Extreme Hot Sauce

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-01-2015, 02:10 PM
Extreme Hot Sauce
I have a friend who's really into hot sauce -- he puts it on everything. He sent me this link to a place that sells dozens of different kinds of extreme hot sauce. I have no interest in anything like this (I like a little spice in my food, but nothing like this!), but I did get some good laughs out of some of the names:

http://www.mohotta.com/category/Extreme-Hot-Sauces/a

I think my favorite is "Crazy Jerry's Brain Damage Hot Sauce".

Laugh out load
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
07-01-2015, 03:09 PM
RE: Extreme Hot Sauce
I have two chilli sauces open at the moment. The first one is my superhot chilli sauce. It was basically the entire harvest of chillis including superhots (including a few newly grown carolina reapers). It was much hotter than I expected and I can honestly say now that that first cheese and ham sandwich I used it on was waaaay hotter than a vindaloo curry in Britain. My tongue literally felt like it was covered in bleach.

My other chilli sauce is literally weapons grade. That is made from last year's Trinidad Scorpion Butch T chillis cut with chocolate bhut jolokias. I say literally weapons grade because the Indian army use Naga Jolokia and those chillis are about a third as hot.

The sauce goes a long way and I expect my entire batch to last me until I can get back to Germany and grow an entire crop again.
07-01-2015, 03:14 PM
(07-01-2015 02:10 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  I have a friend who's really into hot sauce -- he puts it on everything. He sent me this link to a place that sells dozens of different kinds of extreme hot sauce. I have no interest in anything like this (I like a little spice in my food, but nothing like this!), but I did get some good laughs out of some of the names:

Laugh out load

We had some hot sauce here that you added one drop to 5 gallons of chili and it was still too spicy to eat.

That was by husbands standard who totally loves the spicy stuff. Usually it's the hotter the better for him. Seriously the man dumps hot sauce on everything.

I'll make something and he'll still add more hot sauce to it (usually without tasting it).

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

07-01-2015, 03:17 PM (This post was last modified: 07-01-2015 03:25 PM by Tartarus Sauce.)
I've had some of Blair's After Death before, just a tiny drop on the tip of my tongue.

The name is quite accurate.

[Image: giphy.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Tartarus Sauce's post
07-01-2015, 03:33 PM
I like me some hot sauce. It's got to be hot, but it has to have flavor.

My current regulars are Dave's Hurtin' Habanero and Idiot Boyz.

I have some Dave's Insanity Sauce and Ultimate Insanity, but they're the two-drops-in-a-pot-of-chili grade; too dangerous for normal use.

There are so many out there to try, but one has only so much stomach lining. Weeping

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
07-01-2015, 03:35 PM
I really love Chilli sauce. For some reason I hate the American term "Hot sauce".
07-01-2015, 03:39 PM
(07-01-2015 03:14 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(07-01-2015 02:10 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  I have a friend who's really into hot sauce -- he puts it on everything. He sent me this link to a place that sells dozens of different kinds of extreme hot sauce. I have no interest in anything like this (I like a little spice in my food, but nothing like this!), but I did get some good laughs out of some of the names:

Laugh out load

We had some hot sauce here that you added one drop to 5 gallons of chili and it was still too spicy to eat.

That was by husbands standard who totally loves the spicy stuff. Usually it's the hotter the better for him. Seriously the man dumps hot sauce on everything.

I'll make something and he'll still add more hot sauce to it (usually without tasting it).

My friend that I mentioned in the OP is exactly like your husband in this respect. My brother is the same way with salt and pepper. Any food you put in front of him will be doused with salt and pepper before he bothers to taste it. I usually taste the food first (especially if it's something unfamiliar), and only add seasoning if necessary (and it's often not necessary).
[+] 1 user Likes Grasshopper's post
07-01-2015, 03:52 PM
(07-01-2015 03:33 PM)Chas Wrote:  I like me some hot sauce. It's got to be hot, but it has to have flavor.

My current regulars are Dave's Hurtin' Habanero and Idiot Boyz.

I have some Dave's Insanity Sauce and Ultimate Insanity, but they're the two-drops-in-a-pot-of-chili grade; too dangerous for normal use.

There are so many out there to try, but one has only so much stomach lining. Weeping

In this house the Dave's insanity one is what my oldest son puts on his eggs. Oh and on his tuna sandwiches. Yuck. He likes it tho.

Oh and that other stuff surracha (I know I'm totally misspelling it)...they'll mix that with Dave's Insantity on my pork chops. Again....yuck.

I don't understand it.

I don't mind a little tapatio...It's pretty mild by those standards.

07-01-2015, 03:57 PM
(07-01-2015 03:39 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  
(07-01-2015 03:14 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  We had some hot sauce here that you added one drop to 5 gallons of chili and it was still too spicy to eat.

My friend that I mentioned in the OP is exactly like your husband in this respect. My brother is the same way with salt and pepper. Any food you put in front of him will be doused with salt and pepper before he bothers to taste it. I usually taste the food first (especially if it's something unfamiliar), and only add seasoning if necessary (and it's often not necessary).

One of these days I'm going take that habanero and ghost chili shit we have and add that to something and watch as he adds (without tasting) more hot sauce. Evil_monster

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
07-01-2015, 04:12 PM
What is the point of extreme hot sauces, really? It becomes impossible to get the right amount on anything.

You want a little spice on something? One drop in this whole burrito, hmm maybe needs a bit more.. One more drop... Now its unenjoyably hot. I want some kind of room for error in which the food remains edible.

Like suicide hot wings... OK, I get it. You're drinking and competitive. You want to show off your ability to eat stupidly spicy wings. Well congrats, you win. Please eat them all, and enjoy your victory, cause you sure won't enjoy the wings.
[+] 2 users Like WeAreTheCosmos's post