Explain Yourself

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 4.5 Average
16-03-2010, 03:19 PM (This post was last modified: 31-03-2010 04:28 PM by Unbeliever.)
Explain Yourself
Why did you choose your avatar? Your username? Your custom title? Your signature? Inquiring minds want to know!

As for myself:

USERNAME: Taken from The Chronicles of Thomas Covenant the Unbeliever by Stephen R. Donaldson. Good series. Read it if you have the time.

AVATAR: The Speech Bobblehead from Bethesda Softworks' triumph, quite possibly the greatest video game ever made: Fallout 3. Throughout the post-apocalyptic waste that is the game's setting, several Vault Boy Bobbleheads are scattered. Each of them gives a bonus to the corresponding skill or S.P.E.C.I.A.L. attribute. The Speech Bobblehead looks the best as an avatar.

EDIT: Current avatar is simply Vault Boy rather than the bobblehead.

TITLE: Also from Fallout 3, Vault-Tec was the company in charge of creating the Vaults, the underground shelters intended to protect selected groups of humanity from nuclear war.

SIGNATURE: Taken from Hogfather by Terry Pratchett. Pratchett is my all-time favorite author. He mixes satire, absurdist comedy and incredible storytelling in a way that no other writer has ever matched.

EDIT: Current signature is the Vault-Tec motto.

"Sometimes it is better to light a flamethrower than to curse the darkness."
- Terry Pratchett
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Unbeliever's post
16-03-2010, 03:25 PM
RE: Explain Yourself
USERNAME: It's my favorite colour... Not really a deep explanation I suppose, haha Tongue

AVATAR: The picture originated from, I believe, 4Chan (probably /b/) and is what is known as the "Troll Face". It's a picture posted to call people trolls basically or posted along a troll post. For those who don't know what a troll is, they are people who intentionally argue with fallacies to incite anger. (Sounds a lot like theists...)

TITLE: Taken from the name of my most recent musical obsession, Them Crooked Vultures Smile

SIGNATURE: My favorite Epicurus quote, I think it's probably a favorite among most atheists.

Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Green's post
16-03-2010, 03:58 PM
USERNAME: I use the same one over and over again. I don't like memorizing a name for every site.

AVATAR: Thought it was funny. I put little thought into it.

TITLE: Don't have one. I'll make one as soon as I'm done with this.

SIGNATURE: Well, I liked my old Epicurus one because it summarized my feelings very will. My new one also speaks the truth. We created god, as a concept, god didn't create us.

And about Fallout 3, I'm afraid you're wrong Unbeliever. Fallout 3 IS the best game ever produced. No "Possibly" about it.

I don't believe Jesus is the son of God until I see the long form birth certificate!
16-03-2010, 04:04 PM
(16-03-2010 03:58 PM)ashley.hunt60 Wrote:  And about Fallout 3, I'm afraid you're wrong Unbeliever. Fallout 3 IS the best game ever produced. No "Possibly" about it.

You and Green... I love you guys. *hugs*

"Sometimes it is better to light a flamethrower than to curse the darkness."
- Terry Pratchett
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
16-03-2010, 04:11 PM
FALLOUT FRIENDS UNITE!

Have you guys seen the Fallout PC pack? Comes with Fallout 1 & 2 as well as Tactics... Pretty solid buy. Only about twenty bucks around where I live, I imagine it'd be cheaper in the states.

And to put the thread back on track... What exactly is that in Ashley's avatar?

16-03-2010, 04:18 PM
(16-03-2010 04:11 PM)Green Wrote:  FALLOUT FRIENDS UNITE!

Have you guys seen the Fallout PC pack? Comes with Fallout 1 & 2 as well as Tactics... Pretty solid buy. Only about twenty bucks around where I live, I imagine it'd be cheaper in the states.

And to put the thread back on track... What exactly is that in Ashley's avatar?

About the Fallout PC pack, my cousin got it. She never uses it though. She would much rather my Fallout 3 on my computer (Her computer is too old to handle the awesomeness).

And my avatar is a Cheeto shaped like a preying Jesus. Perhaps I should change it.

I don't believe Jesus is the son of God until I see the long form birth certificate!
16-03-2010, 04:32 PM

Ahhh...It's my name and when I got my first email account there was 58 other martinb's
Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like martinb59's post
16-03-2010, 04:37 PM
(16-03-2010 04:32 PM)martinb59 Wrote:  Ahhh...It's my name

All I can think of when I see your name is...

[Image: martinprince.png]

But maybe that's because I watched the Simpsons episode with the pools last night...

16-03-2010, 04:37 PM
(16-03-2010 04:32 PM)martinb59 Wrote:  Ahhh...It's my name and when I got my first email account there was 58 other martinb's

There were 59 other ashley.hunts when I got mine.

16-03-2010, 04:59 PM

(16-03-2010 04:37 PM)Green Wrote:  
(16-03-2010 04:32 PM)martinb59 Wrote:  Ahhh...It's my name

All I can think of when I see your name is...

[Image: martinprince.png]

But maybe that's because I watched the Simpsons episode with the pools last night...

Nice but not close, it did make me laugh, if I posted that you guys would have jumped down my throat. This is me and my girlfriend from Christmas. Let the games begin with the jokes I am ready. How do I post a picture from my computer? Maybe I just did.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

Quote this message in a reply