Explanation for electrical sensation during "healing" meeting

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-02-2013, 04:26 PM
RE: Explanation for electrical sensation during "healing" meeting
(13-02-2013 04:24 PM)StorMFront Wrote:  there is no logic involved.
No are there any souls involved, seeing as they don't exist. Dodgy

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderĂ²."
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
13-02-2013, 04:30 PM
(13-02-2013 04:26 PM)Vera Wrote:  
(13-02-2013 04:24 PM)StorMFront Wrote:  there is no logic involved.
No are there any souls involved, seeing as they don't exist. Dodgy
well 99.9% they dont exist...Ill give him some hope....since we cant really prove they dont, like leprechauns and other nonsense.

Arguing with a Christian is a lot like playing chess with a pigeon. You can be the greatest player in the world, yet the pigeon will knock over all the pieces, shit on the board and strut away triumphantly.
[+] 1 user Likes StorMFront's post
13-02-2013, 05:03 PM
(20-12-2012 07:27 PM)Flowergurl Wrote:  Hi all,
I don't know if you get a lot of people who are on the brink of leaving Christianity after doing some research and... honestly, just thinking logically about life and the world. Even recent events such as the shooting and seeing Christians' responses just made me feel ill.
Anyway, there has been one thing that is keeping me held on to my belief in God, Jesus, and the Holy Spirit. And that is, a few years back, I was at a church service and went up to have hands laid on me. When the preacher laid his hands on my head, I literally felt AND heard electrical surges going through my ears. It also felt very warm.
I know, please don't think I'm crazy. I am here to seek some actual answers on this. Because I am on the brink of becoming an agnostic atheist myself. OMG. I said it. For the first time in my life. How about that?
I perceived this to be the power of God. Later on, sometimes that piece of evidence was the only thing that held my faith together.
I just don't know what it could have been. I was fully awake and aware so it was certainly not sleep paralysis or hallucinations. I remember being like, wow this is crazy.
The only thing I can think of is the preacher, and other preachers, carry some sort of current on their hands? I just don't know what else it could've been aside from that.
I also have other Christians telling me that they feel this strong force push them backwards. This has never happened to me and I always wondered about it.
Any insights will be most helpful. I want to nip this thing in the butt! Confused
Looks like I'm 3 steps behind the curb. I was going to say something potentially ( dare I say ) profound but it seems that everyone else pretty much beat me to it. At any rate good luck with this journey, wherever it takes you. Hopefully you know that there are plenty here ( including myself ) who you can talk to. Smile

Friede

Just an outsider looking inn.
13-02-2013, 05:06 PM
(13-02-2013 05:03 PM)Foxcanine1 Wrote:  
(20-12-2012 07:27 PM)Flowergurl Wrote:  Hi all,
I don't know if you get a lot of people who are on the brink of leaving Christianity after doing some research and... honestly, just thinking logically about life and the world. Even recent events such as the shooting and seeing Christians' responses just made me feel ill.
Anyway, there has been one thing that is keeping me held on to my belief in God, Jesus, and the Holy Spirit. And that is, a few years back, I was at a church service and went up to have hands laid on me. When the preacher laid his hands on my head, I literally felt AND heard electrical surges going through my ears. It also felt very warm.
I know, please don't think I'm crazy. I am here to seek some actual answers on this. Because I am on the brink of becoming an agnostic atheist myself. OMG. I said it. For the first time in my life. How about that?
I perceived this to be the power of God. Later on, sometimes that piece of evidence was the only thing that held my faith together.
I just don't know what it could have been. I was fully awake and aware so it was certainly not sleep paralysis or hallucinations. I remember being like, wow this is crazy.
The only thing I can think of is the preacher, and other preachers, carry some sort of current on their hands? I just don't know what else it could've been aside from that.
I also have other Christians telling me that they feel this strong force push them backwards. This has never happened to me and I always wondered about it.
Any insights will be most helpful. I want to nip this thing in the butt! Confused
Looks like I'm 3 steps behind the curb. I was going to say something potentially ( dare I say ) profound but it seems that everyone else pretty much beat me to it. At any rate good luck with this journey, wherever it takes you. Hopefully you know that there are plenty here ( including myself ) who you can talk to. Smile

Friede
Well dont hold back because of him...I want to hear the profound ._.

Arguing with a Christian is a lot like playing chess with a pigeon. You can be the greatest player in the world, yet the pigeon will knock over all the pieces, shit on the board and strut away triumphantly.
13-02-2013, 05:31 PM
(13-02-2013 05:06 PM)StorMFront Wrote:  
(13-02-2013 05:03 PM)Foxcanine1 Wrote:  Looks like I'm 3 steps behind the curb. I was going to say something potentially ( dare I say ) profound but it seems that everyone else pretty much beat me to it. At any rate good luck with this journey, wherever it takes you. Hopefully you know that there are plenty here ( including myself ) who you can talk to. Smile

Friede
Well dont hold back because of him...I want to hear the profound ._.
Meh, it only involves a bunch of weird experiences I had with things I thought were supernatural but I decided later on that they were all in my mind. You know, the boring stuff.

13-02-2013, 05:41 PM
(13-02-2013 05:31 PM)Foxcanine1 Wrote:  
(13-02-2013 05:06 PM)StorMFront Wrote:  Well dont hold back because of him...I want to hear the profound ._.
Meh, it only involves a bunch of weird experiences I had with things I thought were supernatural but I decided later on that they were all in my mind. You know, the boring stuff.
Nay nay! That isn't boring. Lets hear. Smile

[Image: 3d366d5c-72a0-4228-b835-f404c2970188_zps...1381867723]
13-02-2013, 06:07 PM
I'm here, so shit butter not be boring.

