Explosions in Brussels

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-03-2016, 08:06 AM
RE: Explosions in Brussels
(23-03-2016 07:55 AM)yakherder Wrote:  If we created them, what created us? Or are Americans somehow more capable of free will than the rest of the world? Just curious.

Your country came through both WWI and WWII unscathed. This gave you a tremendous advantage. Which America, to it's credit took to its full advantage.

What created ISIL was the mistake of attacking Iraq after 9/11. It left a vacuum and a hatred of the west. That hatred already existed though both British empire after the fall of the Ottomans and then the creation of the nation state of Israel after WWII.

The Coalition of the willing, of which Australia was a part, being a close ally of the US, was a huge mistake.

America in its global takeover for control now has approximately 1000 international military bases. The largest of which is in the Balkans.

America is, like ancient Rome, heading towards going bankrupt through this idea of controlling the world at large.

Sadly, most Americans it seems are unaware of international politics and history.

Present company excused.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Banjo's post
23-03-2016, 08:15 AM
(23-03-2016 08:00 AM)Fatbaldhobbit Wrote:  
(23-03-2016 07:55 AM)yakherder Wrote:  If we created them, what created us? Or are Americans somehow more capable of free will than the rest of the world? Just curious.

I am stating: American foreign policy has created many, if not most of the terrorist problems we now face.

Do you agree?

We're one of many players in this game, and a new addition at that. It was the defeat of the Ottoman empire and its partitioning under the Treaty of Sèvres, however, that decisively set it on the path to instability. I'll give my more detailed answer tonight when I get home, as I'm on my way out the door right now.

'Murican Canadian
[+] 1 user Likes yakherder's post
23-03-2016, 08:25 AM
(23-03-2016 08:15 AM)yakherder Wrote:  
(23-03-2016 08:00 AM)Fatbaldhobbit Wrote:  I am stating: American foreign policy has created many, if not most of the terrorist problems we now face.

Do you agree?

We're one of many players in this game, and a new addition at that. It was the defeat of the Ottoman empire and its partitioning under the Treaty of Sèvres, however, that decisively set it on the path to instability. I'll give my more detailed answer tonight when I get home, as I'm on my way out the door right now.

America is the largest player.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
Banjo.
23-03-2016, 08:27 AM
(23-03-2016 08:06 AM)Banjo Wrote:  

Your country came through both WWI and WWII unscathed. This gave you a tremendous advantage. Which America, to it's credit took to its full advantage.

What created ISIL was the mistake of attacking Iraq after 9/11. It left a vacuum and a hatred of the west. That hatred already existed though both British empire after the fall of the Ottomans and then the creation of the nation state of Israel after WWII.

The Coalition of the willing, of which Australia was a part, being a close ally of the US, was a huge mistake.

America in its global takeover for control now has approximately 1000 international military bases. The largest of which is in the Balkans.

America is, like ancient Rome, heading towards going bankrupt through this idea of controlling the world at large.

Sadly, most Americans it seems are unaware of international politics and history.

Present company excused.

As you say though, the hatred already existed. Although this hatred predates the Empire. It's naive to keep blaming ourselves for Islamism. We can, up to a certain extent, take blame for being a catalyst but we are not the cause.

If you follow the history of Islam it always leads back to the root cause, fundamentals in ideology & scripture.

Saints live in flames; wise men, next to them.
23-03-2016, 08:29 AM
(23-03-2016 08:27 AM)SunnyD1 Wrote:  
(23-03-2016 08:06 AM)Banjo Wrote:  Your country came through both WWI and WWII unscathed. This gave you a tremendous advantage. Which America, to it's credit took to its full advantage.

Present company excused.

As you say though, the hatred already existed. Although this hatred predates the Empire. It's naive to keep blaming ourselves for Islamism. We can, up to a certain extent, take blame for being a catalyst but we are not the cause.

If you follow the history of Islam it always leads back to the root cause, fundamentals in ideology & scripture.

I always take history into account. For example, are you able to detail Julian's war on Persia and the burning of the fleet?

I'd say not.

Banjo.
[+] 1 user Likes Banjo's post
23-03-2016, 08:38 AM
All this reminds me of christards.

They had desires, once upon a time, to conquer the world and inflict their christardology on it. Those that resisted, they simply killed. They didn't have semtex and we didn't have airports and undergrounds then - but that's just technology.

Marburg virus, Ebola, Rabies, HIV, Smallpox, Hantavirus, Dengue Fever all brought to you by god - who cares for us and loves us all Censored
[+] 1 user Likes god has no twitter account's post
23-03-2016, 08:41 AM
(23-03-2016 08:38 AM)god has no twitter account Wrote:  All this reminds me of christards.

They had desires, once upon a time, to conquer the world and inflict their christardology on it. Those that resisted, they simply killed. They didn't have semtex and we didn't have airports and undergrounds then - but that's just technology.

History repeats. Only the players change.

Banjo.
23-03-2016, 08:47 AM
(23-03-2016 08:29 AM)Banjo Wrote:  
(23-03-2016 08:27 AM)SunnyD1 Wrote:  As you say though, the hatred already existed. Although this hatred predates the Empire. It's naive to keep blaming ourselves for Islamism. We can, up to a certain extent, take blame for being a catalyst but we are not the cause.

I always take history into account. For example, are you able to detail Julian's war on Persia and the burning of the fleet?

I'd say not.

Sadly, no.

I'm a pre-Augustan Classicist.

I wasn't questioning your historical knowledge, why so upset?

23-03-2016, 08:48 AM
(23-03-2016 08:47 AM)SunnyD1 Wrote:  Sadly, no.

Why do you assume I am upset???

Banjo.
23-03-2016, 08:53 AM
(23-03-2016 08:48 AM)Banjo Wrote:  
(23-03-2016 08:47 AM)SunnyD1 Wrote:  Sadly, no.

Why do you assume I am upset???

Because you appeared defensive and hostile at my non-hostile comment..