Extreme Hot Sauce

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-01-2015, 01:56 PM
RE: Extreme Hot Sauce
I did buy 10 minute burn sauce but I wasn't that keen on the taste. I buy lots of seeds from them.

http://www.chileseeds.co.uk/10_minute_bu...sauces.htm

[Image: 10-min-burn.jpg]

Quote:Ingredients: Fresh naga bhut jolokia, pineapple juice, vinegar, lemon juice, tomatoes, mango, molasses, 7.3 million chilli extract, celery, herbs, spices.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
09-01-2015, 03:27 PM
(07-01-2015 03:33 PM)Chas Wrote:  I like me some hot sauce. It's got to be hot, but it has to have flavor.

My current regulars are Dave's Hurtin' Habanero and Idiot Boyz.

I have some Dave's Insanity Sauce and Ultimate Insanity, but they're the two-drops-in-a-pot-of-chili grade; too dangerous for normal use.

There are so many out there to try, but one has only so much stomach lining. Weeping

I'm not a big fan of Dave's Insanity sauces, save for their milder variations (like the ones with different fruits). They taste too artificial to me. No

"I don't mind being wrong...it's a time I get to learn something new..."
Me.
N.B: I routinely make edits to posts to correct grammar or spelling, or to restate a point more clearly. I only notify edits if they materially change meaning.
09-01-2015, 03:30 PM
(07-01-2015 03:52 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(07-01-2015 03:33 PM)Chas Wrote:  I like me some hot sauce. It's got to be hot, but it has to have flavor.

My current regulars are Dave's Hurtin' Habanero and Idiot Boyz.

I have some Dave's Insanity Sauce and Ultimate Insanity, but they're the two-drops-in-a-pot-of-chili grade; too dangerous for normal use.

There are so many out there to try, but one has only so much stomach lining. Weeping

In this house the Dave's insanity one is what my oldest son puts on his eggs. Oh and on his tuna sandwiches. Yuck. He likes it tho.

Oh and that other stuff surracha (I know I'm totally misspelling it)...they'll mix that with Dave's Insantity on my pork chops. Again....yuck.

I don't understand it.

I don't mind a little tapatio...It's pretty mild by those standards.

If you use a sauce that tastes bad, it'll spoil the endorphin rush that we irredeemable chilli-heads crave. I must admit Dave's is rubbish.

If you can get it where you are, "Satan's Shit" is nice and fruity and really nice on pork or sausages.

Me.
N.B: I routinely make edits to posts to correct grammar or spelling, or to restate a point more clearly. I only notify edits if they materially change meaning.
09-01-2015, 03:35 PM
If you want to make your own sauce then it's quite easy.

Put some glass bottled in a pressure cooker and sterilise for 15 minutes and allow to cool. I use beer bottles which have their stoppers attached. I also use a metal funnel and sterilise at the same time.

Cut off all the green stalks of your chillies.

Throw in a blender

Add loads of vinegar (like a whole bottle's worth). It's required for stopping any nasties growing after being bottled.

Blend and cook over a hob.

Pour into the bottles and seal.

Wait a couple of weeks for the flavour to mellow.

I also mix mine with blended onion and roasted garlic but you can put in all kinds of stuff.
[+] 1 user Likes Mathilda's post
09-01-2015, 03:49 PM
(09-01-2015 03:35 PM)Mathilda Wrote:  If you want to make your own sauce then it's quite easy.

Put some glass bottled in a pressure cooker and sterilise for 15 minutes and allow to cool. I use beer bottles which have their stoppers attached. I also use a metal funnel and sterilise at the same time.

Cut off all the green stalks of your chillies.

Throw in a blender

Add loads of vinegar (like a whole bottle's worth). It's required for stopping any nasties growing after being bottled.

Blend and cook over a hob.

Pour into the bottles and seal.

Wait a couple of weeks for the flavour to mellow.

I also mix mine with blended onion and roasted garlic but you can put in all kinds of stuff.

Yeah...I've been experimenting with fruit (hmm...that came out wrong)....

Limes, mangos, tamarinds, even prunes (as if you don't have enough problems with the sauce). I'm also looking into replicating specific hot sauces (South Carolina hot barbeque sauce, for that authentic tarheel flavour).

But yes, it is really fun, and a nice talking point. Do you make a lot?

Me.
09-01-2015, 04:30 PM
(09-01-2015 03:49 PM)gofish! Wrote:  But yes, it is really fun, and a nice talking point. Do you make a lot?

