Exploring the Supernatural

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-07-2011, 12:39 AM
RE: Exploring the Supernatural
uote='TheBeardedDude' pid='38367' dateline='1310586940']
Interesting question? Hmmm. One way that the multi-verse hypothesis (concept? A hypothesis indicates it is testable but is this?) is that each of the natural laws would potentially vary (by natural laws I mean the laws that exist in our natural world). These laws would vary in other verses(?) but would still be present. So the nuclear force might me stronger or weaker, gravity may be -5 m/s^2 instead of -9.8m/s^2, the speed of light might be 500 m/s instead of 3x10^8 m/s. This is how I understand it anyways. This could mean that the formation of stars, planets, atoms and anything else would be very different from our own since a new set of constants exist. I think the primary point is that natural laws would still exist but they would differ as far as their magnitude and potentially direction (imagine gravity being a repulsive force!). I have no idea if this is an accurate portrayal (not a physicist) but it sounds good!
[/quote]

Sorry I forget your name due to complexity of hypothesis.
Hmmmmm! This stuff seems pre big bang relevant. Hmmmm!
In terms of infinity would there be laws and if so would "we" be somehow party to these laws? I really must read all this more closely and maybe come back later.
Cheers-----Mr Woof.Huh
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
14-07-2011, 10:20 AM
(14-07-2011 12:39 AM)Mr Woof Wrote:  uote='TheBeardedDude' pid='38367' dateline='1310586940']
Interesting question? Hmmm. One way that the multi-verse hypothesis (concept? A hypothesis indicates it is testable but is this?) is that each of the natural laws would potentially vary (by natural laws I mean the laws that exist in our natural world). These laws would vary in other verses(?) but would still be present. So the nuclear force might me stronger or weaker, gravity may be -5 m/s^2 instead of -9.8m/s^2, the speed of light might be 500 m/s instead of 3x10^8 m/s. This is how I understand it anyways. This could mean that the formation of stars, planets, atoms and anything else would be very different from our own since a new set of constants exist. I think the primary point is that natural laws would still exist but they would differ as far as their magnitude and potentially direction (imagine gravity being a repulsive force!). I have no idea if this is an accurate portrayal (not a physicist) but it sounds good!

Sorry I forget your name due to complexity of hypothesis.
Hmmmmm! This stuff seems pre big bang relevant. Hmmmm!
In terms of infinity would there be laws and if so would "we" be somehow party to these laws? I really must read all this more closely and maybe come back later.
Cheers-----Mr Woof.Huh

[/quote]

Its simple really. In other verses the constants that dictate the natural laws are different. An example would be that instead of light being 300,000,000 m/s it might be 3,000,000 m/s. This may not seem like a big deal but it would have a rippling effect because it would effect everything else.

"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." Albert Einstein

“Science is simply common sense at its best, that is, rigidly accurate in observation, and merciless to fallacy in logic.”
—Thomas Henry Huxley
15-07-2011, 09:11 AM
(13-07-2011 12:07 PM)Peterkin Wrote:  ... And then, there is the problem of multiple universes: if it exists, is it not all part of The Universe? In another room of the universe, so to speak? Orin the universe's mirror? The parallel timeline sort of multiverse, where everything that could happen does happen in one of them, all are governed by a single set of natural laws, so none woul be supernatural. And if a mirror or other room universe existed, that would be governed by some kind of laws, because matter/space/energy/time isn't very good at random structures; those laws would be para-natural or versa-natural, not super-.

On reflection, though, isn't there enough to explore in this universe?
[Image: 700px-Multiverse_-_level_II.svg.png]
Bubble universe, each of these universe have have(probably) different physical laws and constants. So time,space matter ect. would be diiferent from our own.
But what if our universe is just in another big bubble?Huh
If we had a way to travel through time, would we able to go through a parallel universe? Just imagine that seeing parallel me... twilight zoneExclamationExclamation ( if I saw me from another universe would the universe explode and time be ripped apart?Big Grin)

[Image: boston-terrier-gets-scared.gif]
15-07-2011, 01:28 PM
(15-07-2011 09:11 AM)tazmin98 Wrote:  If we had a way to travel through time, would we able to go through a parallel universe? Just imagine that seeing parallel me... twilight zoneExclamationExclamation ( if I saw me from another universe would the universe explode and time be ripped apart?Big Grin)

Probably not. I mean your seeing it would probably fail to alter any universe, but you couldn't go there. If the physical laws are different, we, in our physical form, can't survive the transit. Now, if there were an instrument, like Piers Anthony's macroscope, that would allow us to peek in from our safe world....

If you pray to anything, you're prey to anything.