Explain Yourself

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 4.5 Average
06-04-2013, 03:00 PM
RE: Explain Yourself
USERNAME: Spegof. It's actually the name of the political party that I keep joking with my friends that I want to found: Smart People for the Ethical Genocide of Fuckwits. After about a year attending the university I'm at now, you just might feel the same, lol.

AVATAR: It's actually a pic of a wallpaper that, whenever I see it, never fails to soothe.

TITLE: Because I like to poke holes in people's logic and stories. Usually I try to be polite, but sometimes the urge to say, "This is wrong. You're stupid," is way too great. (Though when that happens, I'm usually in class.)

SIGNATURE: I'm leaning towards, "In the beginning there was nothing...which exploded." --Terry Pratchett or "The right thing to do is only difficult when surrounded by fucktards." --Me
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Spegof's post
06-04-2013, 06:41 PM
Username: Latin: Ghost or one who returns after a long journey or death. Was a character name I used in a free form rpg I used to play and sort of stuck as my default username.

Avatar: Forced perspective shot that appears a statue of Lenin is the one who shot a basketball. Always remember what is sold to you isn't always the truth and if you look hard enough at the miraculous you will see the hand of Man not god.

Title: It is whatever you want it to be.

Signature: #1 A quote from Douglas Adams a great author.
#2 Saw it floating around online and liked the sound of it.

[Image: Hitchhikersguide_zps7678fbae.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Revenant77x's post
07-04-2013, 06:09 PM
USER NAME: When my wife and I first met in Miami we drove down to the Keys 50/52 weekends our first year together to Scuba dive. It took 21 years of planning and hard work but we live here now full time. We came Full Circle.

AVATAR: My friend and protector for 9 1/2 years. I still miss him so.

TITLE: Personal life motto

SIGNATURE: Something I wrote on this forum in a brief moment of lucidity.
Previous sig: Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills. - Ambrose Bierce because I love the sea and at the same time pokes fun at an intelligent creator.

Throughout history conversions happen at the point of a sword, deconversions at the point of a pen - FC

I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man's reasoning powers are not above the monkey's. - Mark Twain in Eruption
07-04-2013, 07:30 PM
User Name: Based on the fictional detective Nero Wolfe. Referred to as "The American Sherlock Holmes". Just as Holmes had the famous address of 221B Baker St., Wolfe lives at West 35th Street NY, NY...thus Nwolfe35
09-04-2013, 12:16 PM
User Name: I picked Journey because I am on a spiritual journey. I'm not really searching for God, I'm searching for truth.

Avatar: I chose this picture because it fit with my user name showing a journey path that is spiritual in nature (hence the clouds) as opposed to an earthly journey. I still believe we have a spiritual nature, just not so sure what that nature is. I think it is not as woo woo as I once thought it was when I was a Christian. Not perfect. But I do believe we have an energetic "soul" that continues beyond death that is developing to some end.

I chose Searching Diest so you would all know where I stand as my title.

I haven't decided on a signature yet.
11-05-2013, 06:14 PM
USER NAME: Years ago I adopted a Latin word, meaning vagrant, as my moniker, however when I first used it, I misspelled it. So... Vagas was meant to be Vagus, but I went with it and it stuck. I have used it for years now.

AVATAR: My favorite constellation, Pleiades...

TITLE: Another Latin phrase: "Veritas vos liberabit" - The truth shall make you free!

SIGNATURE: Its Neil deGrasse Tyson, Come on!

“My view is that if your philosophy is not unsettled daily then you are blind to all the universe has to offer.”
― Neil deGrasse Tyson
12-05-2013, 07:37 AM
(11-05-2013 06:14 PM)Vagas Wrote:  USER NAME: Years ago I adopted a Latin word, meaning vagrant, as my moniker, however when I first used it, I misspelled it. So... Vagas was meant to be Vagus, but I went with it and it stuck. I have used it for years now.

TITLE: Another Latin phrase: "Veritas vos liberabit" - The truth shall make you free!

The Pleiades is an open star cluster (M45), not a constellation. Just sayin'. Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
12-05-2013, 07:57 AM
MONIKER: Long story...

I'm Brandon Buck, thus bb. I was given the nickname el jefe by an employee some years ago. It's Mexican for the boss. A friend who knew of that nickname mentioned that there is a painting of a Buck deer that is also called El Jefe.

So that's that.

AVATAR: It's a V integrated with hands shaking and it signifies voluntarism, as opposed to statism. The lines are yellow and black to indicate anarcho-capitalism, as opposed to other forms of anarchism.

TITLE: Given that I'm an anarchist, I'm an enemy of the state. Since the state is a mere concept... I'm actually an enemy of the parasitic class who earn their livings through the predations they visit on others, in the name of the state.

SIGNATURE: I like this proverb because adherence to it exposes the euphemisms that human beings use to cover up the evil they do to one another.

As an example... the Drug War. Have you ever seen a cop arrest a bag of cocaine? Of course not. There is no war on drugs, there is a war on people who use only some drugs that some people don't like... regardless of whether their doing so harms another human being.

Thus, Drug War is a euphemism for substance bigotry.

The beginning of wisdom is to call things by their right names. - Chinese Proverb
13-05-2013, 09:55 AM
(12-05-2013 07:37 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(11-05-2013 06:14 PM)Vagas Wrote:  USER NAME: Years ago I adopted a Latin word, meaning vagrant, as my moniker, however when I first used it, I misspelled it. So... Vagas was meant to be Vagus, but I went with it and it stuck. I have used it for years now.

The Pleiades is an open star cluster (M45), not a constellation. Just sayin'. Drinking Beverage

Good point! Minor over-site on my part. Cheers!

“My view is that if your philosophy is not unsettled daily then you are blind to all the universe has to offer.”
― Neil deGrasse Tyson
14-05-2013, 12:13 PM
Why did you choose your avatar? It's me. At least the part of me who I show to the world. I have an abrasive exterior. An eff you attitude. And for the most part when I say eff you I truly mean it. Those who stay around, get to see the real me underneath the gruff exterior. I have trust issues.

Your username? It's a screen name I'm used since 2002 all over the internet. I came up with it when I was a Pagan and practiced Witchcraft. It's became such a part of my internet life that I keep using it.

Your custom title? Don't have one yet.

Your signature? D't have one yet.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Hi, I'll explain my story. bigcatlover2000 21 1,349 15-12-2011 03:49 PM
Last Post: bigcatlover2000