Explanation for electrical sensation during "healing" meeting

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-02-2013, 06:54 PM
RE: Explanation for electrical sensation during "healing" meeting
(13-02-2013 06:10 PM)Luminon Wrote:  
(13-02-2013 05:31 PM)Foxcanine1 Wrote:  Meh, it only involves a bunch of weird experiences I had with things I thought were supernatural but I decided later on that they were all in my mind. You know, the boring stuff.
Right, let's see it, sounds good to me! I'd like to see what your standard of evidence is, how do you tell if something is from your mind or not. Don't worry about seeming unusual, some people here have been here and there and have done it all.
In any case, I hold the supernatural record here Smile

And btw, that's a nice fox! My favorite animal. Such looks of fierce curiosity with a beautiful red coat pattern, the bushy tail... Cats and dogs seem ordinary, compared to that. I hope now that Russians domestified them, the free market capitalism will work its magic and the genetically tame fox will become an affordable pet.
Thanks. One of the reasons I picked this name too. They seem to have a reputation as being curious so it seemed like a fit since that's how I wan't to live. I love dogs too so it makes it that much better.

Might have to reveal your record breaker sometime huh?

Just an outsider looking inn.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Foxcanine1's post
16-02-2013, 08:14 AM
(13-02-2013 05:03 PM)Foxcanine1 Wrote:  
(20-12-2012 07:27 PM)Flowergurl Wrote:  Hi all,
I don't know if you get a lot of people who are on the brink of leaving Christianity after doing some research and... honestly, just thinking logically about life and the world. Even recent events such as the shooting and seeing Christians' responses just made me feel ill.
Anyway, there has been one thing that is keeping me held on to my belief in God, Jesus, and the Holy Spirit. And that is, a few years back, I was at a church service and went up to have hands laid on me. When the preacher laid his hands on my head, I literally felt AND heard electrical surges going through my ears. It also felt very warm.
I know, please don't think I'm crazy. I am here to seek some actual answers on this. Because I am on the brink of becoming an agnostic atheist myself. OMG. I said it. For the first time in my life. How about that?
I perceived this to be the power of God. Later on, sometimes that piece of evidence was the only thing that held my faith together.
I just don't know what it could have been. I was fully awake and aware so it was certainly not sleep paralysis or hallucinations. I remember being like, wow this is crazy.
The only thing I can think of is the preacher, and other preachers, carry some sort of current on their hands? I just don't know what else it could've been aside from that.
I also have other Christians telling me that they feel this strong force push them backwards. This has never happened to me and I always wondered about it.
Any insights will be most helpful. I want to nip this thing in the butt! Confused
Looks like I'm 3 steps behind the curb. I was going to say something potentially ( dare I say ) profound but it seems that everyone else pretty much beat me to it. At any rate good luck with this journey, wherever it takes you. Hopefully you know that there are plenty here ( including myself ) who you can talk to. Smile

Friede
Thank you very much!
16-02-2013, 08:18 AM
(13-02-2013 06:48 PM)StorMFront Wrote:  
(13-02-2013 06:34 PM)Foxcanine1 Wrote:  Okay okay I'll talk about them.

The first experience or rather experiences I had was when I was in the 8th grade. I was going to a home school/public school thing and there was a girl in the class who I learned that her parents practiced witchcraft. Mind you that I was a christian from a fundamental christian family so I thought this was a devil thing. Funny thing was all that was needed was a pentagram bumper sticker, her evidence for her parents belief and I believed that the devil was near. Nothing happened until nightfall when I went to bed. I had a habit of listening to my local christian radio station and tonight was no different. I was a little shaken by the sticker but figured I would be okay. First, instead of the usual songs the station had the sound of growling dogs, like Rottweilers. Definitely not something to go to sleep by. I turned the radio off and that's when it really got weird. I can only say that it sounded like demons whispering in my room. I couldn't get them out of my room, no prayer, or bible or anything. Finally I had no choice but to leave. When I left the room they stopped.

The next time that a weird thing happened was after the first but I don't remember how old I was. I had gotten up toward the middle of the night to use the restroom. When I was heading back standing in my way was a man. Looked like someone from the mid 1800's. I remember him as being a greenish color and he was transparent. Just stood there for a second then vanished. What really threw me off was that the house was built by my dad and I didn't know of any cemeteries nearby.

Finally the last experience, or more of a sensation really, was the day that I thought that I had betrayed god. I felt as if the entirety of darkness and collapsed on to my soul. I remember weeping ( oddly it was the same room) for god to forgive me but I felt cold, heavy and empty. That was probably the worst event because it caused me to be paranoid with fear for the longest time. Took an agnostic to finally help me to climb out by telling me about how the bible came to be. Still climbing but much fairer than before.

