Explain Yourself

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 4.5 Average
18-12-2012, 03:44 PM
RE: Explain Yourself
(18-12-2012 03:36 PM)cufflink Wrote:  Nope, not a chestnut. A durian!

"Regarded by many people in southeast Asia as the 'king of fruits', the durian is distinctive for its large size, stomach-churning odour, and formidable thorn-covered husk. . . .The edible flesh emits a distinctive odour that is strong and penetrating even when the husk is intact. Some people regard the durian as pleasantly fragrant; others find the aroma overpowering and revolting. The smell evokes reactions from deep appreciation to intense disgust, and has been described variously as almonds, rotten onions, turpentine, and gym socks. The odour has led to the fruit's banishment from certain hotels and public transportation in southeast Asia."

But it is delicious! Smile (Right, DLJ?)
Man, I knew I had seen it before!

I guess it's better not to ask why you chose a durian for your avatar then Cool

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderò."
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
18-12-2012, 03:58 PM
(18-12-2012 03:44 PM)Vera Wrote:  I guess it's better not to ask why you chose a durian for your avatar then Cool

Well . . .

First, I really, truly do love durian. (I spent two years in Malaysia and virtually became addicted.)

And second, it is, after all, the King of Fruits.

Big Grin

Religious disputes are like arguments in a madhouse over which inmate really is Napoleon.
[+] 1 user Likes cufflink's post
21-12-2012, 11:05 PM
(18-12-2012 03:58 PM)cufflink Wrote:  
(18-12-2012 03:44 PM)Vera Wrote:  I guess it's better not to ask why you chose a durian for your avatar then Cool

Well . . .

First, I really, truly do love durian. (I spent two years in Malaysia and virtually became addicted.)

And second, it is, after all, the King of Fruits.

Big Grin
Your avatar stands out because it was the very first one to catch my eye/interest when I first joined this cesspool of heathens.

And no, durian is not the king of anything other than smelling like a wad of 100 year old gym socks that has been soaking in whale semen.

“We are all connected; To each other, biologically. To the earth, chemically. To the rest of the universe atomically.”

-Neil deGrasse Tyson
22-12-2012, 03:21 AM
(21-12-2012 11:05 PM)NoahsFarce Wrote:  And no, durian is not the king of anything other than smelling like a wad of 100 year old gym socks that has been soaking in whale semen.
You have some strange tastes Shocking
06-01-2013, 09:25 PM
Username-It's a double meaning, and I thought it was funny

Signature-Because it's true

I've got 2 tulpas, Taunav and Eris. If you don't know what a tulpa is, read this.
http://community.tulpa.info/thread-kiahd...-to-tulpas
If Taunav has anything to say, he'll be speaking in []
If Eris has anything to say, she'll be speaking in {}
If you think I'm insane, I don't care
[+] 1 user Likes My proboscis sucks's post
03-02-2013, 02:55 PM
Update:

Avatar: LIL BUB!!!!!!!! Big Grin

Title: I have been and shall remain a cat slave.

Sig: An adage that rings particularly true.

[Image: giphy.gif]
09-03-2013, 04:14 PM
Username; Kurangu is a Tamil word meaning ''a monkey''
Chosen because of my love for Tamil language and culture (am not Tamil though, but I'm quite a monkey at times..)

Avatar; a Bharatanatyam dancer, also Tamil
Chosen because I am a dance fanatic, dance been a important part of me for over a decade - and nowadays I occasionally teach Bhangra. Smile

“A gentleman is one who never hurts anyone's feelings intentionally.”
- Oscar Wilde
29-03-2013, 06:59 PM
Matthew West because it is not my real name, and because it is not as generic as John Jones. I like the irony that it turns out to be the real name of a Christian Contemporary artist, but I'm not him.
03-04-2013, 01:32 PM
Name: Really?

Avatar: A picture I took while in Egypt.

Title: Embodies freedom

Signature: Line 1: From a comic I saw as a child but did not understand till many years later.
Line 2: Life can suck, so get a helmet, and RTFM.

- Curb your dogma
- "If you are looking for sympathy, you can find it between shit and syphilis in the dictionary." - David Sedaris
03-04-2013, 02:11 PM
Username: I'm a nature lover., and hobbyist birdwatcher and ornithologist. I have a love for ravens in particular (don't ask) and I picked up a book called 'The Mind of the Raven' by Bernd Heinrich several years ago and have read it twice. Love it. It's subtitled 'Adventures and investigations with wolf birds.'

Avatar: cover art of the album 'L'enfant Sauvage' by the French metal band Gojira. Love the band, that album, and they blew my mind live.

Title: a line from the song 'Liquid Fire' from the album in the above section.

Signature: I just love music, have a last.fm, and found this script that generates that banner. Click it and it refreshes.