Do it! Fuck with the Jesus-Freak!
Nah, take the high road. Don't send it.
[Show Results]

Exploiting Your Non-Belief/Atheism

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-01-2013, 05:30 PM
RE: Exploiting Your Non-Belief/Atheism
Nah, he may not even be religious. Don't need to look like a fool.

Bury me with my guns on, so when I reach the other side - I can show him what it feels like to die.
Bury me with my guns on, so when I'm cast out of the sky, I can shoot the devil right between the eyes.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
04-01-2013, 05:31 PM
(04-01-2013 02:28 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(04-01-2013 12:38 PM)Egor Wrote:  You fucking idiot. How do you know the guy isn't an atheist? How do you know it was a shakedown? And you know what? I hope it was a shakedown, because if you're the type to make a statement like,

"The buyer was in Alabama, so I think it's highly likely that he's some sort of Jesus-freak."

Then you are the kind of person who deserves to be shaken down. If shakedowns have to happen, so long as your type is being shakendown, who cares? Of course people like you are going to eat each other.

You are a perfect example of atheist mentality.
Nice...no wonder everyone can't wait to come over to your camp.
I agree that the assumption that someone in Alabama has to be a Jesus freak is screwed up, but it isn't made better by your blanket hatred of all non-believers...why again are you here? Holding your spot for when you swing the other way again on the Christ pendulum?
Make a blanket statement and blast someone else for doing the same.
Nah he's here because no other site, non religious or religious, wants him. He's like the runt of the litter we've adopted.

Bury me with my guns on, so when I reach the other side - I can show him what it feels like to die.
Bury me with my guns on, so when I'm cast out of the sky, I can shoot the devil right between the eyes.
[+] 1 user Likes Question's post
04-01-2013, 08:36 PM
Our charity case? Was there a vote?

'See here they are, the bruises, some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way.' -JF
05-01-2013, 07:30 AM
I really hate having to agree with the majority, but what are you thinking? If you do it, this moron will be spreading word that all atheists belong to the church of satan. I am pretty sure that none of us even believe in satan, let alone worship satan. Not that I want to speak for anyone else here. Also, I like the idea that atheists seem to have better morals than religious people do. If you attack on their terms, it only confirms what they believe about us. Besides, I would be willing to bet there are websites that alllow you to rate your customers. http://ratemycustomers.com/ This one is worth checking out- http://www.rateebay.com/index.php?mode=2. Try these sites. They may help you get this guy and still take the high ground.
05-01-2013, 10:54 AM
(05-01-2013 07:30 AM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  If you do it, this moron will be spreading word that all atheists belong to the church of satan. I am pretty sure that none of us even believe in satan, let alone worship satan.
Huh How does my note say anything about atheists?

"To hate man and worship God seems to be the sum of all creeds." — Robert Ingersoll
05-01-2013, 12:07 PM
(05-01-2013 10:54 AM)Human Being Wrote:  
(05-01-2013 07:30 AM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  If you do it, this moron will be spreading word that all atheists belong to the church of satan. I am pretty sure that none of us even believe in satan, let alone worship satan.
Huh How does my note say anything about atheists?
Must be the double secret Atheist code and only true non-believers can crack the code. Hobo

'See here they are, the bruises, some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way.' -JF
05-01-2013, 12:23 PM
You're feeling wronged for a situation that sucks. Being an asshole will gain nothing out of the matter. I'd say be the bigger man and move on. If it's one thing I've learned in life it's that unnecessary drama is simply not worth the time and effort, and 9/10 times ends up just causing more problems than started in the first place.

Take the losses when you get them and learn from them, then move on.

Just $.02.
[+] 1 user Likes Logisch's post
05-01-2013, 12:44 PM
(04-01-2013 12:38 PM)Egor Wrote:  You fucking idiot. How do you know the guy isn't an atheist? How do you know it was a shakedown? And you know what? I hope it was a shakedown, because if you're the type to make a statement like,

"The buyer was in Alabama, so I think it's highly likely that he's some sort of Jesus-freak."

Then you are the kind of person who deserves to be shaken down. If shakedowns have to happen, so long as your type is being shakendown, who cares? Of course people like you are going to eat each other.

You are a perfect example of atheist mentality.
Geez, man. Even when you're right you're wrong.

If the guy's an atheist, then the note wouldn't make a difference or be hurtful. And if the guy is a Christian, then it's just cruel. Speaking of which, there are no "kinds of people who deserve to be shaken down". That's blaming the victim. Immoral acts never become moral just because of who they're targeted at. Even if I believed your religious nonsense, I wouldn't want any part of it if its' believers had that kind of morality.

My girlfriend is mad at me. Perhaps I shouldn't have tried cooking a stick in her non-stick pan.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Starcrash's post
05-01-2013, 01:01 PM
HB, are you the type of person, that when wronged, goes to tell all friends and starts talking revenge talk, but never goes through with it?

[Image: 3d366d5c-72a0-4228-b835-f404c2970188_zps...1381867723]
05-01-2013, 01:52 PM
(04-01-2013 12:19 PM)Human Being Wrote:  I recently had a bad experience selling a high-end guitar in another forum. In short, I sold the guitar for it's value ($2k) and once the buyer received it, he immediately issued a complaint via Paypal that he didn't like the way it looked and sounded and using the Paypal system, requested $400 back on his purchase. He did this despite the fact that over 40 high-res, detailed photos of the guitar were provided to accurately reflect it's current condition (which was excellent, BTW). I offered $200 back, and he immediately took it, in what I consider to have been essentially a shake down.

The buyer was in Alabama, so I think it's highly likely that he's some sort of Jesus-freak, so I'm considering sending him a kind note:

Quote:Dear Bill,

Glad we were able to resolve the issue you had with the guitar. I really want you to be happy with the guitar, so tonight at Church services, I'm going to bring pictures of the guitar and your Still Branch Cattle Company, so we can do some "work" on the guitar to make sure you're as happy as possible with it. The guitar really served us well at services for the past 10 years, so I'm confident that the Lord will step in help.

All the best,
David Glassner
Priest, The Satanic Chapel of Los Angeles
http://www.satanicchapel.org/?p=about

So should I do it? (Of course, I'm not really a Priest in the Church of Satan, but if he's a Jesus-Freak i.e. Christian, it may be enough to completely spoil any enjoyment he gets out of the guitar moving forward.)
One of the things that bothers me about interactive websites is that people will say things to others that would never be spoken face to face. With that in mind, I would withhold the prejudicial post and chalk it up to experience.
[+] 2 users Like Katiegal's post

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  One question that completely refutes atheism diddo97 169 3,216 Today 11:34 AM
Last Post: Zippo
  Approaching the Atheism/Theism convo w. someone smileXsmileXsmile 9 215 22-07-2014 08:14 AM
Last Post: smileXsmileXsmile
  How Far can You Stretch Atheism? Mr. Slave 4 141 16-07-2014 11:33 AM
Last Post: Mr. Slave
  Atheism and the Conversion Factors 5senses 47 1,744 15-07-2014 10:40 AM
Last Post: goodwithoutgod
  Seeking the Grief Stories of Non-Believers for “Grief Beyond Belief” Book Bows and Arrows 5 134 04-07-2014 08:49 AM
Last Post: jockmcdock
  Is atheism in Sweden declining Jazki21 1 130 27-06-2014 10:10 AM
Last Post: DLJ
  Atheism in middle east Jazki21 8 138 26-06-2014 11:49 PM
Last Post: PoolBoyG