Extinction Dialogs

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-07-2015, 03:53 PM
Extinction Dialogs
I am a first-timer at blogging (and I'm not exactly sure I'll ever find this page again) but a fan of Seth Andrews and his work. Here is my question: I'm looking for intelligent thoughts and feedback; no hocus/pocus.
Earlier this year I read "The Sixth Extinction," - a worthwhile read describing current-day species eradication and the foretelling of climate-caused human extinction.
This week I began "The Extinction Dialogs; How To Live With Death In Mind" - defining and accepting our species is already in
"hospice" mode and how to live the rest of our very short lives.
Has anyone read these books (or others of the like) and thought -not about the consequences - but the rest of the sequence existence?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
23-07-2015, 04:59 PM
RE: Extinction Dialogs
The world is going to hell in a hand basket. That's what my Gramma said and I'm sticking to it.

I have read none of these books. I think, however, that we will poison our food supply before we have a chance to die from climate change.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
24-07-2015, 06:45 AM
(23-07-2015 04:59 PM)Dom Wrote:  The world is going to hell in a hand basket. That's what my Gramma said and I'm sticking to it.

I have read none of these books. I think, however, that we will poison our food supply before we have a chance to die from climate change.
24-07-2015, 06:47 AM
Thanks Dom.
I believe our scientists can come up with solutions to toxic food; intelligent people can eat non-toxic foods and we can survive - - - -however - - -- the impact of climate change appears to be irreversible and I can't see what scientists can do about it.
Regards
24-07-2015, 07:06 AM
Accepted my mortality long ago. Whether it comes from a bullet in some random third world country, heart disease, or I get run over by a global warming while crossing the street, in the end I'm not walking away. None of us get to make it out alive in the end.

'Murican Canadian
[+] 1 user Likes yakherder's post
24-07-2015, 07:34 AM
Read The Sixth Extinction.

We humans have become a plague to all other living organisms on the planet, eventually we will be the reason of our own demise.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
24-07-2015, 09:04 AM
... and that is often the way of the world with any species. Populations boom and crash. We're no different.
[+] 2 users Like Thumpalumpacus's post