Explain Yourself

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 4.5 Average
18-08-2010, 09:17 AM (This post was last modified: 05-09-2010 03:44 PM by ebilekittae.)
RE: Explain Yourself
USERNAME: Kind of long story? Levi is my middle name and the name I started using after ascending to college. =P But more importantly, it was my favourite name when I was a child (especially because I erroneously believed it was short for "Leviathan"). My name is Kenneth Levi Tims. If you take off the Kenneth, you get Levi Tims. The very first story I ever wrote when I was a kid was a play on this (and I thought I was clever) for the main character's name: Levi Times (who was, incidentally, a time traveller. I was a third-grader =P). This character stuck with me into my teens and eventually became my regular username on the tubes.

TITLE: The name of a semi-failed YouTube channel of mine. I'm planning on making at least two more videos for it, making the grand total 4. =P

SIGNATURE: Just a random quote I liked. =D

"It does feel like something to be wrong; it feels like being right." -Kathryn Schulz
I am 100% certain that I am wrong about something I am certain about right now. Because even if everything I stand for turns out to be completely true, I was still wrong about being wrong.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
18-08-2010, 09:40 AM
I like the idea of this thread, and since all my profile stuff has changed, I'll chime in again.

Pic: A couple of eggs that my hens laid. The picture doesn't even do justice to how huge the big one is.

Title: After watching the video TheSixthGlass posted recently, I've been trying to think about atheism in a more positive wecoming light. There's lots of Great things about atheism/skeptisism/free thinking. We are chock full o' goodness!

Signature: A line from the song "Cattle and the Creeping Things" by Carbon Leaf.

[Image: StarkLord01.gif]
Find all posts by this user
18-08-2010, 11:24 AM
Username: My actual name is Mikko, but since fifth grade people outside my family have called me Kikko. 3 years later I found soy sauce named kikkoman, and believe me, it tastes horrible...

Title: Finnish for ''a scientifical sceptic''. The reason I didnt write it in english is that I like the word meaning science so much. Tieto=Knowledge, Tiede=Knowledgement and also: Tiede=Science.

Signature: Probably the only wise thing Martti Luther ever said.

Correct me when I'm wrong.
Accept me or go to hell.
18-08-2010, 12:45 PM

USERNAME: I use it on every site and it's less work trying to remember a billion different ones!

AVATAR: It's a picture of Taylor Momsen. I like her music and I'm getting my hair like hers. How deep and meaningful! Though I think it individulises me from the general majorety of people who'd be on this site. Big Grin

TITLE: Rock-And-Roll because...i like rock music and music is a big influence on my life...Atheist because i wanted life to be a TOUCH deeper!

SIGNATURE: Lyrics from The Pretty Reckless' "My Medicine" ...because i like it and im unoriganal.

try and keep a running theme between my Sig, Avatar and Titles and, well, I was tired and had the same band stuck in my head when i was making my account...i usually change my entire theme when i get sick and tired of my current one. Next time i'm thinking...South Park? because they're sooo deep! haha x
Quote this message in a reply
19-08-2010, 11:07 AM

Username- "Truth Addict" is a lyric from the Rage Against the Machine song Vietnow. It more refers to political truth then religious truth, but you can say I am "addicted" to the actuality and not superstition or political propganda

Avatar - Spock.... Vulcans are the ideal beings of logic and reason

Title- Heretic.... I am an atheist, and thus a heretic and must be burned at the stake according to the religious texts of many major religions

Signature- God is the leading cause of death.... This is a quote from George Carlin. It could be interpreted as deaths due to religious violence and oppression, or the fact that if God is responsible for everything, he would be the sole cause of death.
19-08-2010, 11:11 AM
I'm inexplicable. I'm a riddle, wrapped in a mystery, inside an enigma with a side of potato salad.

Sorry, can't help, except to say that BnW has nothing to do with my name, initials, etc.

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
19-08-2010, 11:40 AM
Username - William Lawrence (Larry) Lay = wllay, I know boring and can't change it. Oh well...

Avatar - thought it was funny, plus I'm a Redskin fan, so...

Title - self explanatory

Signature - anonymous quote from online, thought it was also funny

Atheism is a non-prophet organization.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
19-08-2010, 09:47 PM
(19-08-2010 11:40 AM)wllay Wrote:  Username - William Lawrence (Larry) Lay = wllay, I know boring and can't change it. Oh well...

Avatar - thought it was funny, plus I'm a Redskin fan, so...

Title - self explanatory

Signature - anonymous quote from online, thought it was also funny

Best signature I've seen yet. Love it.

[Image: StarkLord01.gif]
20-08-2010, 09:40 AM

It is a George Carlin quote.
21-08-2010, 03:15 AM