Experts believe China will overtake the US as most Christian nation by 2025

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-04-2014, 08:42 AM
RE: Experts believe China will overtake the US as most Christian nation by 2025
It looks like all those "Made in China" labels are soon going to have to change to "Created in China".

I am not accountable to any God. I am accountable to myself - and not because I think I am God as some theists would try to assert - but because, no matter what actions I take, thoughts I think, or words I utter, I have to be able to live with myself.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Impulse's post
29-04-2014, 11:15 PM (This post was last modified: 29-04-2014 11:23 PM by PeterKA.)
As I keep reminding people at every available opportunity, I actually live in China - or least work here for the time being.

China is a country of huge numbers, for example there are more people living in my neighborhood in Shanghai than there are in my actual country (Scotland: pop 5m). Only a small proportion of these could be considered in any way religious and there are way, way more buddhists and muslims than there are christians.

In a population of 1.3 billion, 70 million or so is a very small percentage and cannot be considered in any way of being statistically significant.

The secret to a happy life is lowering your expectations to the point where they are already met
[+] 1 user Likes PeterKA's post
29-04-2014, 11:42 PM
(29-04-2014 11:15 PM)PeterKA Wrote:  As I keep reminding people at every available opportunity, I actually live in China - or least work here for the time being.

China is a country of huge numbers, for example there are more people living in my neighborhood in Shanghai than there are in my actual country (Scotland: pop 5m). Only a small proportion of these could be considered in any way religious and there are way, way more buddhists and muslims than there are christians.

In a population of 1.3 billion, 70 million or so is a very small percentage and cannot be considered in any way of being statistically significant.

History shows that it only takes a small number of Christians to f*ck things up.

Theism is to believe what other people claim, Atheism is to ask "why should I".
[+] 1 user Likes sporehux's post