to be added to the forum's code of conduct.

Yeah, fuck that.

(30-03-2012 05:02 PM)lucradis Wrote:  Derailment allowable? Yes or No.

1 vote for yes.

I think disallowing derailment is unconscionable, borderline reprehensible. Smells like something the Worthy Christian Forums would think of. Derailments test the mettle of the thread. If it's worth its shit in salt it will rerail itself. If it doesn't, well fuck it, it wasn't worth its shit in salt.

(30-03-2012 01:50 PM)Denicio Wrote:  He's a dingleberry that simply wont go away no matter how much toilet paper is used.

Just get a Toto Washlet. Wink
Fuck yeah, GM. I'm glad I don't hafta do alla thinking around here.

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes houseofcantor's post
30-03-2012, 05:52 PM
Most of us have been guilty of derailing a thread now and then. If we banned members every time they did it we would have no members left.

Hell, some of the worst offenders are Part of the forum management team Big Grin.

It may be hard but the best thing you can do is ignore his posts and continue the thread as though he never posted.

Behold the power of the force!
[Image: fgYtjtY.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes FSM_scot's post