Explain Yourself

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 4.5 Average
19-08-2011, 07:47 AM (This post was last modified: 19-08-2011 07:53 AM by Omega Gamma.)
RE: Explain Yourself
USERNAME: Omega Gamma. Ever played Sonic Adventure or Sonic Heroes? Two of my favorite game from childhood. Gamma and Omega were my favorite characters from each game. For ages I use Gamma on the internet, then I started using Omega. Then one day niether of them were avaliable. So I made Gamma Omega.
That didn't sound to good so I went Omega Gamma. Vola! Instant awesome.
This name sparked my interest in Greek. Ever since then, no matter what I apply it to (Video games, Fan fiction, school work, my 3 "multiple personalities") I have been able to make it fit perfectly.

AVATAR: Capital Omega encasing lower case Gamma. That's the way I've use omega and gamma as a symbol to define me since Omega Gamma's creation.

TITLE: What can I say. I love Doctor Who, old and new. I know almost to much about it. Hell I even wear a bowtie as part of my regular school uniform instead of open collar or a normal tie! Big Grin

SIGNATURE: It's not just Doctor Who I love. Almost all scifi. Gene Roddenberry has been a hero of mine since early age when Dad first introduced me to Star Trek. You can imagine what I was like when I realised he was an comfirmed Atheist. I had to use that quote, it sums up my opinion nicely.

As for the Greek part. . .It translates to;

"I am Human. I am all of me. There is no God."

Something I cooked up when I finally said "I am an Atheist" aloud to myself. A cool revelation by not a poetic as I wanted it. So I got my old LOTE teacher to help me with several translations. I tried Japanese, Latin, German and Greek. I picked Greek because it sounded cool and poetic and it fits with my name of Omega Gamma.
(Interesting side note; On friday next week I am performing my own 6-8 minute Absurd/existenialist play for a drama assessment. I am using this as my closing line in the greek form. It sums up and ends the play perfectly! Maybe I'll post the script for you guys to read if you like.)

So there you go.

«Είμα Ανθρώπου. Είμαι όλοι για μένα. Δεν υπάρχουν Θεοί».
Ωμέγα Γάμμα
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
20-08-2011, 04:59 PM (This post was last modified: 20-08-2011 05:03 PM by FSM_scot.)
USERNAME: Everything else I tried had been taken so I put the name of the noodley one and my nationality.

AVATAR: Currently Dr Zoidberg dressed as Jesus as I love futurama.

TITLE: I can't think of anything to replace it with any suggestions?

SIGNATURE: Currently two futurama quotes one from bender about an afterlife and the other from Proffesor Farnsworth about science.

Behold the power of the force!
[Image: fgYtjtY.gif]
20-08-2011, 05:37 PM
My avatar.

Religious disputes are like arguments in a madhouse over which inmate really is Napoleon.
21-08-2011, 05:18 PM
User name : Atheoi
Atheoi is singulair for aθeos ...θ = th... Atheos greek word meaning with out Gods Atheoi mening with out God.

The term atheism originated from the Greek aθεος (atheos), meaning "without gods" which was applied with a negative connotation to those thought to reject the gods worshipped by the larger society. With the spread of freethought, keptical inquiry crease in criticism of religion application of the term narrowed in scope. The first individuals to identify themselves as "atheist" appeared in the 18th century.

Avatar: I.P.U. invisable pink unicorn http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Invisible_Pink_Unicorn
the same concept as the flying spaghetti monster http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flying_Spaghetti_Monster

Title: Atheism Freedom for the Mind ...DUH Wink

Signature: this is one of many that I like....

Its better to live your life as if there was no God, and try to make the world a better place for you being in it. If there is no God you have lost nothing and will be remembered fondly by those you left behind. If there is a benevolent God he will judge you on your merits and not just whether or not you beliveved in him

Why would a God create people so imperfect then blame them for there own imperfections.
Then send his own son to be judged, tortured, and killed by the very same imperfect people.
In order to make up for how imperfect we are?
[+] 1 user Likes atheoi's post
09-09-2011, 01:05 AM
AVATAR: I like the pic.......I find it quite ironic.