[Image: Untitled-2.png?_subject_uid=322943157&am...Y7Dzq4lJog]
13-02-2013, 06:10 PM (This post was last modified: 13-02-2013 06:26 PM by Luminon.)
(13-02-2013 05:31 PM)Foxcanine1 Wrote:  Meh, it only involves a bunch of weird experiences I had with things I thought were supernatural but I decided later on that they were all in my mind. You know, the boring stuff.
Right, let's see it, sounds good to me! I'd like to see what your standard of evidence is, how do you tell if something is from your mind or not. Don't worry about seeming unusual, some people here have been here and there and have done it all.
In any case, I hold the supernatural record here Smile

And btw, that's a nice fox! My favorite animal. Such looks of fierce curiosity with a beautiful red coat pattern, the bushy tail... Cats and dogs seem ordinary, compared to that. I hope now that Russians domestified them, the free market capitalism will work its magic and the genetically tame fox will become an affordable pet.
13-02-2013, 06:34 PM
Okay okay I'll talk about them.

The first experience or rather experiences I had was when I was in the 8th grade. I was going to a home school/public school thing and there was a girl in the class who I learned that her parents practiced witchcraft. Mind you that I was a christian from a fundamental christian family so I thought this was a devil thing. Funny thing was all that was needed was a pentagram bumper sticker, her evidence for her parents belief and I believed that the devil was near. Nothing happened until nightfall when I went to bed. I had a habit of listening to my local christian radio station and tonight was no different. I was a little shaken by the sticker but figured I would be okay. First, instead of the usual songs the station had the sound of growling dogs, like Rottweilers. Definitely not something to go to sleep by. I turned the radio off and that's when it really got weird. I can only say that it sounded like demons whispering in my room. I couldn't get them out of my room, no prayer, or bible or anything. Finally I had no choice but to leave. When I left the room they stopped.

The next time that a weird thing happened was after the first but I don't remember how old I was. I had gotten up toward the middle of the night to use the restroom. When I was heading back standing in my way was a man. Looked like someone from the mid 1800's. I remember him as being a greenish color and he was transparent. Just stood there for a second then vanished. What really threw me off was that the house was built by my dad and I didn't know of any cemeteries nearby.

Finally the last experience, or more of a sensation really, was the day that I thought that I had betrayed god. I felt as if the entirety of darkness and collapsed on to my soul. I remember weeping ( oddly it was the same room) for god to forgive me but I felt cold, heavy and empty. That was probably the worst event because it caused me to be paranoid with fear for the longest time. Took an agnostic to finally help me to climb out by telling me about how the bible came to be. Still climbing but much fairer than before.

I've learned that the mind is a powerful thing. When coerced the right way it can cause you to experience things that seem to be too real to think otherwise. It would have been near impossible to get someone to convince me that those demons weren't really demons or that the ghost wasn't really a ghost. Actually, a camp teacher tried to do just that with the ghost which confused me at the time but I think he believed that no soul became a ghost. Anyway. rant aside allowing a single experience to define your belief understates what we really need to see. That reality when looked at properly is so much better.

Damn you forced my rant. Don't say that I didn't try to avoid this. Smile

[+] 1 user Likes Foxcanine1's post
13-02-2013, 06:48 PM (This post was last modified: 16-02-2013 10:12 AM by StorMFront.)
(13-02-2013 06:34 PM)Foxcanine1 Wrote:  Okay okay I'll talk about them.

The first experience or rather experiences I had was when I was in the 8th grade. I was going to a home school/public school thing and there was a girl in the class who I learned that her parents practiced witchcraft. Mind you that I was a christian from a fundamental christian family so I thought this was a devil thing. Funny thing was all that was needed was a pentagram bumper sticker, her evidence for her parents belief and I believed that the devil was near. Nothing happened until nightfall when I went to bed. I had a habit of listening to my local christian radio station and tonight was no different. I was a little shaken by the sticker but figured I would be okay. First, instead of the usual songs the station had the sound of growling dogs, like Rottweilers. Definitely not something to go to sleep by. I turned the radio off and that's when it really got weird. I can only say that it sounded like demons whispering in my room. I couldn't get them out of my room, no prayer, or bible or anything. Finally I had no choice but to leave. When I left the room they stopped.

The next time that a weird thing happened was after the first but I don't remember how old I was. I had gotten up toward the middle of the night to use the restroom. When I was heading back standing in my way was a man. Looked like someone from the mid 1800's. I remember him as being a greenish color and he was transparent. Just stood there for a second then vanished. What really threw me off was that the house was built by my dad and I didn't know of any cemeteries nearby.

Finally the last experience, or more of a sensation really, was the day that I thought that I had betrayed god. I felt as if the entirety of darkness and collapsed on to my soul. I remember weeping ( oddly it was the same room) for god to forgive me but I felt cold, heavy and empty. That was probably the worst event because it caused me to be paranoid with fear for the longest time. Took an agnostic to finally help me to climb out by telling me about how the bible came to be. Still climbing but much fairer than before.

I've learned that the mind is a powerful thing. When coerced the right way it can cause you to experience things that seem to be too real to think otherwise. It would have been near impossible to get someone to convince me that those demons weren't really demons or that the ghost wasn't really a ghost. Actually, a camp teacher tried to do just that with the ghost which confused me at the time but I think he believed that no soul became a ghost. Anyway. rant aside allowing a single experience to define your belief understates what we really need to see. That reality when looked at properly is so much better.

Damn you forced my rant. Don't say that I didn't try to avoid this. Smile
The mind is a powerful, its not a rant. People experience things, its just that you should not jump to conclusions. Its like people that see UFOs, the vast majority see it and then say it must be aliens. Neglecting the fact that its Unidentified object.

Thanks for the response though, Ive seen/heard weird crap too. Just dont jump to conclusions.