Explain Yourself

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 4.5 Average
11-11-2010, 06:52 PM
RE: Explain Yourself
Username: Song by a band I listen to. I saw it fitting in the way it relates to my constant urge to explore and discover things.

Avatar: Carl Sagan, the most inspiring person I've ever known of. A true role model. Brilliant man.

Signature: My favorite Carl Sagan quote.

http://www.youtube.com/user/MindprowlerMusic
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
11-11-2010, 08:13 PM
Username - No J. = No jesus.
Avatar - Cool art piece of an alien playing guitar, like me, an outsider who plays guitar.
Signature - a quote from god. Be sure to interpret it correctly.
12-11-2010, 12:25 AM

(11-11-2010 08:13 PM)No J. Wrote:  Username - No J. = No jesus.
Avatar - Cool art piece of an alien playing guitar, like me, an outsider who plays guitar.

I started looking for a like button when I read your signature bit. Damn you facebook. Damn you I say!
Quote this message in a reply
12-11-2010, 08:23 AM
(12-11-2010 12:25 AM)Zenith Wrote:  

I started looking for a like button when I read your signature bit. Damn you facebook. Damn you I say!

There is a "rep" button if you go to his profile page.

"Haven't you got any romance in your soul?"
"No," said Granny. "I ain't. And stars don't care what you wish, and magic don't make things better, and no one doesn't get burnt who sticks their hand in a fire."

- Terry Pratchett, Witches Abroad
12-11-2010, 07:56 PM (This post was last modified: 12-11-2010 08:08 PM by No J..)
I had thougth about adding a signature ever since I joined the forum. Nothing I thought of grabbed me enough. Then when I added post#82 above, I decided to explain my lack of signature. That is when the light bulb turned on and the rest is a small note in history.
29-12-2010, 05:49 AM (This post was last modified: 27-01-2011 06:20 AM by Observer.)
Name: I like the status of being an observer on the sideline of life. Of course this is a eutohpy.

Avatar: 3D echo of my daughter in vitro.

Title: I came to understand the world so I can be a better dad for my children

Signature: I like one-liners (sorry :blushSmile.

Observer

Agnostic atheist
Secular humanist
Emotional rationalist
Disclaimer: Don’t mix the personal opinion above with the absolute and objective truth. Remember to think for yourself. Thank you.
29-12-2010, 06:51 AM

My user name speaks for itself.

As for my Avatar, its a piece of artwork I created a few years back, this being the orginal one.

[Image: UFO108.jpg]

sorry its so big

I like to think my signiture says a little about who I am as an individual.
23-01-2011, 09:26 AM

Name: Mohana means bewitching. I have a habit of changing spellings to make them my own. Although an Atheist, I practice witchcraft. Works for me!

Avatar: I am very much an activist for abused and abandoned dogs. I volunteer at my local animal shelter as a dog walker and run the volunteer dog walker program. I am also a consultant on a committee that is building a dog park in a nearby city. My aromatherapy (essential oils) practice is focused on dogs. I have three little four-legged children, one is an adoptee from the ASPCA.

Title: As described. Smile

Signature: If what you believe in or have faith in doesn't work for you... then it's time to reevaluate.
23-01-2011, 10:31 PM
Guess it's time for an update on mine:

Avatar: My business logo. (I am a rat breeder)

Title: ....well you get the idea.

Sig: Just something I came up with while I was talking to my wife. (She's one or the other. I haven't figured out which yet.)

You have just begun reading the sentence you have just finished reading.
23-01-2011, 11:06 PM

I added a signature since above statement. The signature is a more realistic rewrite of The Beatle's song "Let It Be."

When I find myself in times of trouble, Richard Dawkins comes to me, speaking words of reason, now I see, now I see.