USERNAME: I got into trouble at work, because I work as a civil servant I am meant to stay impartial when publicly speaking (yeah right) and I got suspended once for 6 weeks because of what I put on youtube.

I kept my job and got told not to make another youtube account.....as soon as I got home I made another youtube account (lol) and called it "bemorecarefull" as a reminder of what and what not to post.

Bemore has kinda come out of it.

SIGNATURE: Some of my friends song lyrics......which I resonate with. You can hear her work here....... http://www.merieveritt.bandcamp.com/album/s-i-y-r-ep ....the song itself which I take my signature off is track no.2: Lonely

For no matter how much I use these symbols, to describe symptoms of my existence.
You are your own emphasis.
So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
[+] 1 user Likes bemore's post
09-09-2011, 02:28 AM
USERNAME: Back in the day when I got my first email address, I was a Russian major in college and wanted something Russian. My friends and host family in Russia used to call me me zaichik which means bunny...because I like bunnies. I liked "zaika" better and use it as much as I can online...but it's become less availalable...but I sure scored here!

AVATAR: Conrad Veidt as Gwynplaine in "The Man Who Laughs." I have a special place in my heart for the monsters and freaks of early cinema. The photos of Veidt as Gwynplaine are always striking and so creepy...I love it. If you didn't know, yes, this did inspire the creators of the Joker.

TITLE: I'm a lady, and I really like a lot of things. I'm practically obsessed with The Nerdist podcast...so...the lady nerdist it is!

SIGNATURE: Carl Sagan....need I say more?? I wish that man was still living...he might be a small voice of rational calm in all this madness.

We make our world significant by the courage of our questions and the depth of our answers.

- Carl Sagan
10-09-2011, 12:53 AM
USERNAME: Just picked it up and liked how it sounds.

AVATAR: Take a guess. I painted it on my hood of my van if anyone sees it. 22 inches across you can't miss it.

TITLE: Got sick of explaining the difference.

SIGNATURE: Like the phrases and couldn't think of anything else in 2 mins.

No good deed goes unpunished.

Living better through not dying Big Grin
20-10-2011, 11:11 PM
Yet to decide on an avatar or title, but my name comes from my date of birth - December 31.

My signature is a self-made quote. I came up with as my stock standard rebuttal to anyone that uses specious reasoning in an argument.

Flavoured condoms are not proof that a vagina has taste buds! Tongue
25-10-2011, 09:11 AM
I didn't post in here already? What's wrong with me?

I am Hamata K. I've had that name for years now. It is tied to a character I made back in Soul Calibur 3. He was green with white trim and wore a green ninja mask (I was obsessed with ninjas awhile ago). Anyways. As time went on I found myslef making this Hamata character in any game I possibly could. I eventualy became tied to him by other people and that eventualy became how people viewed me. I've always had some mask or helmet covering his head as he stands for justice. He is a symbol and requires no facial appearence. Hamata is not Japanese. It means the cuirass worn by roman militia.

My Avatar is the troll face of th most trolltastic character known to man. He has been given the title "King of trolls" by the internet. He is Hazama and he trolls you. He is from the fighting game "Blazblue". Even his fighting stly screams troll. Here is a sample of his awesome powers of trolling.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IjG4M2izouk

My signature is something I decided to do after the religious salemen kept coming to my house. It worked REALLY well...almost too well. I swear they are plotting against me as we speak.

NEW AND IMPROVED!
Twice the anger, Half the space!
[+] 1 user Likes Hamata k's post
31-10-2011, 07:40 PM
Username: Nikola is my name. Smile
Avatar : George Carlin, because he is the guy who inspired me and i miss that old fuck.

Signature : When i was watching Richard Dawkin's video's on youtube, he mentioned that Steven Weinberg quotation, and i couldn't agree more on that. Smile

“Religion is an insult to human dignity. With or without it, you'd have good people doing good things and evil people doing bad things, but for good people to do bad things, it takes religion." - Steven Weinberg
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user