I've made three batches so far.

First one barely filled a half beer bottle but it was lovely. I put it on my cheese and ham sandwiches and it was like a chutney.

Second year I started growing superhots and I made my weapons' grade sauce. I have only just opened it and it's actually far better than I expected. I thought it was going to be too hot to use. I didn't see a need to open it before because I always had fresh chillies on hand because I was growing them under lights. So that's been mellowing out for like two years.

I started sorting out the chillies by taste. I was going to make a sauce of mellow and warm chillies, another of pungent chillies, another of sweet tasting superhots etc. They were stored in a freezer.

Then a few days before moving back from Germany I made a sauce from all the remaining chillies (white, brown, red, orange, yellow even purple ones) I had been storing in the freezer and that were still left on the plants. It has the consistency of porridge because I had so many to blend. Only half the chillies were superhots but it still made my tongue feel like it was covered in bleach after spreading it on a cheese and ham sandwich because I thought it would be like a chutney.

I definitely have enough sauce to last me living in Scotland for the next couple of years and also to wait long enough to grow another crop in Germany.

I did bring back the Carolina Reaper plant with me though and also my mutated Chocolate Bih Jolokia.
[+] 1 user Likes Mathilda's post
09-01-2015, 06:00 PM
(09-01-2015 04:30 PM)Mathilda Wrote:  
(09-01-2015 03:49 PM)gofish! Wrote:  But yes, it is really fun, and a nice talking point. Do you make a lot?

I've made three batches so far.

First one barely filled a half beer bottle but it was lovely. I put it on my cheese and ham sandwiches and it was like a chutney.

Second year I started growing superhots and I made my weapons' grade sauce. I have only just opened it and it's actually far better than I expected. I thought it was going to be too hot to use. I didn't see a need to open it before because I always had fresh chillies on hand because I was growing them under lights. So that's been mellowing out for like two years.

I started sorting out the chillies by taste. I was going to make a sauce of mellow and warm chillies, another of pungent chillies, another of sweet tasting superhots etc. They were stored in a freezer.

Then a few days before moving back from Germany I made a sauce from all the remaining chillies (white, brown, red, orange, yellow even purple ones) I had been storing in the freezer and that were still left on the plants. It has the consistency of porridge because I had so many to blend. Only half the chillies were superhots but it still made my tongue feel like it was covered in bleach after spreading it on a cheese and ham sandwich because I thought it would be like a chutney.

I definitely have enough sauce to last me living in Scotland for the next couple of years and also to wait long enough to grow another crop in Germany.

I did bring back the Carolina Reaper plant with me though and also my mutated Chocolate Bih Jolokia.

Growing....that's the next step for me, once the garden's relandscaped. I also like using some of the dried smoked Chipotles in the mix, if I'm real hungry.

Dang...now I've got to rustle up some mini brats at midnight with all this talk....

Me.
10-01-2015, 11:57 AM
Re: RE: Extreme Hot Sauce
(09-01-2015 03:49 PM)gofish! Wrote:  ... South Carolina hot barbeque sauce, for that authentic tarheel flavour...

Tarheel refers to North Carolinians. The name originated during the Civil War, after they had been two different states. A local man, Ed Mitchell, beat Bobby Flay so bad on Food Network. We knew he would from the moment Bobby said Mr. Mitchell's name. Smile
10-01-2015, 12:05 PM
(10-01-2015 11:57 AM)Clockwork Wrote:  
(09-01-2015 03:49 PM)gofish! Wrote:  ... South Carolina hot barbeque sauce, for that authentic tarheel flavour...

Tarheel refers to North Carolinians. The name originated during the Civil War, after they had been two different states. A local man, Ed Mitchell, beat Bobby Flay so bad on Food Network. We knew he would from the moment Bobby said Mr. Mitchell's name. Smile

I stand corrected. I wouldn't want to start a war (again).

Only once been to Carolina...forget which one. Sad

Me.
10-01-2015, 12:27 PM
Re: RE: Extreme Hot Sauce
(10-01-2015 12:05 PM)gofish! Wrote:  I stand corrected. I wouldn't want to start a war (again).

Only once been to Carolina...forget which one. Sad

Not a problem. I figured knowledge is always good. If you described the flavors, I could ask my good friend who could tell you.

Between Nova Scotia and North Carolina, I seem to always live in the south of everywhere. Smile