RE: Explain the "furry" thing to me
(23-03-2014 05:58 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  No, just no. I don't wanna know. No

[Image: 9f6.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes ELK12695's post
23-03-2014, 06:04 PM
I had a friend in college who was a furry. And yes, lots and lots of time (and money, fur fabric sure as hell isn't cheap) goes into the costumes. He never made the full outfit in the time I knew him but he had made a set of paw that he handcrafted the claws for. And he always wore a wolf tail. God, I remember one time he texted me at three o'clock in the morning because he accidentally put it in a washing machine while he was washing/dying fur for the paws and "needed" me to sew it because it was part of his identity. I was tired enough when I read the text that I somehow thought I was picking him up to take him to McDonalds to get ice cream. That's what I heard and I was like, "what the hell, I feel like ice cream instead of sleeping anyways." Sorely disappointed.

But from what I can understand, what a furry is kind of differs from person to person. Some furries are attracted to "furry" creatures (y'know those sexualized humanized animals) while other feel that they are more like the animal or that animals are more relate-able and others are both. Like most of those furries that are in those suits are wearing their furry persona, or the character that they created that either they feel they are or that they're close to.There's also other kinds of furries. Like the ones that like reptiles are called "scalies" and...idk who else there is. Honestly I could be grossly wrong. All I know is that I got called at three o'clock to fix a damn tail and that the furries of the Sonic fandom make me not be able to look that blue hedgehog in his beady little eyes.

[Image: notagain.gif]
23-03-2014, 06:07 PM
(23-03-2014 06:04 PM)Miss Suzanne Wrote:  All I know is that I got called at three o'clock to fix a damn tail and that the furries of the Sonic fandom make me not be able to look that blue hedgehog in his beady little eyes.

Oh my, Suzanne, you haven't seen this one, have you? http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...-I-ve-read

[Image: 9f6.gif]
23-03-2014, 06:08 PM
I feel so naive! I had no idea there was such a thing!!

A little rudeness and disrespect can elevate a meaningless interaction to a battle of wills and add drama to an otherwise dull day - Bill Watterson
23-03-2014, 06:11 PM
Meh, not my cup of tea but what two consenting adults do is fine by me!

Onward, my faithful steed!
[Image: ezgif-save_zps4d93a674.gif?t=1395781443]
23-03-2014, 06:21 PM
(23-03-2014 06:07 PM)ELK12695 Wrote:  
(23-03-2014 06:04 PM)Miss Suzanne Wrote:  All I know is that I got called at three o'clock to fix a damn tail and that the furries of the Sonic fandom make me not be able to look that blue hedgehog in his beady little eyes.

Oh my, Suzanne, you haven't seen this one, have you? http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...-I-ve-read
Oh god this sort of shit!! I will admit the fire, smooth voice and the illustrations (oddly enough) does help but oh god ooo goooood

[Image: notagain.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Miss Suzanne's post
23-03-2014, 06:32 PM
Actually, from what I can tell, furry'ism' doesn't necessarily require fetishism. It's similar to bronyism insofar that people often associate it with sexual deviancy because of the minority who actually consider it a fetish. I believe it's just people who like anthropomorphic interpretations of non-sapient animals, or who want to be non-sapient animals like cats or dogs. People certainly think of bronies and furries as similar, and not in a flattering way, either:

[Image: Furries+vs.+Bronies.+I+know+im+gonna+get...44627.jpeg]

[Image: ezgif_save_1.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes TSG's post
23-03-2014, 10:37 PM
(23-03-2014 05:13 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(23-03-2014 09:04 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  Lol at that last emoticon.
I vote we implement it immediately and make the bbcode for it be :Chas:

The :muffsie: Crickets

Actually that's the :cricket:...

This would be the :muffs:
[Image: awesome-face-219x219.jpg]

If there was an emoticon about being wrong and butt-hurt over one's wrongness I'm sure that would also make a fine candidate for the :chas:

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Now with 40% more awesome.
24-03-2014, 01:02 AM
(23-03-2014 10:37 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(23-03-2014 05:13 PM)Chas Wrote:  The :muffsie: Crickets

Actually that's the :cricket:...

If there was an emoticon about being wrong and butt-hurt over one's wrongness I'm sure that would also make a fine candidate for the :chas:

Let's see. I'm not the one turning something into a vendetta, so I'm not the one who is butt hurt.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
24-03-2014, 03:15 AM
(24-03-2014 01:02 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(23-03-2014 10:37 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  Actually that's the :cricket:...

Let's see. I'm not the one turning something into a vendetta, so I'm not the one who is butt hurt.

It's not a vendetta, it's positive reinforcement.

You've yet to acknowledge that finally understand where you went wrong in understanding a simple sentence and I'm just ensuring that the point got across as to avoid future senior moments. One could compare me a knight in shiny armor coming to save the day. "There there pops, we're almost to the other side"

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Now with 40% more awesome.