Explain Yourself

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 4.5 Average
02-11-2011, 03:45 PM
RE: Explain Yourself
Username: My name is Tim Hughes and at school some people called me Hughsie

Avatar: Kick Ass is the best film EVER

Title: Kick Ass is the best film EVER! (And I'm an Atheist).

Signature: Because I think the general population are pretty stupid. Those of us with our heads screwed on are few and far between. If you think that's an unfair statement then just think about how low a percentage of the worlds population are atheists.

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Hughsie's post
04-11-2011, 09:18 AM

Quote:Why did you choose your avatar?
Your username?
Your custom title?
Your signature?
Inquiring minds want to know!

My avatar: Darlin', that's me. o^-^o
My username: Honestly, I'm not totally sure. Random thought, at the moment.
My custom title: Ahem. I'm going to save people's asses from zombies. Duh! Wink
My signature: I love that movie & that's my kind of mind set.

-thumbs up, cute open-mouth smile- ^-^ Yeah. That's me.
Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes calmyourtitsbro's post
05-11-2011, 06:18 AM
(16-03-2010 03:19 PM)Unbeliever Wrote:  Why did you choose your avatar? Your username? Your custom title? Your signature? Inquiring minds want to know!

White gold, baby!

Ahem... Georg Cantor is my old man. Ever see the move Blade Runner? Guy's questioning the replicant, who goes "lemme tell you about my mother..." Blammo!

On that happy note, he's my pa, Gwyneth Paltrow's my ma... and there's a little Oedipus in alla us. Wink

That's the avatar and username - well, the prophetic House of Cantor is spoken of Romans, but ya gotta be a prophet to know how to use that book. Tongue

I ain't got a custom title. Some atheists think tao is religious nonsense - they're obviously insane, of course - but I'm an atheist. Gotta get along to play along.

I added the prefix to the original law. Applies to so many situations, I put it my sig. I hate sigs. I hate people who go "read my sig" I ain't got a sig. Feel me? Tongue

...and yeah, I'm an asshole. Even worse, I've been drinking. Good news is, third time this year... drinking, that is. Big Grin

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like houseofcantor's post
10-11-2011, 01:43 PM

USERNAME: A friend of mine a long time ago was introducing me to some colleagues and because I'm a computer programmer he introduced me as a "coder head." It stuck.

AVATAR: That's me on my baby, Trigger, a 2007 Suzuki GSX-R1000.

TITLE: Self-explanatory, really. I oppose superstitious beliefs.

SIGNATURE: An excellent quote from Brother Sam Singleton, Atheist Evangelist.
Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes CoderHead's post
12-11-2011, 02:12 AM
Easy as…
User name: My name
Title: Not yet…
Signature: A comment from my wife regarding a t-shirt I was after, echoed by a few others… Let’s just say I’m not overly social.

And Coderhead, get a jacket and some gloves.

A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything. Friedrich Nietzsche
08-12-2011, 04:01 PM
Quote:Why did you choose your avatar? Your username? Your custom title? Your signature? Inquiring minds want to know!

Avatar: Because I find it funny.

Username: I used to play World of Warcraft, I was gonna rename my character, but I was terrible(still am) at coming up with good names so I ripped off the name from a boss called Loatheb and changed to b to a d. Didn't find out until later that Loathed is actually a word, and I like it as a name. I never see another "Loathed" so I always use it, makes me feel unique and creative (eventhough it's a rip-off).

Title: Been an atheist my entire life, couldn't come up with anything more suitable.

Signature: Big fan of Hitchens so I used a quote I like, and well I don't know much about Steven Weinberg, but that quote I love![/align]

What can be asserted without proof can be dismissed without proof Christopher Hitchens

With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion Steven Weinberg
08-12-2011, 04:11 PM
Avatar: It's my dog. He's completely normal. I swear.

Username: This has been my username since ~1994. I've always been a huge Tekken fan and my favorite character is King, so I was his "chosen". Leave me alone, I was 12.

Custom Title: Pretty self explanatory

Sig: Just letting everyone know where I stand Smile

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
[+] 3 users Like kingschosen's post
08-12-2011, 04:28 PM
Explain Yourself
Quote:Why did you choose your avatar? Your username? Your custom title? Your signature? Inquiring minds want to know!

Avatar - an elaborately decorated hand announcing peace.

Username - Kim - no need to hide ... and easier for me to remember.

Custom title - Asymmetrically Brutal - I like to juxtapose sounds, words, adverse meaning. And I will admit to the perfection of imperfection that is humanity.

Signature -If you don't sin, Jesus died for nothing. Found it on a tee shirt and thought it was cute...and it reflects that wacky theist logic. Interesting; I had one Theist on this forum offended by it, and another who decided it expressed his feelings exactly.

Any of the above could change on a whim... except Kim. I am what I am.

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post
08-12-2011, 05:07 PM
(08-12-2011 04:28 PM)kim Wrote:  Avatar - an elaborately decorated hand announcing peace.

Nice Kim. Check out my son's version.

[Image: peace.jpg]

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
08-12-2011, 07:08 PM (This post was last modified: 08-12-2011 07:39 PM by Erxomai.)
(05-11-2011 06:18 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  
(16-03-2010 03:19 PM)Unbeliever Wrote:  Why did you choose your avatar? Your username? Your custom title? Your signature? Inquiring minds want to know!

White gold, baby!

Ahem... Georg Cantor is my old man. Ever see the move Blade Runner? Guy's questioning the replicant, who goes "lemme tell you about my mother..." Blammo!

On that happy note, he's my pa, Gwyneth Paltrow's my ma... and there's a little Oedipus in alla us. Wink

That's the avatar and username - well, the prophetic House of Cantor is spoken of Romans, but ya gotta be a prophet to know how to use that book. Tongue

I ain't got a custom title. Some atheists think tao is religious nonsense - they're obviously insane, of course - but I'm an atheist. Gotta get along to play along.

I added the prefix to the original law. Applies to so many situations, I put it my sig. I hate sigs. I hate people who go "read my sig" I ain't got a sig. Feel me? Tongue

...and yeah, I'm an asshole. Even worse, I've been drinking. Good news is, third time this year... drinking, that is. Big Grin

I love Blade Runner! But I'm pretty sure you have a sig, Johnny.
AVATAR - because it accurately reflects the way I look with a lemon in my mouth.

USERNAME - Erxomai...I already explained this somewhere, so I'll just reprint it:

"Erxomai" is an English transliteration of a Greek word that is pronounced something like "Erc oh my" which became twisted to sound more like, "Eric, Oh my." My Greek prof in seminary taught the verb and it's conjugates by having the class point at me and say: ERIC! And (if you haven't deduced my first name yet, this won't be funny) and I would be compelled to respond by saying, "Oh, my!" Funny at first. Enjoyed the attention for a while. By the end of the quarter, instead of saying "oh my" I began groaning, "oh no!!!)

Now the good stuff. In Greek, the word has a dual meaning:, "I come" and/or "I go", depending on the context. It has long been a screen name for me in various places. (I always enjoyed my own little double entendré pun on the first meaning when I used it on some sort of dating site).

Now the name has new and wonderful significance for me. I have gone. The old Pastor Erxomai has left the building. The newly ever evolving Erxomai is coming into a brand new way of seeing reality. I once saw as through a mirror darkly. I now see face to face. I once was blind, but now I see. Can I get a hallelujah, brethren?

CUSTOM TITLE: Hellbound Preacher sums up pretty much the opposite of the old creature.

SIGNATURE: The single coolest one-liner I've ever seen, on the subject of douche-ness.

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
[+] 1 user Likes Erxomai's post