Expel Egor Please!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
31-03-2012, 05:58 PM
RE: Expel Egor Please!
(31-03-2012 01:56 PM)Egor Wrote:  
(31-03-2012 06:18 AM)DeepThought Wrote:  Yeah, he can be obnoxious at times and his message at times just sucks. With the stuff he says sometimes I wonder if he sees us as people or if he has some weird image of twisted demons in his head. I don't enjoy being portrayed like that but it's got nothing to do with us. It's all on him.
You are damn right my comments are deliberately inflammatory. That doesn't make them less truthful. They are also in direct retaliation to the derogatory things you say about some people on this forum. The moment you stop behaving like an angry bull in a pen, the more respect you will get. Did you notice I congratulated you when you managed to type a post without saying something stupid or derogatory? That's step no 1 for you. Step no 2 is to actually listen to what people are telling you.

I see you drowning. And no one is going to just sit back and watch while another person is drowning are they?

Quote:Still however much I hate his message and disagree with him we do not censor here.

Right, and look at the comments right on this page by Mark Fulton. They are designed to do nothing but insult. I don't have a problem with that. The heat is what keeps the conversational engine running.

Quote:Egor probably crafts his content to be deliberately inflammatory just to get extra attention/website hits. Marketing tactics I suppose. Maybe you should take that into account before you take the bait.

I disagree. I do write books, and I show them on my website; any author would, but I'm not in here to market them, and I don't think you'll see a place where I've ever done that. Even on my own site, you won't find any kind of sales tactics other than just showing the books I've written and a link to Amazon.

Quote:Own your emotions.

I like that. I think I'm going to actually use that professionally at work. Thank you. Thumbsup
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
31-03-2012, 05:59 PM
(30-03-2012 02:07 PM)Logica Humano Wrote:  Derailing seems to be against the ToU. Keep things on the topic at hand. If you want to debate your own topic, then create a thread about it. He does not need to turn every debate he enters into an argument about his theology.
It "seems to be" against the terms? Why don't you cite it? As far as I know, these are the only Forum Rules given here.

I agree with KingsChosen. There's no need to censor someone that you don't agree with. In fact, the last time I posted here (I think it was Thursday) I was praising this forum for being the sort that doesn't shut people up just because we don't agree with them.

My girlfriend is mad at me. Perhaps I shouldn't have tried cooking a stick in her non-stick pan.
31-03-2012, 06:00 PM
(31-03-2012 01:55 PM)lucradis Wrote:  Hey Mark I didn't realize you had your own website! Very nice man.
Plus you've got a fair amount o fans out there do good for you!
When I'm at home on my real no foolin computer I'm likely to like your Facebook page! You've done the research and I appreciate that.
Yeah, it's a really cool site, MF. Thumbsup

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Erxomai's post
31-03-2012, 06:41 PM
(31-03-2012 06:00 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  
(31-03-2012 01:55 PM)lucradis Wrote:  Hey Mark I didn't realize you had your own website! Very nice man.
When I'm at home on my real no foolin computer I'm likely to like your Facebook page! You've done the research and I appreciate that.
Yeah, it's a really cool site, MF. Thumbsup

It took me a moment to realize that you meant "Mark Fulton" and not "mother fucker"... but I agree. I've been to his site and I like it.

My girlfriend is mad at me. Perhaps I shouldn't have tried cooking a stick in her non-stick pan.
[+] 3 users Like Starcrash's post
31-03-2012, 07:03 PM (This post was last modified: 31-03-2012 08:35 PM by Mark Fulton.)
(31-03-2012 01:56 PM)Egor Wrote:  
(31-03-2012 06:18 AM)DeepThought Wrote:  Yeah, he can be obnoxious at times and his message at times just sucks. With the stuff he says sometimes I wonder if he sees us as people or if he has some weird image of twisted demons in his head. I don't enjoy being portrayed like that but it's got nothing to do with us. It's all on him.

I see you drowning. And no one is going to just sit back and watch while another person is drowning are they?

Quote:Still however much I hate his message and disagree with him we do not censor here.

Right, and look at the comments right on this page by Mark Fulton. They are designed to do nothing but insult. I don't have a problem with that. The heat is what keeps the conversational engine running.

Quote:Egor probably crafts his content to be deliberately inflammatory just to get extra attention/website hits. Marketing tactics I suppose. Maybe you should take that into account before you take the bait.

I disagree. I do write books, and I show them on my website; any author would, but I'm not in here to market them, and I don't think you'll see a place where I've ever done that. Even on my own site, you won't find any kind of sales tactics other than just showing the books I've written and a link to Amazon.

Quote:Own your emotions.

I like that. I think I'm going to actually use that professionally at work. Thank you. Thumbsup
Egor, my commentary about you is deliberately insulting because

1) You have lowered the standard of discussion on this forum repeatedly with your own inflammatory posts. That is unacceptable. It bothers me that there are good people here, who, in the interests of free speech, allow themselves to be insulted by you.