I've learned that the mind is a powerful thing. When coerced the right way it can cause you to experience things that seem to be too real to think otherwise. It would have been near impossible to get someone to convince me that those demons weren't really demons or that the ghost wasn't really a ghost. Actually, a camp teacher tried to do just that with the ghost which confused me at the time but I think he believed that no soul became a ghost. Anyway. rant aside allowing a single experience to define your belief understates what we really need to see. That reality when looked at properly is so much better.

Damn you forced my rant. Don't say that I didn't try to avoid this. Smile
The mind is a powerful, its not a rant. People experience things, its just that you should jump to conclusions. Its like people that see UFOs, the vast majority see it and then say it must be aliens. Neglecting the fact that its Unidentified object.

Thanks for the response though, Ive seen/heard weird crap too. Just dont jump to conclusions.
So, what would be the explanation for what was seen? I understand the power of the mind... but can it really make something like that up? That is so odd. Maybe it was some other energy phenomenon?
16-02-2013, 10:05 AM
(16-02-2013 08:18 AM)Flowergurl Wrote:  
(13-02-2013 06:48 PM)StorMFront Wrote:  The mind is a powerful, its not a rant. People experience things, its just that you should jump to conclusions. Its like people that see UFOs, the vast majority see it and then say it must be aliens. Neglecting the fact that its Unidentified object.

Thanks for the response though, Ive seen/heard weird crap too. Just dont jump to conclusions.
So, what would be the explanation for what was seen? I understand the power of the mind... but can it really make something like that up? That is so odd. Maybe it was some other energy phenomenon?
It kinda depends. Since I think your referring to Storms UFO point, I'll only say that in some cases it might be the mind playing tricks in others it might be some astronomical event or physics event. To me though unless something has the capability of being verified, even things that are my own experiences, then it loses legitimacy and I don't hold it to the same degree of seriousness.

Just an outsider looking inn.
[+] 1 user Likes Foxcanine1's post
16-02-2013, 10:21 AM
(16-02-2013 08:18 AM)Flowergurl Wrote:  
(13-02-2013 06:48 PM)StorMFront Wrote:  The mind is a powerful, its not a rant. People experience things, its just that you should jump to conclusions. Its like people that see UFOs, the vast majority see it and then say it must be aliens. Neglecting the fact that its Unidentified object.

The mind can make people hallucinate when under abnormal conditions(lack of sleep, emotional, dehydration, drugs etc.). We know so little about our own brains, but I would say it had to do with how your neurons are firing.

Does it need to be explained?
There are things we cant explain, but I will not assert an answer to the unknown. As an atheist (skeptic), is being able to realize this, and being willing to say "I dont know".

Arguing with a Christian is a lot like playing chess with a pigeon. You can be the greatest player in the world, yet the pigeon will knock over all the pieces, shit on the board and strut away triumphantly.
[+] 1 user Likes StorMFront's post
16-02-2013, 04:48 PM
(12-02-2013 08:07 AM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  
Quote:What exactly is it that a Jew who allegedly died about 2000 years ago did for me?
Your question is rhetorical but I'll go ahead:
When I think of the SALVATION Army, and the Red CROSS, and HARVARD and YALE, and ABOLITIONISTS and SUFFRAGETTES, and DO UNTO OTHERS, and LIMITED GOVERNMENT, and FAMILY, and MARRIAGE, and words in our lexicon like TOLERANCE and LOVE and PEACE, and the contrasts with the third world and their pagan, mindless religion and endless wheel of suffering and 100 other things, I'm grateful. Here's a book I've never read but you should: http://www.amazon.com/WHAT-JESUS-NEVER-B...0849920795
It is funny because the majority of the third world consists of Christians and Muslims with both worshiping the same god.

[Image: Untitled-2.png?_subject_uid=322943157&am...Y7Dzq4lJog]
16-02-2013, 10:29 PM
(16-02-2013 10:21 AM)StorMFront Wrote:  
(16-02-2013 08:18 AM)Flowergurl Wrote:  So, what would be the explanation for what was seen? I understand the power of the mind... but can it really make something like that up? That is so odd. Maybe it was some other energy phenomenon?
The mind can make people hallucinate when under abnormal conditions(lack of sleep, emotional, dehydration, drugs etc.). We know so little about our own brains, but I would say it had to do with how your neurons are firing.

Does it need to be explained?
There are things we cant explain, but I will not assert an answer to the unknown. As an atheist (skeptic), is being able to realize this, and being willing to say "I dont know".
This is true.
17-02-2013, 09:20 AM (This post was last modified: 17-02-2013 09:24 AM by Luminon.)
(13-02-2013 06:54 PM)Foxcanine1 Wrote:  Thanks. One of the reasons I picked this name too. They seem to have a reputation as being curious so it seemed like a fit since that's how I wan't to live. I love dogs too so it makes it that much better.

