Explanation for electrical sensation during "healing" meeting

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-02-2013, 10:44 AM
RE: Explanation for electrical sensation during "healing" meeting
(17-02-2013 09:36 AM)Chas Wrote:  No, he did it to himself without your help.

Patents? Notice it's withdrawn.
Wow, see the date? It was two days ago! That's some news.
I still don't know what to think about him. In his interviews he tells about imprisonment and bureaucratic obstructions that he has to face all the time. For example, in Belgium he had to wait 3 years to get a permission for a small plasma reactor. Permissions there are issued by a man who built a nuclear power plant in Belgium 20 years ago.

His claims are too diverse, unusual and complex, I don't know where even to begin questioning him. For example, he wrote a paper describing a new form of matter, a pure gas with nanostructure in solid form under room temperature. It was verified by an independent university laboratory that this material is indeed a pure gas (infrared spectroscopy at the Widener university). It is also superconductive...
Here is the paper:
http://www.keshefoundation.org/pdfs/CO2_paper.pdf

This spectroscopy area exactly the thing that my roommate studies, but so far I couldn't get him interested, not even critically. He's too busy snowboarding with his girlfriend. Bodybuilding. Breakdancing. He's too normal!

If you claim there are nuances to principles, there are no nuances to getting arrested or shot for disobeying the power.
The Venus Project
FreeDomain Radio - The greatest philosophy show on the web!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
17-02-2013, 11:08 AM
(17-02-2013 10:44 AM)Luminon Wrote:  Wow, see the date? It was two days ago! That's some news.
No, it's the website's database that was updated two days ago. The patent was withdrawn back in 2010.
18-02-2013, 01:16 AM
(13-02-2013 10:44 AM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  
Quote:Which part of "vicarious atonement is ethically absurd" don't you get?
The part where the Bible says the cross is a payment of debt. At American universities, many students receive loans paying their tuition until they may repay. Thousands of other students have parents or guardians who pay their student debt. The issue of student loans was big in the 2012 federal election; why do you find the courteous payment of debt reprehensible?
Again, you're using the Hitchens canard like a touchstone of "faith" without understanding its ramifications. Debt is a moral/ethical obligation to be repaid. YOU tell President Obama that young people should sit out of college because giving them tax money to go to school "disgusts" you.
Jesus made atonement or "covering" for me in the Hebrew. He "covered my losses". I STILL reap what I sow, if I sin, I STILL face consequences. Making a man a Christian in debtor's prison doesn't instantly release him from prison, it makes him feel forgiven but he still atones for his sin. But the debt I owe of DEATH for sin is paid on the cross.
I would have loved ten minutes with Hitchens. Five to talk with him about a few things, five to just be with him and counsel him while he was ill... okay, ten minutes more to listen to him... what an intellect! I had an Atheist group that was working to schedule a debate with him that was not to be... but, his "vicarious atonement ethical conundrum" was child's play for me and horse puckey.

2 words: Personal Responsibility

Your system has us held accountable for things we didn't do, Adam and Eve's original sin. Our way to escape this burden is by believing in a human sacrifice that claims to have payed that burden, and all others, for us.

This is disgusting, and morally reprehensible.

Your faith burdens us with responsibilities that aren't our own, and alleviates us of the ones that truly are. It is a hollow and evil teaching. Anything can be forgiven if you but believe, except for unbelief. This is a morally flawed system created by primitive humans as a means to spread their religion, and for no other purpose. It is a cancer, eating away at true morality and ethics.

It is the naked emperor that you can't see for what it is...

[Image: qce9oP7.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post
18-02-2013, 01:43 AM
Explanation for electrical sensation during "healing" meeting
Not to mention: financial responsibility != guilt.

He's not the Messiah. He's a very naughty boy! -Brian's mum
18-02-2013, 08:40 AM
Quote:2 words: Personal Responsibility

Your system has us held accountable for things we didn't do, Adam and Eve's original sin. Our way to escape this burden is by believing in a human sacrifice that claims to have payed that burden, and all others, for us.

This is disgusting, and morally reprehensible.

Your faith burdens us with responsibilities that aren't our own, and alleviates us of the ones that truly are. It is a hollow and evil teaching. Anything can be forgiven if you but believe, except for unbelief. This is a morally flawed system created by primitive humans as a means to spread their religion, and for no other purpose. It is a cancer, eating away at true morality and ethics.

It is the naked emperor that you can't see for what it is...
I don't believe in "original sin" nor do most born again Christian I know. It's a Catholic contrivance from a bad interpretation of Romans 5.

What I do see is that guilt is not necessairily a bad thing. It can prompt a conscience to do the right thing. But what a pleasure to have much guilt lifted off one's shoulders. What some Atheists are uncomfortable with--the Christian concept of salvation, when one places trust in Christ and is forgiven--expands greatly to become real power. I've seen the badly abused take the power of Christ and find compassion for their abusers, rather than be trapped in victim-induced guilt.

In other words, though sin-induced guilt can be lifted at the cross, even inappropriate guilt--like when a victim wrongly feels guilty for "allowing" an abuse to occur--can be lifted through the power of Jesus Christ.

Going back to salvation, however, if you kill my child, I will not blame Adam or Eve--I'll blame you. There is an opportunity for even a murderer to be released from sin, guilt and shame--although they would still be in prison if captured, they can be released from the anxiety and prison in their mind. What's wrong with atonement when it touches one's soul?