2) You also repeatedly insult atheism in a manner which allows it no legitimacy. When you do that you are going to get back what you give, at least from me. I will fight you tooth and nail, and I will fight dirty if that's how you want to play. In my mind this is much bigger than you and me, which is one reason I am making an issue out of it.

3) This is a forum in which intellectually minded people discuss history and philosophy. Your self styled religion is all about your interpretation of the gospels. You have referenced no one. Have you got any idea how boring that is for people who have read scores of books on history and philosophy? Does the phrase "empty vessels make the most noise" mean anything to you?

I would much prefer to have civil discussions with you, as in some ways making a straw man out of you is rather childish. But to date you have repeatedly proved yourself incapable of this. In my opinion you have forfeited your right to be treated with respect.

If you stop behaving like a bull in a pen by ceasing to make derogatory comments about people, which includes threats about burning in hell etc, you will find that people will pay you a lot more respect.

Then, if you show some genuine ability to listen to others, more people might restart having civil discussions with you. (For example, you managed to write a comment that wasn't inflammatory and I genuinely congratulated you.)

Thanks Lucradis, I'm rather proud of my website. It is a work in progress. Many of the ideas on it have been derived from discussions here. Please feel free to pm me if you have any suggestions to improve it
(31-03-2012 05:59 PM)Starcrash Wrote:  
(30-03-2012 02:07 PM)Logica Humano Wrote:  Derailing seems to be against the ToU. Keep things on the topic at hand. If you want to debate your own topic, then create a thread about it. He does not need to turn every debate he enters into an argument about his theology.
It "seems to be" against the terms? Why don't you cite it? As far as I know, these are the only Forum Rules given here.

I agree with KingsChosen. There's no need to censor someone that you don't agree with. In fact, the last time I posted here (I think it was Thursday) I was praising this forum for being the sort that doesn't shut people up just because we don't agree with them.
Your website deserves a mention! Well done to you too!
31-03-2012, 11:43 PM

(31-03-2012 07:03 PM)Mark Fulton Wrote:  Egor, my commentary about you is deliberately insulting because

Because nothing. You own your sin--or are you saying I'm controlling you like a puppet master?

Quote:1) You have lowered the standard of discussion on this forum repeatedly with your own inflammatory posts. That is unacceptable. It bothers me that there are good people here, who, in the interests of free speech, allow themselves to be insulted by you.

Maybe they don't feel insulted. And here you go again, trying to speak for others, trying to drag others into your response so you seem like a shepherd defending his flock. Don't you think that's a little sticky? A little greasy? Kind of repulsive?

Quote:2) You also repeatedly insult atheism in a manner which allows it no legitimacy.

It has no legitimacy. It's wrong. It's dangerous, and it has a nasty side effect of sending people to hell when they die. I'd like to stop it.

Quote:When you do that you are going to get back what you give, at least from me. I will fight you tooth and nail, and I will fight dirty if that's how you want to play. In my mind this is much bigger than you and me, which is one reason I am making an issue out of it.

OMG! Are you fronting? Flex You sound ridiculous. "I will fight dirty--I will fight dirty!" I don't think you could fight your way out of a paper bag.

Quote:3) This is a forum in which intellectually minded people discuss history and philosophy.

What? Since when?

Quote:Your self styled religion is all about your interpretation of the gospels.

So?

Quote: You have referenced no one. Have you got any idea how boring that is for people who have read scores of books on history and philosophy? Does the phrase "empty vessels make the most noise" mean anything to you?

Does "You shouldn't throw stones when you live in a glass house" make any sense to you?

Quote:I would much prefer to have civil discussions with you, as in some ways making a straw man out of you is rather childish. But to date you have repeatedly proved yourself incapable of this. In my opinion you have forfeited your right to be treated with respect.

I think you belong over at Raving Atheist.

Quote:If you stop behaving like a bull in a pen by ceasing to make derogatory comments about people, which includes threats about burning in hell etc, you will find that people will pay you a lot more respect.

Hey Mark, I don't need respect.

Quote:Then, if you show some genuine ability to listen to others, more people might restart having civil discussions with you. (For example, you managed to write a comment that wasn't inflammatory and I genuinely congratulated you.)

Sounds like that was a very important moment for you. Drinking Beverage
Quote this message in a reply
01-04-2012, 12:58 AM
Give Egor a break...................................ban Woof instead! Yes
01-04-2012, 01:10 AM
(01-04-2012 12:58 AM)Mr Woof Wrote:  Give Egor a break...................................ban Woof instead! Yes
Which one would he like broken? Tongue

Humankind Dodgy (a total misnomer)
[+] 3 users Like aurora's post
01-04-2012, 01:28 AM
(01-04-2012 01:10 AM)aurora2020 Wrote:  
(01-04-2012 12:58 AM)Mr Woof Wrote:  Give Egor a break...................................ban Woof instead! Yes
Which one would he like broken? Tongue
OOhh Aurora, you can be tough when you want to! Ohmy
01-04-2012, 02:19 AM
Who is this Egor anyway?