Explain Yourself

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 4.5 Average
28-05-2011, 12:56 PM

RE: Explain Yourself
USERNAME: "Celestus" is the name I chose for my human paladin in WoW some -sigh- years ago. I wanted something that sounded divine so anything starting from the latin root celest- (which means "associated with the heavens") would do. It turned out to become my nickname, the name featured on all my e-mails and also one of my astral personalities (I know that the last one sounds hocus-pocus but it's actually a psychodynamic method of projecting; the cognitive school uses that to perform self-talk). "87" is -doh- the year I was born.

AVATAR: A graphical illustration of bipolar disorder.

TITLE: An amalgamated title featuring the words "cosmology", "astronomer" & "psychologist".

SIGNATURE: Currently it is just a notion that I came up with and wanted to share. However, my sigs are things that I change all the time. >_>
Quote this message in a reply
05-06-2011, 05:03 AM
USERNAME: Aren’t we all pilgrims? The sun orbits the galaxy at 900,000 km an hour and is taking us with it. I’ve racked up a couple million kms travelling on earth and currently look at the other side of the universe from where I was born.

AVATAR: An arcade. There is light at the end of the tunnel and exits along the side that can’t be seen until you get to them.

TITLE: Will it change by itself if I hang around long enough?

SIGNATURE: Whatever dream you think we are in, we are in it together. From Through the Looking Glass.

He was part of my dream, of course--but then I was part of his dream, too!
--Alice
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
05-06-2011, 06:22 AM
USERNAME: I am clumsy and have used this UN for everything since I was 10

TITLE: Ditto

SIGNATURE: I love The Hitch-hiker's Guide "Trilogy"

"I refuse to prove that I exist," says God, "for proof denies faith, and without faith I am nothing". "But," says man, "the Babel fish is a dead giveaway, isn't it? It proves you exist and so therefore you don't. QED." "Oh dear," says God, "I hadn't thought of that," and promptly vanishes in a puff of logic.
-DA
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
18-06-2011, 02:12 PM

USERNAME: Klandri is my default username for everything since I was like 10. It comes from the Icelandic word "klandur" which roughly means trouble.

TITLE: ?

SIGNATURE: Self explanatory. Or, you know, the explanation is in the sig.
04-07-2011, 10:11 AM
username-monkeyshine89

Just like parent's give their kids first names, well when I (and the internet) were still young I was given monkeyshine89 by my mom, and well... I hadn't had a reason to change it yet, this name is pretty unique to me, so if you ever run into any other monkeyshine89s on the internet, it's probably me.

Professor Farnsworth from futurama, crazy old scientist.

Title- Planet Express Delivery girl first class

Well, I'm pretty sure it's becoming evident that I'm quite a fan of futurama

Sig- One of my favorite lines of Professor Farnsworth and pretty appropriate of an atheist. The line that follow the one in my signature is "with my last breath I curse Zoidberg.

[Image: 1471821-futurama_bender_s_big_score_imag...er-1-1.jpg]
04-07-2011, 06:07 PM
Name: I as so many others have used the same one for so long and for so many things. My memory only functions when it pleases, so I work around it.

Avatar: Speaks for itself I think. Found Teapot art on internet. Stole said art for personal use.

Title: I am the loyal subject of our great lord and savior The Great Spaghetti Monster, and since I am not familiar with any current name for us I call myself a loyal meatball.

Signature: Another internet theft that pretty well speaks for itself. It's a little big though, I'm thinking of changing it. Maybe a monkey eating it's own banana?

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
14-07-2011, 02:01 PM
I'm new here!

Name: well, I do like anime a lot, many fans view "otaku" as a bad word but I view it as a neutral one and one that most non-anime people can instantly recognize. CJ is one of my nicknames

Avatar: It's one of the main characters from a show called Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann. The reason I picked this show was because it's a very pro-human series, and a lot of anime tend to portray humans as evil, but TTGL is like "enjoy the heck out of being a human!" and human awesomeness and belief in themselves and what they are capable of is what saves the day in this anime so I thought it appropriate an avatar.

Signature: umm, I haven't quite decided this one yet, I may be lazy and just put my MAL sig in here, but I might think up or find a clever quote at some point. If you are also on MAL and an anime fan and atheist, pm me, I'll tell you my MAL name (it's nowhere near the same as this one)

Title: uh, no idea, I don't see that option yet....
16-07-2011, 05:45 PM

USERNAME: That would be my first name.

SIGNATURE: I've never been a fan of signatures, and I've never felt like trying to create one, I usually just leave it blank until I see something I want to quote from somebody on a forum, and then that usually ends up as my sig.

Wow, I'm pretty simple. Dodgy
17-07-2011, 11:45 AM
(05-06-2011 05:03 AM)pilgrim Wrote:  USERNAME: Aren’t we all pilgrims? The sun orbits the galaxy at 900,000 km an hour and is taking us with it. I’ve racked up a couple million kms travelling on earth and currently look at the other side of the universe from where I was born.

TITLE: Will it change by itself if I hang around long enough?

I like your name very much...
Your title will change over time, if you make enough comments. You can also change it somehow. I forgot how.

..."we can be truly free - not because we can rebel against the the tyranny of the selfish replicators but because we know that there is no one to rebel."
Susan Blackmore : The Meme Machine
22-07-2011, 01:35 PM
Avatar: Statue of Pythian Apollo; Roman copy of Greek bronze original ~350BC; Vatican Museum.

Username: Apollonian, as in Apollonian/Dionysian, a philosophical/literary dichotomy, representing the two opposing yet interdependent fonts of human creativity and endeavor. The Apollonian is rational, goal-oriented, order-seeking. The Dionysian is emotional/intuitive, ecstatic, chaotic. I identify more with the Apollonian, but try not to downplay the Dionysian.

Custom Title: Well it's what I am. What?

Signature: It's from the beginning of a Homeric hymn to Apollo. I like the idea of all the other gods trembling before the (god of) truth.

"As he goes through the house of Zeus, the gods tremble before him, and all spring up from their seats when he draws near, as he bends his bright bow." - Homeric Hymn to Apollo