Explain Yourself

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 4.5 Average
24-01-2011, 12:14 AM
RE: Explain Yourself
I'm just curious what kind of a market there is for rat breeders.

name: idk, just something somewhat catchy.
title: self explanatory
sig: I listen to too much Drum 'N' Bass

Hey brother christian, with your high and mighty errand, your actions speak so loud, I can't hear a word you're saying.

"This machine kills fascists..."

"Well this machine kills commies!"
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
24-01-2011, 09:40 AM
(24-01-2011 12:14 AM)UnderTheMicroscope Wrote:  I'm just curious what kind of a market there is for rat breeders.

I raise them (Then euthanize, package, and freeze them) as feeders for reptiles. We produce 1600-1800 a month, and can't keep up with demand. Reptiles are becoming very popular pets, and the old stereotypes are quickly disappearing. People are realizing they can have more than just fish in their apartments, and many reptiles are great to interact with. It's a big hobby, and still growing. (We also breed ball pythons. Our farm isn't your typical farm, that's for sure! LOL)

Ambulatory habitation detritus.
24-01-2011, 07:01 PM
Why did you choose your avatar? Your username? Your custom title? Your signature?
Avatar was chosen cause it makes me giggle. My username is my default, Rosa because it was my name in German class in high school and azure cause I love blue and I like the way it sounds. Deep I know! Wink No custom title yet, I'm new, but I might change that eventually. The quotes are used because I like them. The first is good advice that I've been known to say to my friends, but I swiped it from a computer game I love. The second is more silly, also from a computer game and more an example of irony.

"He who will not reason, is a bigot; he who cannot, is a fool; and he who dares not, is a slave." ~Sir William Drummond
24-01-2011, 09:26 PM
I only just read this thread for some reason. Smile

My username: I have a tattoo of a trillium. (a flower) Short version is I got it in memory of my dad.

My avatar/sig: I like kittehs. Big Grin I work with kittehs everyday. I have 2 kittehs.

My custom title: Sort of self explanatory. I grew up in the Northeast and I live in Texas now. It's a rather strange experience. There are quite a few folks down here who are still pretty bitter about the whole Civil War thing. Wink

My reason for being is to serve as a cat cushion. That is good enough for me. Wink
24-01-2011, 11:48 PM
Talk about people who "can't let go and move on with their lives!" That is both ridiculous and scary.

When I find myself in times of trouble, Richard Dawkins comes to me, speaking words of reason, now I see, now I see.
24-01-2011, 11:56 PM
(24-01-2011 09:40 AM)Stark Raving Wrote:  I raise them (Then euthanize, package, and freeze them) as feeders for reptiles.

Poor rats. Sad <-Rat owner

[Image: buddhasig.png]
“Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it, no matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense.” ~ Gautama Buddha
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
26-01-2011, 08:50 PM
(24-01-2011 11:48 PM)No J. Wrote:  Talk about people who "can't let go and move on with their lives!" That is both ridiculous and scary.

You're not kidding. I went to a re-enactment once just to see what it was like. You should have heard the cheering when a Yankee was "shot". It was actually creepy. Glad you can't tell someone is a Yankee by looking at them, I might have been lynched that day. Wink

My reason for being is to serve as a cat cushion. That is good enough for me. Wink
26-01-2011, 09:02 PM
Quote:You're not kidding. I went to a re-enactment once just to see what it was like. You should have heard the cheering when a Yankee was "shot". It was actually creepy. Glad you can't tell someone is a Yankee by looking at them, I might have been lynched that day. Wink

O.o' Wow. That is remarkably sad and scary all at once.

"He who will not reason, is a bigot; he who cannot, is a fool; and he who dares not, is a slave." ~Sir William Drummond
27-01-2011, 03:40 AM
My name; I like chess, and I'm Chesstime in many places. My current avatar is an "XNOR" logic gate. Both inputs must be the same for the output to be true. This avatar is subject to change at my whim.

My signature is my personal quote; yes I wrote it.

The Beauty of The Scientific Method , is the Anticipation of a Better Explanation.
27-01-2011, 02:16 PM
I like the quote in your signature, Chesstime. If I wrote it I would have started with "One of the profound beauties....." because I see several other beauties in the scientific method. These include the satisfaction of discovery, the advancing connection to the real universe, the awe of nature in all is grandeur and the freedom to learn about what is real and what isn't. But then I may just be making things overly complicated.

I used to play chess and was moderately good at it. I had a friend who studied chess and helped me advance my game dramatically. Our schedules and situations changed so we haven't run into each other for a few years and I haven't found anyone to play with since.

I think chess should be a course in school. It teaches one to understand how cause and effect actually works and it helps to sharpen one's concentration.

When I find myself in times of trouble, Richard Dawkins comes to me, speaking words of reason, now I see, now I see.