Exploring: Fact/Fiction

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-04-2013, 09:24 AM
RE: Exploring: Fact/Fiction
Electromagnetics? ...hrm If thought is no more than electrical signals flying back and forth in the brain, and sharks are highly sensitive enough to the electrical pulses that occur in working muscle to detect floundering prey near-by,...then could we train sharks to be telepathic? Sorry.
If you're going to pray, pray to Murphy. It's his law that fraks with me everyday Undecided
Or hope the R.U.N.G. (random universal number generator) is strong in you. May the RUNG be with you Tongue

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
24-04-2013, 09:47 AM
(24-04-2013 09:24 AM)TheGulegon Wrote:  Electromagnetics? ...hrm If thought is no more than electrical signals flying back and forth in the brain, and sharks are highly sensitive enough to the electrical pulses that occur in working muscle to detect floundering prey near-by,...then could we train sharks to be telepathic? Sorry.
If you're going to pray, pray to Murphy. It's his law that fraks with me everyday Undecided
Or hope the R.U.N.G. (random universal number generator) is strong in you. May the RUNG be with you Tongue

There's some evidence...

Quote:The heart produces by far the body's most powerful rhythmic electromagnetic field, which can be detected several feet away by sensitive instruments. Research shows our heart's field changes distinctly as we experience different emotions.

~from http://www.heartmath.com/about/research-...ation.html

I haven't seen it duplicated anywhere else, but I'm thinking it is because it is fringe -rather than pseudo - science.

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
24-04-2013, 10:19 AM
Absolutely, is a theory of God NOT pseudo-science? Is Murphy's Law not pseudo-science?

Murphys Law?? Murphy's law is paradoxical and you can read why here:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/notesandquerie...31,00.html

Surely putting faith in an unprovable doctrine of "science" is no different than putting your faith in a higher power beyond our comprehension - ie: unprovable!
24-04-2013, 10:27 AM
LSD arguments always make me shake my head and sigh. That's because no matter what I say - and no matter how much evidence I throw at them - I can't seem to convince the individual that their experience was not something "beyond" their own mind; but the very fucking mind itself as it was under the influence of DRUGS. DRUUUGGGZZZZAAAAA.

So, I won't bother going into such things here. Drinking Beverage

Through profound pain comes profound knowledge.
Ridi, Pagliaccio, sul tuo amore infranto! Ridi del duol, che t'avvelena il cor!
24-04-2013, 10:31 AM
(24-04-2013 10:19 AM)DapperDannyD Wrote:  Absolutely, is a theory of God NOT pseudo-science? Is Murphy's Law not pseudo-science?

Surely putting faith in an unprovable doctrine of "science" is no different than putting your faith in a higher power beyond our comprehension - ie: unprovable!

Warning: Incoming. Thumbsup

Alla these atheists will tell you that faith is belief without evidence, and science is a methodology, not an ideology.

I'll tell ya faith is moral certainty, which is the only certainty a man can have. But what atheists have, rather than "faith," is "trust" in science. And the evidence is there.

And of course you're gonna have dogmatists in every philosophical endeavor.

[+] 1 user Likes houseofcantor's post
24-04-2013, 10:35 AM
(24-04-2013 10:27 AM)Misanthropik Wrote:  LSD arguments always make me shake my head and sigh. That's because no matter what I say - and no matter how much evidence I throw at them - I can't seem to convince the individual that their experience was not something "beyond" their own mind; but the very fucking mind itself as it was under the influence of DRUGS. DRUUUGGGZZZZAAAAA.

I was kicking it with god on meth.

[Image: jesus-says-meme-generator-your-argument-...b45656.jpg]

[+] 1 user Likes houseofcantor's post
24-04-2013, 10:37 AM
(24-04-2013 10:35 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  
(24-04-2013 10:27 AM)Misanthropik Wrote:  LSD arguments always make me shake my head and sigh. That's because no matter what I say - and no matter how much evidence I throw at them - I can't seem to convince the individual that their experience was not something "beyond" their own mind; but the very fucking mind itself as it was under the influence of DRUGS. DRUUUGGGZZZZAAAAA.

I was kicking it with god on meth.

For the last time, HOC; Gwyneth isn't real. Rolleyes

Through profound pain comes profound knowledge.
Ridi, Pagliaccio, sul tuo amore infranto! Ridi del duol, che t'avvelena il cor!
[+] 1 user Likes Misanthropik's post
24-04-2013, 10:52 AM
(24-04-2013 10:19 AM)DapperDannyD Wrote:  Absolutely, is a theory of God NOT pseudo-science? Is Murphy's Law not pseudo-science?

It was a joke, son Tongue

24-04-2013, 10:53 AM
(24-04-2013 10:37 AM)Misanthropik Wrote:  
(24-04-2013 10:35 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  I was kicking it with god on meth.

For the last time, HOC; Gwyneth isn't real. Rolleyes

That's why Gwynnite is religion, silly. Big Grin

[+] 2 users Like houseofcantor's post
24-04-2013, 11:03 AM
(24-04-2013 10:53 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  
(24-04-2013 10:37 AM)Misanthropik Wrote:  For the last time, HOC; Gwyneth isn't real. Rolleyes

That's why Gwynnite is religion, silly. Big Grin

I believe one of the "stories", articles, whatever, on my Comcast.net Home page today, is entitled "Paltrow Named Most Beautiful Woman" Wink