Explain Yourself

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 4.5 Average
27-09-2012, 02:11 PM
RE: Explain Yourself
I have to update mine... that isn't me in my avatar. Tongue That is Kamina from Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann.

[Image: opforum1.png]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
27-09-2012, 02:38 PM
(27-09-2012 02:09 PM)Marco Krieger Wrote:  
(27-09-2012 01:53 PM)YankeeinParadise Wrote:  I doubt if anyone will read this but.... YankeeinParadise is my login name on everything I use on the web. I am originally from North Darmouth, Massachusetts but moved to Hawaii while I was in the Coast Guard.. (1967) ..After my service was complete I chose to live in Hawaii (Kauai 1977) ..and it is Paradise. But, another way of looking at it is this, ...This is Paradise here and now .... When Death comes and takes me by the hand (my visual interpretation) I don't think Grimmy will be walking me through any Pearly Gates ...cause that is one bullshit movie I won't buy a ticket into... My wife and daughter dropped their fairy tales beliefs when I shared with them the movie, "The God who wasn't there"... since then we tend to quietly roll our eyes when we hear religious nonsense on the radio. (We haven't watched t.v. since my daughter was three... and she's 25, ...so we are pretty far removed from the brainwashed media mind meld. Anyway, for that one person who may read this... "Dat's da scoops Brah" Big Grin

Why so pessimistic?
I resived a mail-message just a view minutes ago and i read your story.
Hawaii... some day i will come to see Hawaii.
I know it's a stereotyp, but i watched Magnum P.D and Hawaii five 0 and i loved it.
You are lucky person, i belief.

Well. I figure the thread has pages and pages of posts... So ...who's gonna read this one? Maybe the next person to post. looks like I was wrong. I am not really skilled in the world of forums.
I hope you visit Hawaii too. If you ever have any questions about where to go or what to see in the isles please let me know. I'd be happy to offer suggestions... depending on which island you choose to visit. The new 5-0 series is quite good. They really show off Oahu. ..and Yes, ...I feel very fortunate to live on Kauai. When I was a young kid (around 16) I would come home from school and lay in front of the tv and watch "Adventures in Paradise." I dreamed of living in the South Pacific. I joined the Coast Guard and after 2 years I made the choice to move to Hawaii... I got out and stayed here. I am from the East Coast where people are born there and STAY there all their lives. Back then the idea of leaving was considered crazy. But I never looked back. There are times when you struggle to survive here in Hawaii because everything is expensive...but if you have a good heart the islands will embrace you in and find a way to let you live. However, many people come here and think money will allow them to change things or cheating and stealing will allow them to stay.. eventually they pack up and leave. Hawaii is truly a place of Aloha...and it keeps us all together. Aloha Marco! Hope to hear from you again. Yes

"There is no God, but Dog" ...Bowing
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like YankeeinParadise's post
27-09-2012, 02:57 PM
(27-09-2012 02:38 PM)YankeeinParadise Wrote:  
(27-09-2012 02:09 PM)Marco Krieger Wrote:  Why so pessimistic?
I know it's a stereotyp, but i watched Magnum P.D and Hawaii five 0 and i loved it.

Well. I figure the thread has pages and pages of posts... So ...who's gonna read this one? Maybe the next person to post. looks like I was wrong. I am not really skilled in the world of forums.
I hope you visit Hawaii too. If you ever have any questions about where to go or what to see in the isles please let me know. I'd be happy to offer suggestions... depending on which island you choose to visit. The new 5-0 series is quite good. They really show off Oahu. ..and Yes, ...I feel very fortunate to live on Kauai. When I was a young kid (around 16) I would come home from school and lay in front of the tv and watch "Adventures in Paradise." I dreamed of living in the South Pacific. I joined the Coast Guard and after 2 years I made the choice to move to Hawaii... I got out and stayed here. I am from the East Coast where people are born there and STAY there all their lives. Back then the idea of leaving was considered crazy. But I never looked back. There are times when you struggle to survive here in Hawaii because everything is expensive...but if you have a good heart the islands will embrace you in and find a way to let you live. However, many people come here and think money will allow them to change things or cheating and stealing will allow them to stay.. eventually they pack up and leave. Hawaii is truly a place of Aloha...and it keeps us all together. Aloha Marco! Hope to hear from you again. Yes

Thank you for your warm words of welcome.
Since i spend my time her on TTA i learned that in america is it quiet common to leave your birth-place for work and education. That's differnd here in germany.
It's a small country and most of the people stay there whole live on there birth-places.
Ok, we are world-champions in traveling, but there is no place like home, you know?
So, if i ever visit Hawaii, i will recall your generous offer, to ask a view question about your place.
Aloha YankeeinParadise!

If atheism is a religion, then not playing football is an Olympic discipline.
[+] 1 user Likes Marco Krieger's post
02-10-2012, 01:37 PM
I use the name, Paralabagne, because he is one of my favorite literary characters and an unforgetable creation of the late great author, Robertson Davies.
18-10-2012, 05:41 PM (This post was last modified: 18-10-2012 05:47 PM by Dark Light.)
Username: About seven or eight years ago I was LANing the original Call of Duty at tech school and listening to some music from a playlist. One song ("War?") by SOAD played which contains the lyrics "Dark is the Light..." It is about wars inspired by religion. Immediately after that was "Rio Bravo" by CKY which start "I've seen it done like the way the dogs do", but what I heard was "I've the the Dark Light, the way that dogs do", after that I was Dark Light Laugh out load

My avatar will probably change often but right now it I just starting doodling in MS Paint, made a shape, then copied it, looked liked to eyes so I made it into a face.

18-10-2012, 06:23 PM (This post was last modified: 09-03-2013 04:40 PM by Vosur.)
'Guess it's time for an update.

Username: Spontaneous invention.

Avatar: Paul-Henri Thiry, Baron d'Holbach

Title: -

Signature: A .gif made from an excerpt of the following video.

[Image: IcJnQOT.gif]
20-10-2012, 04:40 PM
(27-09-2012 02:38 PM)YankeeinParadise Wrote:  
(27-09-2012 02:09 PM)Marco Krieger Wrote:  Why so pessimistic?

I heard it is the most racist place on earth. Which is ironic considering all the different racial backgrounds there. Especially racist to haole's.
14-11-2012, 09:18 PM
My username just refers to Blood Moon in Italian. I am sure not the proper way to say it but I was bored and wanted to create a new username. My avatar is just Sailor Venus. I am a bit of an anime nerd, especially into Sailor Moon. I have yet to think of a signature yet.
[+] 1 user Likes SanguaLuna's post
08-12-2012, 07:25 PM
Re: Explain Yourself
Name is a reference to Groo the Wanderer, a comic book I loved when I was a kid. Avatar is a QR code with an atheistic message.
08-12-2012, 07:53 PM
(08-12-2012 07:25 PM)groo79 Wrote:  Name is a reference to Groo the Wanderer, a comic book I loved when I was a kid. Avatar is a QR code with an atheistic message.
For anyone who doesn't have a smart phone to scan QR codes, it says "There is no God, only your imagination."

[Image: IcJnQOT.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Vosur's post