29-01-2011, 07:09 PM

RE: Explain Yourself
Name: A song by a folk singer from my province named Joel Plaskett
Sig: a random quote I found online ^^"
Avatar: A butterfly. Just a butterfly Smile
Quote this message in a reply
30-01-2011, 08:09 AM

USERNAME: First off - I'm actually a guy, despite the D standing for daughter. So I belonged to a (roleplay) group called the sons of ether after one of the sects from a G we frequently RP'd and attempted to sing up somewhere (long ago i dont recall where) as Son of ether. which turned out to be taken. Thus Daughter of Ether is my name and a quick gender disclaimer is my MO. Also, I frequently end comments and reviews with "~Ja ne", Japanese for an informal goodbye. But that lead people who never bothered to read my gender disclaimer to assume my name was Jane. So for a mostly social forum I am DoE and on boards where i work as a mod or translator - Jane DoE.

AVATAR: Yeah reisen ... I accidentally a lot of touhou. I finished unthinkable natural law, cage in lunatic runagate and silent sinner in blue today for example.

TITLE: I dont think i have one set just now.

SIGNATURE: Default sig from other forums. I'm already thinking of changing it to "And there forms about the god a shell of priests and buildings and rituals and rites. Until the god dies. And this may not be noticed." Mostly because i prefer my gods in fantasy settings that contain a mechanism for them to actually matter.
30-01-2011, 12:10 PM
What is touhou?
Are - unthinkable natural law, cage in lunatic runagate and silent sinner in blue - the names of books?

When I find myself in times of trouble, Richard Dawkins comes to me, speaking words of reason, now I see, now I see.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
30-01-2011, 03:27 PM

The touhou project is a series of video games (and some associated media) famous for terrible art, addictive gameplay, fantastic music and in depth story telling. Oh and titles containing ridiculously supar engrish.

Unthinkable natural law is a spinoff game set after the latest game in the main series, unidentified fantastic object.

Silent sinner in blue, Inaba of the moon and inaba of the earth and Cage in Lunatic runagate are three volumes of vignettes that recount the aftermath of the 8th main series touhou game (Imperishable night). They tell the same story seriously in the third person, comedically from the perspective of characters not actually involved in the action and sort of whimsically in the first person respectively. I recommend Cage especially as textbook on how asian literature is different (nearly alien) to western.
02-02-2011, 02:01 AM
(27-01-2011 02:16 PM)No J. Wrote:  I like the quote in your signature, Chesstime. If I wrote it I would have started with "One of the profound beauties....." because I see several other beauties in the scientific method. These include the satisfaction of discovery, the advancing connection to the real universe, the awe of nature in all is grandeur and the freedom to learn about what is real and what isn't. But then I may just be making things overly complicated.

I used to play chess and was moderately good at it. I had a friend who studied chess and helped me advance my game dramatically. Our schedules and situations changed so we haven't run into each other for a few years and I haven't found anyone to play with since.

I think chess should be a course in school. It teaches one to understand how cause and effect actually works and it helps to sharpen one's concentration.
I play on "Chessjam" It's the best I've seen. I'm Chesstime there too. I recommend NOT using the desktop version. Instead use the web ver. or the facebook link.

The Beauty of The Scientific Method , is the Anticipation of a Better Explanation.
10-02-2011, 08:45 AM
Explain myself? I do that every post =p
My name everywhere unless I'm there a second time for some reason is lilith pride. which while most people think of it as a gay thing. I was trying out the HTML pet game neopets and wanted to name my pet lilith's pride, since there were no apostrophe's or spaces I just removed all that and got lilithpride. After having the name around a while I decided I really liked it. P.S. Lilith is my actual name
My photo is one of my favorite personal photos. My sister took it, and while I generally look good in photos I'm not often in makeup
I'm new here so i'm not sure what title means.
And as far as signatures I am not one to quote others so when I make one it will most likely be some random thing I have decided to say. perhaps "I'd be more credible if I were to cite others and give my statements ground but who really wants me to be credible?"

I'm not a non believer, I believe in the possibility of anything. I just don't let the actuality of something be determined by a 3rd party.
10-02-2011, 10:10 AM
Welcome to TTAF!

"Sometimes it is better to light a flamethrower than to curse the darkness."
- Terry Pratchett
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
10-02-2011, 10:33 AM
thanks glad to have a nice forum for debates. Hopefully not the kind that incite hackers and trolls, but what would the internet be if not an exact replica of that which it mimics?

I'm not a non believer, I believe in the possibility of anything. I just don't let the actuality of something be determined by a 3rd party.
10-02-2011, 07:44 PM

USERNAME: I chose 'Kthulu' because I was listening to Metallica's "The Call of Ktulu" from their superb album Ride the Lightning. Also, because I recently discovered the complete writings of H.P. Lovecraft online and am enjoying them very much (when I get a chance to read them, that is).

*I understand that I have chosen a less popular spelling of the original Cthulhu.

AVATAR: It's an iconographic representation of Kthulu. I like it's symmetry.

TITLE: Haven't adjusted this, yet. When I figure it out, I may change it.

SIGNATURE: Don't have one as of yet.
10-02-2011, 10:38 PM
(10-02-2011 08:45 AM)Lilith Pride Wrote:  I'm new here so i'm not sure what title means.

See under your name where it says "junior member"? That's the title. You can go into your CP and make it say whatever you want.

Welcome!

My reason for being is to serve as a cat cushion. That is good enough for me. Wink