Explain Yourself

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 4.5 Average
29-10-2010, 01:25 AM
RE: Explain Yourself
(29-10-2010 01:22 AM)LeviTimes Wrote:  
(29-10-2010 01:19 AM)Juppers Wrote:  You speak Japanese, Levi?

Not perfectly, but conversationally yeah. Tongue I'm living in Japan, so at least enough to let me survive. Tongue

Great! Been trying to learn at least the basics of it, but I'm way too lazy, plus something tells me I'd never come to master the kanji writing anyway. I love the sound of it, though Big Grin

All learning is quite useless if you haven't learned to question what you learn.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
01-11-2010, 08:36 AM
I've pretty much changed everything in a couple of months, so:

Avatar: Changed the me-bread to a cool Jesusbusters logo that I found when someone with the same avatar in youtube replied to some message of mine.

Title: When one hears clatter, things falling down and breaking and strong coarsing, the one knows I'm home.

Signature: I don't want to be wrong, so by correcting me, one can prevent the possible spreading of false information. +A coarse shout below, commonly heard when I open some locker and the stuff falls on my ill toe.

Correct me when I'm wrong.
Accept me or go to hell.
Find all posts by this user
01-11-2010, 10:30 AM
Kikko Wrote:Title: When one hears clatter, things falling down and breaking and strong coarsing, the one knows I'm home.

I think the word you're looking for is "cursing", not "coarsing". If that's the case, the title should be "A curser".

"Sometimes it is better to light a flamethrower than to curse the darkness."
- Terry Pratchett
01-11-2010, 10:43 AM
(01-11-2010 10:30 AM)Unbeliever Wrote:  
Kikko Wrote:Title: When one hears clatter, things falling down and breaking and strong coarsing, the one knows I'm home.

I think the word you're looking for is "cursing", not "coarsing". If that's the case, the title should be "A curser".

O', thanks, I originally thought it was ''curse'', but because (for example) the message that south park starts with says ''contains coarse language'', I thought it was ''coarse''. So ''coarse'' must mean something like ''rude''.

Correct me when I'm wrong.
Accept me or go to hell.
01-11-2010, 01:31 PM
(01-11-2010 10:43 AM)Kikko Wrote:  O', thanks, I originally thought it was ''curse'', but because (for example) the message that south park starts with says ''contains coarse language'', I thought it was ''coarse''. So ''coarse'' must mean something like ''rude''.

Yeah, pretty much. "Coarse" can mean "rude" or "rough" depending on the context.

- Terry Pratchett
11-11-2010, 04:02 PM
So my avatar is officially Bill Nye now. I've had a lot of different avatars on the site, but no matter which one it was (as long as it wasn't a cartoon), someone at some point complimented me on the Bill Nye avatar. It wasn't Bill Nye. So... there you go.

- Terry Pratchett
11-11-2010, 05:22 PM

Username: I first encountered the word 'zenith' in a book by my favorite author, Sara Douglass. It was the name of one of my favorite characters and it kind of stuck with me. I found out shortly after it's also the name of the star directly above a place.

Avatar: It's from one of my favorite video games, Persona 4, but I also just like how it looks.

Oh, as for my title, my friend calls me an item whore because I go around collecting every last chest in video games. I'm not a hardcore perfectionist, but I love finding as many items as I can in games.
Quote this message in a reply
11-11-2010, 05:31 PM
(11-11-2010 05:22 PM)Zenith Wrote:  Oh, as for my title, my friend calls me an item whore because I go around collecting every last chest in video games. I'm not a hardcore perfectionist, but I love finding as many items as I can in games.

Greed is the ultimate motivator.

- Terry Pratchett
11-11-2010, 05:42 PM
(11-11-2010 04:02 PM)Unbeliever Wrote:  So my avatar is officially Bill Nye now. I've had a lot of different avatars on the site, but no matter which one it was (as long as it wasn't a cartoon), someone at some point complimented me on the Bill Nye avatar. It wasn't Bill Nye. So... there you go.

You change avatars so much that I get the impression that you are having either an identity crises or multiple-personality syndrome. Tongue
11-11-2010, 06:26 PM
(11-11-2010 05:42 PM)No J. Wrote:  
(11-11-2010 04:02 PM)Unbeliever Wrote:  So my avatar is officially Bill Nye now. I've had a lot of different avatars on the site, but no matter which one it was (as long as it wasn't a cartoon), someone at some point complimented me on the Bill Nye avatar. It wasn't Bill Nye. So... there you go.

You change avatars so much that I get the impression that you are having either an identity crises or multiple-personality syndrome. Tongue

Both.

- Terry Pratchett