Extreme Boredom

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-02-2013, 03:28 AM
Extreme Boredom
Hardly anything interests me anymore, I haven't touched a video game in months. The movies, shows, and media I watch has become very limited and right now, I don't even watn to watch anything. I don't want to play any games, I don't really want to go do anything with someone. I've always suffered from boredom but never like this.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
10-02-2013, 04:19 AM
RE: Extreme Boredom
Do some local volunteering. You might be bored, but at least you'll be making the a world a bit of a better place.

You don't even need a resume, in fact it'll pad one out for you. Check your local legal aid clinic for some filing work, or mail runs. Or do work for a civil society organization based locally.

Or run in circles waving your hands around. You don't suffer boredom, you inflict it onto yourself.
[+] 1 user Likes PoolBoyG's post
10-02-2013, 04:57 AM
Yeah, I know how it is. I'm pretty apathetic too in the last time.

"The way to see by faith is to shut the eye of reason." - Benjamin Franklin
10-02-2013, 06:05 AM
I never understood boredom. I don't even get bored waiting in line someplace, there is plenty ging on inside my head.
I wonder what causes boredom... Huh

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
10-02-2013, 09:53 AM
Nappa I'm just going to pretend like youre serious for a moment.

What you just described is actually a symptom of depression.

http://www.webmd.com/depression/guide/de...depression

Maybe you should go and talk to someone?

"People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they seldom use." Soren Kierkegaard
[+] 4 users Like Hobbitgirl's post
10-02-2013, 11:46 AM
Yep. I was going to say sounds more like depression than boredom. Could be just reluctance to enter a transitional period of growth or change ... and this can also exhibit attributes of boredom or depression.

Maybe the sleep pattern is off - never fuck with sleep - humans need sleep to maintain proper body and brain function.

But yes, this "boredom", even seemingly not serious, could still be a symptom of something. If it's bothered you for months, see a physician.

I think in the end, I just feel like I'm a secular person who has a skeptical eye toward any extraordinary claim, carefully examining any extraordinary evidence before jumping to conclusions. ~ Eric ~ My friend ... who figured it out.
[+] 2 users Like kim's post
10-02-2013, 01:34 PM
I haven't played games or watched tv since before Xmas. Try exercise or doing something new. The thing with exercise is that even if you don't want to do it, afterwards you feel better. If you live somewhere with shitty winters, like here in Canada, try going for a SHORT tanning session once or twice a week.

[Image: mW3Tso9.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes WeAreTheCosmos's post
10-02-2013, 01:36 PM
Also... Since I work afternoons and my I often fight myself to stay up, I occasionally take melatonin to help sleep at a reasonable time. If it's depression, once you get your body and brain in order you should be less bored... If it's not depression, well then, its really up to you to find some new interest

[Image: mW3Tso9.jpg]
10-02-2013, 03:44 PM
I can see how one with beliefs such as mine can easily get depressed. It is however not depression, and in fact I have begun exercising recently (not today there's a fucking blizzard today)

I've been depressed before, deep feeling of angst and emptiness. Don't have that now. Just boredom.

Sleep seems to have removed my state of mind that I was in though, so I'm not that bored right now. But I am always bored, sometimes less bored than others.