Expel Egor Please!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-03-2012, 07:18 PM
RE: Expel Egor Please!
(30-03-2012 07:14 PM)Clint Barnett Wrote:  When did you miss the complete disrespect he dishes out to you and every atheist? Just saying, it's time to stop apologizing just to be all friendly. I do understand your comments on the obvious derailment after his posts though.
His beliefs aren't so kind to atheists but people can't help what they believe. I don't think Egor could change his views on such matters at will any more than I could suddenly sprout a true belief in God. When I say disrespect I mean attitude more than beliefs if that makes sense.

I think he's out of line sometimes but I think many people on here have their moments like that (me included) but for some reason people focus on him more than anyone else.

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
30-03-2012, 07:45 PM (This post was last modified: 30-03-2012 07:59 PM by GirlyMan.)
(30-03-2012 06:33 PM)Mark Fulton Wrote:  One of the reasons I am a member here is so that I get reminded to not believe my own bullshit all the time. Egor, however, demonstrates no capacity for self analysis.

So? I think Egor is an excellent example of why we shouldn't believe our own bullshit. ... I mean, look at Egor, spreading his own personal metaphysics around like it was mulch or something.

(30-03-2012 05:59 PM)Clint Barnett Wrote:  I'll be as honest as the next person, I just don't like the fucker. Not very logical but at this point I don't give a rat's ass!

Yeah. ... But that doesn't and shouldn't influence banishment.

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
30-03-2012, 08:29 PM
I feel for you Denicio but he's just a freak! I know it's hard but just don't let him get to you No

At least he works in the right place to get help! Wink

Humankind Dodgy (a total misnomer)
30-03-2012, 08:31 PM
(30-03-2012 07:45 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(30-03-2012 06:33 PM)Mark Fulton Wrote:  One of the reasons I am a member here is so that I get reminded to not believe my own bullshit all the time. Egor, however, demonstrates no capacity for self analysis.

So? I think Egor is an excellent example of why we shouldn't believe our own bullshit. ... I mean, look at Egor, spreading his own personal metaphysics around like it was mulch or something.

(30-03-2012 05:59 PM)Clint Barnett Wrote:  I'll be as honest as the next person, I just don't like the fucker. Not very logical but at this point I don't give a rat's ass!

Oh for fuck's sake, you and I were doing good and now you go and ruin it....damn Navy punks!

Idiot: : a foolish or stupid person
— idiot adjective
See Republican Candidates.

Keeping realism alive, one honest offensive comment at a time!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Clint Barnett's post
30-03-2012, 10:14 PM
(30-03-2012 08:31 PM)Clint Barnett Wrote:  
(30-03-2012 07:45 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  So? I think Egor is an excellent example of why we shouldn't believe our own bullshit. ... I mean, look at Egor, spreading his own personal metaphysics around like it was mulch or something.

Oh for fuck's sake, you and I were doing good and now you go and ruin it....damn Navy punks!

Fucking GirlyMen!

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
30-03-2012, 10:35 PM
Denicio I'm with you on his general attitude disrupting the forum and makng it much less desireable to come here. Unfortunately we never set up a precaution system in this forum. We hadle problems that have already happened. When he pisses off almost every member he will be considered as contentious as some have in the past, but part of this has to be that our members stop throwing the same level of civility back at him. Which is really hard to keep from doing sometimes.

I feel really bad that he challenged my gender and I left it at this will not be discussed on the forum. I would almost never say that, but I know that with him nothing good would come from me defending myself. I welcome questions from people who want to know more about me or people like me. Part of what I do here is make people a little mor aware which I do everywhere. It reall really hurt me to have to stifle this discussion. But if I had dscussed it with him on the foru I would end up leaving.

Sadly our forum is currently set up where the issue comes when enough people leave over something. I've had the desire after running into a few of his venomous statements. I won't mute him though because I feel responsible to look at everything that is being said in my social circles even if I dislike it. I'm with you Denicio, but the others are right, this isn't a rules isue and our forum has never been very moderated. I think it's good to keep this point, but if westboro was at a funeral I attended I would kill as many as I could get my hands on. I feel that there are certain things which incite a bit too much aggression for no real reason, I defend peoples rights to do a lot of things, but I don't defend them doing those things publically. When you are imposing your views on others with only the intent to harm them you are stepping beyond your rights that's how I see the line that cuts off free speech.

I'm not a non believer, I believe in the possibility of anything. I just don't let the actuality of something be determined by a 3rd party.
30-03-2012, 10:48 PM
(30-03-2012 05:16 PM)Leela Wrote:  I have stopped taking part in the theological discussions pretty much completely and the second I see Egor in one of them I stop reading it because it is a fucking pain in the ass. Although I would like to keep reading such threads I just can't because the very second he enters a thread it doesn't take and the whole thing is turned into a rant or a flame war.

About ignoring. Sorry, ignoring helps me and my peace but it does not help to get the problem gone. "If everyone would...." don't even say that because you will not reach that point where "everyone does...."

I totally feel like banning him but I don't think it would make sense, he would find another forum and start over there. Is there for example a mute option? I had that on every chat I ever moderated and in my forum, too. A rule about flaming/trolling or about personal attacks or preaching etc... something like that included in the spam rule and a 3 step warning system might do wonders. Just as an idea.

Also it is usually very obvious when someone just gets a bit offtopic because that's happening in the discussion or if it is happening because someone just tramples in. With Egor I mostly see the second version.
I might be able to implement a script the finds posts with people on your ignore list and also hides posts containing quotes from these users or replying to posts from those users. That would cover 90% of the situations people are hating.

