Explosions in Brussels

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-03-2016, 07:50 PM
RE: Explosions in Brussels
(24-03-2016 07:33 PM)LunarDiscord Wrote:  Just wanted to say that the conversation above is fascinating and makes me realize I have a lot to catch up to. Dutch school system only taught WW2 and dutch colonies.

That said, back in the here and now for a moment:
French police foil an advanced stage terror plot. And similar raid in Brussels lead to 6 arrests.

Furthermore, said raids revealed that terrorists intended to bomb Belgiums nuclear power plants, which is relevant to your discussion about WMD's. Think Fukushima, Chernobyl next to Brussels. Now that plot itself was still in an early stage but it does give you something to think about.

They've been taking that potential threat pretty seriously here as well lately. I've actually been applying to get onto one of the nuclear response teams in Ontario. The prospect of terrorism makes for some interesting, well paying armed security positions Tongue. Unfortunately I'm not the only vet hoping to fill the role.

'Murican Canadian
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes yakherder's post
24-03-2016, 07:57 PM
Good luck with your application, then Smile
Hopefully, we won't *need* to use Nuclear response and clean up teams, but it's best to have them ready, just in case.

Terrorism also makes for fascinating yet mildly disturbing plots; I remember two years ago a political summit was held here in Holland (the Hague) the exact same time ISIL was on the rise and a Malaysian airlines plane vanished. So, naturally, the paranoid among us made the connection that the plane was hijacked and brought to an ISIL controlled airport, loaded up with a missing Russian suitcase Nuke and ready to be deployed onto the political summit.

in retrospect, and as far-fetched as it was, it would make one hell of Tom Clancy style book or movie.

"I am Human, I am stronger than any god!"

~Mechina - Andromeda
25-03-2016, 06:34 AM
Do nuclear stations have armed guards??

Edit: I'm not sure they do in the UK...

Saints live in flames; wise men, next to them.
25-03-2016, 06:37 AM (This post was last modified: 25-03-2016 06:57 AM by yakherder.)
(25-03-2016 06:34 AM)SunnyD1 Wrote:  Do nuclear stations have armed guards??

Edit: I'm not sure they do in the UK...

The ones in Canada are armed to the teeth and kitted up, many combat vets. Ontario's nuclear response teams take part in spec ops competitions and usually give the actual spec ops a run for their money.

This is the type I've been applying for now that the remote mine I was doing security at closed, as I've been trying to find an alternative to returning to corrections Tongue. It provides a brief summary. http://mypowercareer.com/career-profiles/security/

'Murican Canadian