Extreme Hot Sauce

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-01-2015, 04:18 PM
RE: Extreme Hot Sauce
My ideal level of heat from a sauce is probably nandos garlic Peri Peri. Its hot enough to make things interesting, even with a dash or two, but mild enough to dunk your food in if you wanted. And it adds flavor too, instead of just burning sensations.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
07-01-2015, 05:11 PM
(07-01-2015 03:33 PM)Chas Wrote:  I like me some hot sauce. It's got to be hot, but it has to have flavor.

My current regulars are Dave's Hurtin' Habanero and Idiot Boyz.

I have some Dave's Insanity Sauce and Ultimate Insanity, but they're the two-drops-in-a-pot-of-chili grade; too dangerous for normal use.

There are so many out there to try, but one has only so much stomach lining. Weeping

Eat a Bananna the day before you go at it with crazy spicy food. It coats the lining of your stomach.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
07-01-2015, 05:17 PM
(07-01-2015 04:12 PM)WeAreTheCosmos Wrote:  What is the point of extreme hot sauces, really? It becomes impossible to get the right amount on anything.

You want a little spice on something? One drop in this whole burrito, hmm maybe needs a bit more.. One more drop... Now its unenjoyably hot. I want some kind of room for error in which the food remains edible.

Like suicide hot wings... OK, I get it. You're drinking and competitive. You want to show off your ability to eat stupidly spicy wings. Well congrats, you win. Please eat them all, and enjoy your victory, cause you sure won't enjoy the wings.
Well, actually, when you are used to spicy food, you need it really, really, really spicy just to be able to tell that it is hot. You get accustomed to it.
I love sichuan food because that is much more spicy than Indian or Thai.
https://www.google.co.nz/search?q=sichua...YOVBwI4%3D
07-01-2015, 05:18 PM
(07-01-2015 05:11 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(07-01-2015 03:33 PM)Chas Wrote:  I like me some hot sauce. It's got to be hot, but it has to have flavor.

My current regulars are Dave's Hurtin' Habanero and Idiot Boyz.

I have some Dave's Insanity Sauce and Ultimate Insanity, but they're the two-drops-in-a-pot-of-chili grade; too dangerous for normal use.

There are so many out there to try, but one has only so much stomach lining. Weeping

Eat a Bananna the day before you go at it with crazy spicy food. It coats the lining of your stomach.

The day before? Really? Never heard that one.

And it's not really my stomach that suffers - it's further down the path. Ohmy

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
07-01-2015, 05:33 PM
(07-01-2015 05:18 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(07-01-2015 05:11 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  Eat a Bananna the day before you go at it with crazy spicy food. It coats the lining of your stomach.

The day before? Really? Never heard that one.

Oh wow.

I think I might be married to you.
Blink Gasp

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

07-01-2015, 05:39 PM
(07-01-2015 05:33 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(07-01-2015 05:18 PM)Chas Wrote:  The day before? Really? Never heard that one.

Oh wow.

I think I might be married to you.
Blink Gasp

We can discuss that possibility. I'll get you a crock pot. Yes

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
08-01-2015, 12:58 PM
I'll give the banana a try. I don't have problems at the entrance or exit, but I do get stomach cramps.
08-01-2015, 05:01 PM
(08-01-2015 12:58 PM)Mathilda Wrote:  I'll give the banana a try. I don't have problems at the entrance or exit, but I do get stomach cramps.

This is a tip that Adam Richman, a food tv star that got famous by doing eating challenges like ultra spicy food or huge quantities, gave to someone asking how he prepared for eating Ghost Peppers.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 1 user Likes Revenant77x's post
08-01-2015, 05:06 PM
Re: Extreme Hot Sauce
By the way, sriracha.

Not sure where the Carolina reaper is from, but I live in North Carolina. At the state fair, they had reaper ice cream. You had to show ID and sign a waiver. My brother and I were two out of three that even finished it. Weird feeling.

My brother brews beer and made a beer (blonde) with Scotch bonnets and jalapeƱos.
09-01-2015, 01:46 PM
Oh dear, I think this is the beginning of the end. The place where it all started...my being banned for spamming.... Sadcryface2

I LOVE super hot sauces!!! [Image: chili-pepper-emoticon.gif]

My favourites are Blair's Death (750K Scoville Units - SU) and Ultra-Death (800K SU) Sauces, which combine natural ingredients for outstanding flavour and heat like a blowtorch. My absolute favourite of those Blair's is Zakk Wilde's (he of "Ozzy Osbourne" and "Black Label Society" fame) limited edition "Beserker - Shot To Hell" sauce, which is a must have for homemade burgers and comes with a natty keychain. Drooling

[Image: xctmpvQ0iSr.png]

There's also a nice little number made here in the UK called "Satan's Shit" (with the natty tagline "Taste Satan's Last Supper"), which is more of a thick chutney. Great on Brats and such... Evil_monster

When I want to spice up any meal (Mexican, Indian, or other) without adding a foreign flavour, I use "Lethal Ingestion" (234K SU), which is designed as an "additive" (i.e. to be used as an ingredient). Nice pack too:

[Image: 41dpgEqTBGL.jpg]

The hottest "usable" sauce I've tried is "Z" (4 million SU), three drops of which in a XL stockpot of chilli is enough to make it inedible for all but the initiated. To put it into perspective, Police Pepper Spray is 5,000,000 SU....

Of course, I have gone further.....Evil_monster

For the confirmed nutbar, there's the pure extracts. Considered too strong for use as crowd control at 6-15 million SU, these are really only used as an ingredient in making your own hot sauce (which I do occasionally).

"Oh the humanity!!!!!!"

"I don't mind being wrong...it's a time I get to learn something new..."
Me.
N.B: I routinely make edits to posts to correct grammar or spelling, or to restate a point more clearly. I only notify edits if they materially change meaning.