Explanation for electrical sensation during "healing" meeting

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-02-2013, 07:52 AM
RE: Explanation for electrical sensation during "healing" meeting
Quote:And you can't be serious with your reply. That's the most asinine and arrogant thing I have heard in a long time.
I'm not understanding. Providing a link to a book containing hundreds of pages of philosophy and careful scholarship is an asinine reply?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
13-02-2013, 08:04 AM
(13-02-2013 07:52 AM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  I'm not understanding. Providing a link to a book containing hundreds of pages of philosophy and careful scholarship is an asinine reply?
No.

Firstly, since you admit that you haven't even read the book yourself, I don't care one bit about your remarks on its content.

Secondly, I was talking about your claim that pagan religions in the third world are mindless and that they are in contrast with, among other things, family, marriage, love and peace when I said that your response is arrogant and asinine.

Thirdly, your attempted response to my question wasn't even a response at all. None of what you said answered my question as to what Jesus has done for me.

[Image: IcJnQOT.gif]
13-02-2013, 08:18 AM
Quote:Secondly, I was talking about your claim that pagan religions in the third world are mindless
I'm not interested in debunking the wicked filth of Buddhism and Hinduism to a freethinker. What's the point?
Oh, and what Jesus did for you was send me to you!
13-02-2013, 08:20 AM
(13-02-2013 08:18 AM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  I'm not interested in debunking the wicked filth of Buddhism and Hinduism to a freethinker. What's the point?
It's not that you're not interested, it's that you can't. There is as much evidence for and against the existence of Buddhist and Hindu gods as there is against your particular version of the Christian god.

(13-02-2013 08:18 AM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  Oh, and what Jesus did for you was send me to you!
So he actually didn't do anything important for me after all. Thanks for clearing that up.

[Image: IcJnQOT.gif]
13-02-2013, 08:21 AM
(13-02-2013 08:18 AM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  Oh, and what Jesus did for you was send me to you!

Then Jesus is an asshole. Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
13-02-2013, 08:22 AM
[Image: please+jesus+protect+me.jpg]

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderĂ²."
[+] 1 user Likes Vera's post
13-02-2013, 09:23 AM
Quote:So he actually didn't do anything important for me after all. Thanks for clearing that up.
Boy you guys are touchy re: little jokes. I'm not a Calvinist who believes in limited atonement. The cross was for you, Vosur, for Chas, for Vera, for me.
I mean, I get where you're coming from, but the exchange looks like:
"He died on your behalf and He left a testament (will) with a great inheritance for you, some to spend now, some for later."
"Sure, but what the @#@#$ did He do for me?"
And Vera, the canard of protecting you from Jesus's followers is what? We love you and the world devours you? Christian men and women are courteous in relationships and even courtly and non-Christians are rapists and abusers? We believe in agape love and Atheists believe in temporary hormonal conceits? We give money to the poor, and--wait for it--hear comes anecdotal evidence from the Atheists about their ethics, their philanthropy, their goodness.
You know how many Christians went to help after Katrina? Tens of thousands in person. You know how few Buddhists (the hurricane's devastation is an illusion)? How many Hindus (the hurricane's effects are their karma)? How many Atheists?
13-02-2013, 09:26 AM
(13-02-2013 09:23 AM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  
Quote:So he actually didn't do anything important for me after all. Thanks for clearing that up.
Boy you guys are touchy re: little jokes. I'm not a Calvinist who believes in limited atonement. The cross was for you, Vosur, for Chas, for Vera, for me.
I mean, I get where you're coming from, but the exchange looks like:
"He died on your behalf and He left a testament (will) with a great inheritance for you, some to spend now, some for later."
"Sure, but what the @#@#$ did He do for me?"
And Vera, the canard of protecting you from Jesus's followers is what? We love you and the world devours you? Christian men and women are courteous in relationships and even courtly and non-Christians are rapists and abusers? We believe in agape love and Atheists believe in temporary hormonal conceits? We give money to the poor, and--wait for it--hear comes anecdotal evidence from the Atheists about their ethics, their philanthropy, their goodness.
You know how many Christians went to help after Katrina? Tens of thousands in person. You know how few Buddhists (the hurricane's devastation is an illusion)? How many Hindus (the hurricane's effects are their karma)? How many Atheists?

Which part of "vicarious atonement is ethically absurd" don't you get?

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
13-02-2013, 09:34 AM
(13-02-2013 09:23 AM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  The cross was for you, Vosur, for Chas, for Vera, for me.

Do you want me to tell where you and your god can shove your cross? Never asked for it, so go kneel in front of an almost naked guy in the process of being tortured and get your spiritual hard-on. Just leave us out of it, if you don't mind.

Quote:And Vera, the canard of protecting you from Jesus's followers is what? We love you
You love us like this:
[Image: inquisition-wheel.jpg]

I'd hate to think what the likes of you would do if you actually hated us.

Please, go sell your love to someone who's actually interested.

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderĂ²."
13-02-2013, 10:44 AM
Quote:Which part of "vicarious atonement is ethically absurd" don't you get?
The part where the Bible says the cross is a payment of debt. At American universities, many students receive loans paying their tuition until they may repay. Thousands of other students have parents or guardians who pay their student debt. The issue of student loans was big in the 2012 federal election; why do you find the courteous payment of debt reprehensible?
Again, you're using the Hitchens canard like a touchstone of "faith" without understanding its ramifications. Debt is a moral/ethical obligation to be repaid. YOU tell President Obama that young people should sit out of college because giving them tax money to go to school "disgusts" you.
Jesus made atonement or "covering" for me in the Hebrew. He "covered my losses". I STILL reap what I sow, if I sin, I STILL face consequences. Making a man a Christian in debtor's prison doesn't instantly release him from prison, it makes him feel forgiven but he still atones for his sin. But the debt I owe of DEATH for sin is paid on the cross.
I would have loved ten minutes with Hitchens. Five to talk with him about a few things, five to just be with him and counsel him while he was ill... okay, ten minutes more to listen to him... what an intellect! I had an Atheist group that was working to schedule a debate with him that was not to be... but, his "vicarious atonement ethical conundrum" was child's play for me and horse puckey.