Explaining the 'Feels'

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-05-2015, 12:59 PM
Explaining the 'Feels'
There might not be anything more annoying or frustrating than a Christian resorting to "I feel the holy ghost/Jesus/God inside me", as their proof. Quite frankly it makes me want to bitch slap them for being so childish...

...but since I can't, give me your best response to their "feels" claim.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
28-05-2015, 01:02 PM
RE: Explaining the 'Feels'
(28-05-2015 12:59 PM)Fodder_From_The_Truth Wrote:  There might not be anything more annoying or frustrating than a Christian resorting to "I feel the holy ghost/Jesus/God inside me", as their proof. Quite frankly it makes me want to bitch slap them for being so childish...

...but since I can't, give me your best response to their "feels" claim.

Get a restraining order Tongue
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
28-05-2015, 01:02 PM
Other people feel other things and claim equal, if not greater conviction.

My wife has made this claim to me, and wishes she could "show" me. I told her that I used to feel the same thing, and I still do, but I realized it's not God. I'll get that same feeling from non-religious things, including atheism. She then told me that her feeling is stronger. How she can possibly assert that, I do not know.
28-05-2015, 01:06 PM
"Do you feel the holy ghost as much as you feel this?"

*punch in the face*
28-05-2015, 01:08 PM
(28-05-2015 01:02 PM)RobbyPants Wrote:  Other people feel other things and claim equal, if not greater conviction.

Yabut, they're not true believers, because reasons.
Yes

I mean, if I can't use my own personal feels to instantly dismiss everyone else's, what's the point in having them?

... this is my signature!
[+] 3 users Like cjlr's post
28-05-2015, 01:11 PM
Hindus "feel" the Supreme Soul of themselves through Shiva. So this must mean the god Shiva is real.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
28-05-2015, 01:12 PM
(28-05-2015 01:02 PM)RobbyPants Wrote:  Other people feel other things and claim equal, if not greater conviction.

My wife has made this claim to me, and wishes she could "show" me. I told her that I used to feel the same thing, and I still do, but I realized it's not God. I'll get that same feeling from non-religious things, including atheism. She then told me that her feeling is stronger. How she can possibly assert that, I do not know.

Did you ask her how she could assert that?

This idea of feeling "it" inside is fascinating and infuriating. In the time I tried to be Christian and asked Jesus to dwell within me (man Jesus is a perv), I got a few of the feels, but I always felt like such a doosher cause I knew I created those feelings by wanting them to exist and endorphins did the rest.
28-05-2015, 01:13 PM
It seems that's their last resort argument. Once their other claims are shown to be false, you can't disprove their feelings.
Bowing Chub for jeebus! Hallelujah! Bowing
28-05-2015, 01:16 PM
(28-05-2015 01:08 PM)cjlr Wrote:  

Yabut, they're not true believers, because reasons.
Yes

I mean, if I can't use my own personal feels to instantly dismiss everyone else's, what's the point in having them?

It's gonna be hard to top this reply.
28-05-2015, 01:17 PM
I usually say -- "It's not the holy spirit you feel --- it's those burritos you had for lunch trying to get out...."

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.