Maybe through the private message, if you wish. It doesn't make much sense, so better share privately than to let the bored public make their guesses and free interpretations.

(16-02-2013 10:05 AM)Foxcanine1 Wrote:  It kinda depends. Since I think your referring to Storms UFO point, I'll only say that in some cases it might be the mind playing tricks in others it might be some astronomical event or physics event. To me though unless something has the capability of being verified, even things that are my own experiences, then it loses legitimacy and I don't hold it to the same degree of seriousness.
I know of a man who says that he knows what UFOs are. He is a scientist and he does not say who made them or who rides within. He just understands their technical principle.
This man, Mehran Keshe holds patents on technologies based on the link between magnetism and gravity. A gravitational engine is basically a reactor. The reactor creates a plasma within, with magnetic field. Multiple chunks of plasma with their own magnetic field interacting together create a gravitational field. This field is like an inflated balloon under water, it creates a "buoyancy" within the gravity field of Earth, Sun, or any other object with its own field, that the system is tuned in to have a "buoyancy" towards. (if I understand it correctly) The field reaches outside of the reactor and it interacts with magnetic field of Earth, creating a glowing light in the process.

Hence we see a metallic sphere or half-sphere (a disc) that moves around in the sky in a strange way and glows. Keshe says he created both spherical and half-spherical plasma reactors and that he understands the principle. However, this is only one of multiple applications of this principle.

So far, Mr Keshe seems a very serious man, with financially independent foundation and he does have a scientific contacts and audiences at universities, for example the Imperial University in London, very recently.
If I should describe him in a few words, I'd say he's Nikola Tesla on steroids.

Of course, the very fact that »I« mention him damages his reputation Drinking Beverage

If you claim there are nuances to principles, there are no nuances to getting arrested or shot for disobeying the power.
The Venus Project
FreeDomain Radio - The greatest philosophy show on the web!
17-02-2013, 09:36 AM (This post was last modified: 17-02-2013 09:40 AM by Chas.)
(17-02-2013 09:20 AM)Luminon Wrote:  
(13-02-2013 06:54 PM)Foxcanine1 Wrote:  Thanks. One of the reasons I picked this name too. They seem to have a reputation as being curious so it seemed like a fit since that's how I wan't to live. I love dogs too so it makes it that much better.

Maybe through the private message, if you wish. It doesn't make much sense, so better share privately than to let the bored public make their guesses and free interpretations.

(16-02-2013 10:05 AM)Foxcanine1 Wrote:  It kinda depends. Since I think your referring to Storms UFO point, I'll only say that in some cases it might be the mind playing tricks in others it might be some astronomical event or physics event. To me though unless something has the capability of being verified, even things that are my own experiences, then it loses legitimacy and I don't hold it to the same degree of seriousness.
I know of a man who says that he knows what UFOs are. He is a scientist and he does not say who made them or who rides within. He just understands their technical principle.
This man, Mehran Keshe holds patents on technologies based on the link between magnetism and gravity. A gravitational engine is basically a reactor. The reactor creates a plasma within, with magnetic field. Multiple chunks of plasma with their own magnetic field interacting together create a gravitational field. This field is like an inflated balloon under water, it creates a "buoyancy" within the gravity field of Earth, Sun, or any other object with its own field, that the system is tuned in to have a "buoyancy" towards. (if I understand it correctly) The field reaches outside of the reactor and it interacts with magnetic field of Earth, creating a glowing light in the process.

Hence we see a metallic sphere or half-sphere (a disc) that moves around in the sky in a strange way and glows. Keshe says he created both spherical and half-spherical plasma reactors and that he understands the principle. However, this is only one of multiple applications of this principle.

So far, Mr Keshe seems a very serious man, with financially independent foundation and he does have a scientific contacts and audiences at universities, for example the Imperial University in London, very recently.
If I should describe him in a few words, I'd say he's Nikola Tesla on steroids.

Of course, the very fact that »I« mention him damages his reputation Drinking Beverage

No, he did it to himself without your help.

Patents? Notice it's withdrawn.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
17-02-2013, 09:46 AM (This post was last modified: 17-02-2013 09:49 AM by Vosur.)
(17-02-2013 09:20 AM)Luminon Wrote:  Of course, the very fact that »I« mention him damages his reputation Drinking Beverage
What reputation?

Wikipedia Wrote:Mehran Tavakoli Keshe is an Iranian-born (in 1958) nuclear engineer and esoteric parascientist known for his research on plasma reactors and for his claim that he pioneered an "advanced space technology", a pseudo-scientific force field of unknown properties, that was, according to himself, used by Iran and resulted in the subdue and capture of an US drone in December 2011 near the Iran-Afghanistan border. This claim remains unconfirmed by any other sources. He is an author of three books which explain his corrective view on principles and the fundamentals of matter.

Same old, same old.
[+] 1 user Likes Vosur's post