The code would run on the browser. It would be similar to the quote shrink plugin except on posts. The post can then be shown by clicking the 'plus' icon. When it's hidden only the title of the post will show with who it's from, time of posting etc.

“Forget Jesus, the stars died so you could be born.” - Lawrence M. Krauss
31-03-2012, 01:09 AM

Now, a post that's about you, has more than 40 responses and 500 views, well, that's a post worth reading.

First I would like to say, that I'm 99% sure Denicio is from Raving Atheist and is pissed that I'm no longer posting in his forum. If I were banned from here, I'm sure he thinks I would go back and post there. That's not going to happen. In Raving Atheist they change my avatar to whatever vulgar symbol they feel like changing it to, change where my links point, and refuse to engage in any serious discussion. If I were banned from here, he thinks I would go back to tollerating that, and I won't.

I will be the first to admit that I'm arrogant and pompous. That's just the ABCs of me. I realize I'm able to 'dis back pretty hard when I get attacked, and because I can do it without swearing, it tends to have more weight. This pisses a lot of people off. But that's what debate is all about.

I like this forum. I like the way the mods and Lucridis run it. I like the activity level and the participation it provokes. There are groups like RDF that is for atheists only to socialize with each other. There are groups like Raving Atheist that exist only to be as vulgar as possible towards Christianity. Then there are forums like this that pride themselves on debate. It is only because of this forum that I have any respect for atheists at all. It is only for this forum that I have come to see some atheists as even human beings. And I hated KC in the beginning, but now I consider him an online friend, and it is only for this forum that such a thing could happen. So, I think this forum is being run right. It's been good for me.

I have not started a lot of new topics anywhere, because as some of you might have noticed, I've been revamping my website, and that takes time. It's still in progress. This year, I want to accomplish publishing the Veridican Gospel of Jesus Christ, and I have. I have a book I'm half done with now, and I want that out this year, and I want my website to be fully functional and running smooth. These are my goals for 2012. I'm building my foundation, and if I start a post, I have found that it usually catches fire and can easily sidetrack me, and/or get me banned. So, I've been laying low and just participating. Also, I don't want to post stuff in here that I'm currently writing about in my book. That stuff would really catch fire, and I don't want to do that--yet. And this year, I want to start making videos again and putting them on YouTube and my website.

People say my religion is crazy, nuts, deluded, etc. But my religion is simply to follow the teachings of Jesus Christ as recorded in the Veridican Gospel of Jesus Christ. If you were to read that Gospel, it's not original, you know. It's a synthesis of the five Gospels. It's not my own ideas. The changes I have made, would be pretty much unnoticeable to the untrained eye. But it reads like one Gospel, not five different Gospels, and I know that's what God wants for this generation.

Be that as it may, I will not follow another man's religion. You could follow mine, because to follow mine, you simply pick up the Gospel and decide for yourself what it means. I am not and cannot be anyone's leader. Everyone must find God on their own. Everyone must decide for themselves what Jesus Christ is. I am not a religious leader. I am a Gospel writer. Other than that Gospel, nothing I write is "inspired" by the Holy Spirit. But if my opinions make you think, then great. Your opinions fuel my thoughts, too. I don't teach you; you don't teach me, we think together and we grow. That's how it works.

Now, even though I am my own favorite topic, I have to bring this to a close. And I would like to close by saying that Denicio doesn't want me banned. He has alterior motives. And this forum has shown itself to be superior in the online world specifically by the way it allows free debate and discussion and at the same time keeps out the spam. It is a model for how forums should be run, and I should know: I started doing this in 1994, and I can't count the number of forums, MSN groups, alt.whatever groups, amazon groups, etc. I've been banned from and walked away from, Christian, Satanist, and Atheist.

Hug
Quote this message in a reply
31-03-2012, 01:29 AM
Then Jesus said, “Do not let your hearts be troubled; you believe in God. Believe also in Me. (VGJC 44:17)

Nice quote, basically just comes right out and says Jesus is a fraud.
That is assuming he even existed of course, which is sketchy at best given there is absolutely no historical evidence.
[+] 1 user Likes Antirepublican's post
31-03-2012, 02:07 AM

(31-03-2012 01:29 AM)Antirepublican Wrote:  Then Jesus said, “Do not let your hearts be troubled; you believe in God. Believe also in Me. (VGJC 44:17)

Nice quote, basically just comes right out and says Jesus is a fraud.
That is assuming he even existed of course, which is sketchy at best given there is absolutely no historical evidence.

The verse means that Jesus Christ is the logical conclusion that follows a belief in God, and his life and teachings as a revelation of God is enough for us in this life. We don't have to keep asking questions.

As for evidence of Jesus' existence, that is just crazy talk. The whole of Western Civilization is built around a religion that is built around a man that is said to have lived at a very specific time in history. Also, the first chapter of the Gospel of John in the New Testament unwittingly assumes the reader of the Gospel knows of a conflict of opinion over who was the true messiah, Jesus or John the Baptist. The Gospel writer of John didn't intend this in his writing, but it's there. In other words, the original readers of the Gospel of John must have all been quite aware that some thought Jesus was the Messiah and some thought John the Baptist was the messiah, and John the Baptist is a historical figure. Therefore, Jesus is a historical figure.

But that's irrelevant. Because, as you apparently know all to well, we know nothing about Jesus except for what we read in the Gospels. So, we don't follow a historical Jesus. We follow the revelation of God presented to us in the story of the life and the record of the teachings of Jesus Christ as recorded in The Veridican Gospel of Jesus Christ, which is the most relevant Gospel today.
Quote this message in a reply