Explanation for electrical sensation during "healing" meeting

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-02-2013, 10:44 AM
RE: Explanation for electrical sensation during "healing" meeting
PJ you're an ass Wink As I've explained to a few other so-called "Christians", the way to really save souls wholesale (aka recruit to your brainwashed cult) is to go somewhere where people are poor and desperate, and start handing out food in exchange for faith. It's a time-tested, well worked formula. You don't even have to go there yourself, you can just convince someone from your church to go. The net, especially a forum full of jaded, haters-of-fake-people atheists, is not gonna be a fruitful ground for you, all that you do is confirm to us what we already know through bitter experience. That evangelical Christians such as yourself are a waste of oxygen.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
13-02-2013, 10:50 AM
(13-02-2013 10:44 AM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  
Quote:Which part of "vicarious atonement is ethically absurd" don't you get?
The part where the Bible says the cross is a payment of debt. At American universities, many students receive loans paying their tuition until they may repay. Thousands of other students have parents or guardians who pay their student debt. The issue of student loans was big in the 2012 federal election; why do you find the courteous payment of debt reprehensible?
Again, you're using the Hitchens canard like a touchstone of "faith" without understanding its ramifications. Debt is a moral/ethical obligation to be repaid. YOU tell President Obama that young people should sit out of college because giving them tax money to go to school "disgusts" you.
Jesus made atonement or "covering" for me in the Hebrew. He "covered my losses". I STILL reap what I sow, if I sin, I STILL face consequences. Making a man a Christian in debtor's prison doesn't instantly release him from prison, it makes him feel forgiven but he still atones for his sin. But the debt I owe of DEATH for sin is paid on the cross.
I would have loved ten minutes with Hitchens. Five to talk with him about a few things, five to just be with him and counsel him while he was ill... okay, ten minutes more to listen to him... what an intellect! I had an Atheist group that was working to schedule a debate with him that was not to be... but, his "vicarious atonement ethical conundrum" was child's play for me and horse puckey.

Ethical debt is not monetary debt. You are very confused.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
13-02-2013, 12:42 PM
Quote:Ethical debt is not monetary debt. You are very confused.
No, it is a matter of ethics that monetary debt be paid or not paid. What is your ethic regarding monetary debt?
13-02-2013, 12:47 PM
(13-02-2013 12:42 PM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  What is your ethic regarding monetary debt?
Why pay, when some one else can do it for me. No, wait. That's the Xtian "ethic".

[Image: jesuspaiditall.jpg]

What a generous guy! Being the son of god must really pay well. Had I known he would be paying, I would've ordered a proper meal, not just a measly salad Angry

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderĂ²."
[+] 2 users Like Vera's post
13-02-2013, 02:43 PM
Quote:As I've explained to a few other so-called "Christians", the way to really save souls wholesale (aka recruit to your brainwashed cult) is to go somewhere where people are poor and desperate, and start handing out food in exchange for faith. It's a time-tested, well worked formula.
I see, you think I'm on this forum to "save souls" using logic? You are really an in-the-box thinker. Please try again.
13-02-2013, 02:46 PM
(13-02-2013 02:43 PM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  I see, you think I'm on this forum to "save souls" using logic? You are really an in-the-box thinker. Please try again.
So why are you here, spamming numerous threads with your inane drivel? To bore us to death, so that we can meet our maker, thus proving you were right all along?

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderĂ²."
[+] 3 users Like Vera's post
13-02-2013, 02:55 PM
(13-02-2013 02:43 PM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  
Quote:As I've explained to a few other so-called "Christians", the way to really save souls wholesale (aka recruit to your brainwashed cult) is to go somewhere where people are poor and desperate, and start handing out food in exchange for faith. It's a time-tested, well worked formula.
I see, you think I'm on this forum to "save souls" using logic? You are really an in-the-box thinker. Please try again.

I asked you before why you are here. You have yet to answer.

13-02-2013, 03:02 PM
Quote:I asked you before why you are here. You have yet to answer.
Is that a metaphysical question or are you asking why I'm on this forum? Smile
13-02-2013, 04:12 PM (This post was last modified: 13-02-2013 04:28 PM by Chas.)
(13-02-2013 03:02 PM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  
Quote:I asked you before why you are here. You have yet to answer.
Is that a metaphysical question or are you asking why I'm on this forum? Smile

I'm done. Your stupidity, confusion, and evasive horseshit have worn me out.

[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
13-02-2013, 04:24 PM
(13-02-2013 02:43 PM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  
we know you arent....Ive read a lot of your posts...there is no logic involved.

Arguing with a Christian is a lot like playing chess with a pigeon. You can be the greatest player in the world, yet the pigeon will knock over all the pieces, shit on the board and strut away triumphantly.
[+] 2 users Like StorMFront's post