Explain the "furry" thing to me

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-03-2014, 09:22 AM
RE: Explain the "furry" thing to me
(23-03-2014 08:06 AM)Bows and Arrows Wrote:  Maybe it's my age, maybe it's cuz my mom was a meanie and didn't allow me to go out in public dressed as a stuffed animal, maybe I am just clueless, but I am hoping someone here can explain it to me.

It's a sexual thing.

Give me your argument in the form of a published paper, and then we can start to talk.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
23-03-2014, 09:36 AM
(23-03-2014 08:51 AM)ghostexorcist Wrote:  

What the fuck did I just watch.

Official ordained minister of the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster. Please pm me with prayer requests to his noodly goodness. Remember, he boiled for your sins and loves you. Carbo Diem! RAmen.
[+] 1 user Likes Logisch's post
23-03-2014, 09:43 AM
(23-03-2014 08:29 AM)Bows and Arrows Wrote:  Here's on of the pics with my kids

[Image: 13353851793_cf1f337e68.jpg]

Wow, pretty intricate costumes. They must put time and money into that.

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
23-03-2014, 10:26 AM
(23-03-2014 09:04 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(23-03-2014 08:09 AM)evenheathen Wrote:  Drinking Beverage

Consider

Huh

Unsure

No

[Image: angry-old-man-smiley-emoticon.gif]

Lol at that last emoticon.
I vote we implement it immediately and make the bbcode for it be :Chas:

I assume they get out of it the same as what other people get out of their hobbies, fun and enjoyment.
They gather up dressed as stuffed toys, socialize and have fun.
I don't see how this differs from some card club or some weekend sports team where people get together and have fun.

It might seem weird as hell to us but it's not harming anyone and they have fun doing it so who are we to judge?

This is water.

Oh yeah . I was just playin'.

I get it. Well I don't, but I do. I'm not here trying to judge anyone for having some fun. I'm actually a little jealous. Blush

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
23-03-2014, 10:32 AM
(23-03-2014 09:43 AM)Dom Wrote:  
(23-03-2014 08:29 AM)Bows and Arrows Wrote:  Here's on of the pics with my kids

[Image: 13353851793_cf1f337e68.jpg]

Wow, pretty intricate costumes. They must put time and money into that.

I was told they are custom measurements, some have LED lights for eyes and other decoration, some have fans built in, one I walked past had music playing from little speakers all over it, tails and eyes linked to different controls. I guess there were vendors there too that custom make these, the guy I talked to said they start about $4000. The creativity of some we saw was just amazing.

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
23-03-2014, 10:35 AM (This post was last modified: 23-03-2014 10:38 AM by Bows and Arrows.)
And most in costume didn't speak, but communicated with body language, the kids had a ball meeting them just walking thru the lobby. It was fun. Just not something we experience everyday, so we had questions.

[Image: 13353704065_07acb6dbfb.jpg]

[Image: 13353856993_b9ff0382d8.jpg]

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
[+] 1 user Likes Bows and Arrows's post
23-03-2014, 04:07 PM
(23-03-2014 10:35 AM)Bows and Arrows Wrote:  And most in costume didn't speak, but communicated with body language, the kids had a ball meeting them just walking thru the lobby. It was fun. Just not something we experience everyday, so we had questions.

Well, my 19 year old daughter says there's a crazy web site devoted to hooking up with other furry people and getting together and having sex..... in the damn costumes! It's like furry S & M or something. Or they have private video sex if they can't get physically together. I don't know if my daughter really knows this for sure but the world is full of diversity so I wouldn't doubt some of it is true.

Shakespeare Insult 13 – Henry IV Part 1
“That trunk of humours, that bolting-hutch of beastliness, that swollen parcel of dropsies, that huge bombard of sack, that stuffed cloak-bag of guts, that reverend vice, that grey Iniquity, that father ruffian, that vanity in years?”
23-03-2014, 04:10 PM
(23-03-2014 04:07 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  
(23-03-2014 10:35 AM)Bows and Arrows Wrote:  And most in costume didn't speak, but communicated with body language, the kids had a ball meeting them just walking thru the lobby. It was fun. Just not something we experience everyday, so we had questions.

Well, my 19 year old daughter says there's a crazy web site devoted to hooking up with other furry people and getting together and having sex..... in the damn costumes! It's like furry S & M or something. Or they have private video sex if they can't get physically together. I don't know if my daughter really knows this for sure but the world is full of diversity so I wouldn't doubt some of it is true.

We call that rule 34 on the internet.

Official ordained minister of the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster. Please pm me with prayer requests to his noodly goodness. Remember, he boiled for your sins and loves you. Carbo Diem! RAmen.
23-03-2014, 05:13 PM
(23-03-2014 09:04 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  Lol at that last emoticon.
I vote we implement it immediately and make the bbcode for it be :Chas:

The :muffsie: Crickets

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
23-03-2014, 05:58 PM
No, just no. I don't wanna know. No

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post