Nah, take the high road. Don't send it.
[Show Results]

Exploiting Your Non-Belief/Atheism

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-01-2013, 02:14 PM
RE: Exploiting Your Non-Belief/Atheism
(04-01-2013 01:04 PM)Human Being Wrote:  
(04-01-2013 12:56 PM)morondog Wrote:  It's not the text that's the problem, it's that your entire purpose in sending the note is to deliver some kind of scary message to a presumed 'Jesus freak'... it's the kind of thing I might have found funny when I was... eight ?
How old were you when you lost your sense of humor?
... Ohhh burn Tongue
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
04-01-2013, 02:26 PM
(04-01-2013 01:43 PM)Human Being Wrote:  
(04-01-2013 12:38 PM)Egor Wrote:  How do you know the guy isn't an atheist?

Oh, I forgot to mention: It's a Bluegrass guitar. Weeping

Oh don't mind Egor, he's just a nasty ol' ... Veridicanist or uh... Veridicaner or maybe just a Veridican? I can never keep up with his goofy neoplatonic nicknames. Dodgy

But uhm... yea... it seems venting does tend to cause one to lose one's head and start generalizing and stereotyping all over the place. In lieu of an email, you could just go ahead and entertain or frighten the locals by running down the street wearing only a green speedo and a shiny silver lame cape (flip-flops optional). It would surely have a similar effect and might be quite exhilarating.

It's ok. People will just think you are:
A. crazy
B. an atheist
C. from NYC
D. a theist
E. all of the above and either stare or shoot you or both
F. none of the above and either stare or shoot you or both

Wait... you are in the US, right? Dodgy

I think in the end, I just feel like I'm a secular person who has a skeptical eye toward any extraordinary claim, carefully examining any extraordinary evidence before jumping to conclusions. ~ Eric ~ My friend ... who figured it out.
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post
04-01-2013, 02:28 PM (This post was last modified: 04-01-2013 02:37 PM by Anjele.)
(04-01-2013 12:38 PM)Egor Wrote:  You fucking idiot. How do you know the guy isn't an atheist? How do you know it was a shakedown? And you know what? I hope it was a shakedown, because if you're the type to make a statement like,

"The buyer was in Alabama, so I think it's highly likely that he's some sort of Jesus-freak."

Then you are the kind of person who deserves to be shaken down. If shakedowns have to happen, so long as your type is being shakendown, who cares? Of course people like you are going to eat each other.

You are a perfect example of atheist mentality.
Nice...no wonder everyone can't wait to come over to your camp.
I agree that the assumption that someone in Alabama has to be a Jesus freak is screwed up, but it isn't made better by your blanket hatred of all non-believers...why again are you here? Holding your spot for when you swing the other way again on the Christ pendulum?
Make a blanket statement and blast someone else for doing the same.

See here they are, the bruises, some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 3 users Like Anjele's post
04-01-2013, 02:32 PM
(04-01-2013 02:26 PM)kim Wrote:  It's ok. People will just think you are:
A. crazy
B. an atheist
C. from NYC
D. a theist
E. all of the above and either stare or shoot you or both
F. none of the above and either stare or shoot you or both

Wait... you are in the US, right? Dodgy
Yes, I am a crazy (originally from) NY, Atheist! Tongue

"To hate man and worship God seems to be the sum of all creeds." — Robert Ingersoll
[+] 2 users Like Human Being's post
04-01-2013, 03:42 PM

(04-01-2013 12:44 PM)Matthew Laramore Wrote:  
(04-01-2013 12:38 PM)Egor Wrote:  You are a perfect example of atheist mentality.
I advise you to read my post one more time.

Point taken. And I shouldn’t blanket all atheist that way, but in a larger discussion on morality and atheism it is predictable.

(04-01-2013 12:53 PM)Human Being Wrote:  But the reactions here really show a double-standard, even among atheists. You'll notice that the note itself is extremely kind and courteous. If it was signed from the Church of Christ, no one would even think twice about it. But put "Church of Satan" in the signature, and even atheists have a different reaction. Very interesting.

Except Satanists want to do evil. CoC people want to do good.

(04-01-2013 02:26 PM)kim Wrote:  Oh don't mind Egor, he's just a nasty ol' ... Veridicanist or uh... Veridicaner or maybe just a Veridican? I can never keep up with his goofy neoplatonic nicknames. Dodgy

Veridican.
I believe God is the monistic fundamental consciousness and the human purpose is to become Christ which is God conscious of Himself from within His creation.

Simple enough even for you.

someone up there Wrote:I agree that the assumption that someone in Alabama has to be a Jesus freak is screwed up, but it isn't made better by your blanket hatred of all non-believers...why again are you here? Holding your spot for when you swing the other way again on the Christ pendulum?
Make a blanket statement and blast someone else for doing the same.

I agree. There. Bowing
Quote this message in a reply
04-01-2013, 03:45 PM
(04-01-2013 03:42 PM)Egor Wrote:  Point taken. And I shouldn’t blanket all atheist that way [...]
Why did it take over a year for that information to get through your thick skull? Consider

[Image: IcJnQOT.gif]
[+] 2 users Like Vosur's post
04-01-2013, 04:07 PM
(04-01-2013 03:42 PM)Egor Wrote:  Except Satanists want to do evil. CoC people want to do good.
Really? What are you basing this assertion on?

"To hate man and worship God seems to be the sum of all creeds." — Robert Ingersoll
04-01-2013, 04:13 PM
Please refer to post #25, I shall now be refered to as "She Who Shall Not Be Named". Hobo

See here they are, the bruises, some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
04-01-2013, 04:14 PM
(04-01-2013 03:42 PM)Egor Wrote:  Simple enough even for you.

See? Constructive ... thennnnnn always.... just masturbating at the dinner table. Dodgy

I think in the end, I just feel like I'm a secular person who has a skeptical eye toward any extraordinary claim, carefully examining any extraordinary evidence before jumping to conclusions. ~ Eric ~ My friend ... who figured it out.
04-01-2013, 04:28 PM
Passive-aggressive much...damn Egor...at least with you we know you are an asshole. Even when you take your meds and have that day or two of acting like a decent human being...we know it will pass and you will soon be back to bi-polar, insulting self.
There's a sick and twisted comfort in knowing who the true jerks are. And that Egor is their leader.