Extreme mountain biking

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-10-2014, 06:15 PM
Extreme mountain biking
I thought a few of you might enjoy this video of Danny Macaskill doing what he does Gasp...and people think I do dangerous things No

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Full Circle's post
04-10-2014, 06:16 PM
RE: Extreme mountain biking
I can't even hit 'play'. My fear of heights doesn't care that it is a video. Sadcryface

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
04-10-2014, 06:19 PM
(04-10-2014 06:16 PM)Anjele Wrote:  I can't even hit 'play'. My fear of heights doesn't care that it is a video. Sadcryface

Really? Wow. The first few minutes are him rowing his bike over to a lakeshore, from there it get a bit rad.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
04-10-2014, 06:21 PM
(04-10-2014 06:19 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  
(04-10-2014 06:16 PM)Anjele Wrote:  I can't even hit 'play'. My fear of heights doesn't care that it is a video. Sadcryface

Really? Wow. The first few minutes are him rowing his bike over to a lakeshore, from there it get a bit rad.

Really. My stomach lurches if there is a sudden scene over a cliff or over the side of a tall building in TV shows and movies. It's bad.

If killing a spider for my husband and/or son would require me to get more than about four feet off the ground...the spider stays.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
04-10-2014, 06:25 PM

Exactly what I was thinking as I scrolled past. Sadcryface
04-10-2014, 06:27 PM
(04-10-2014 06:25 PM)pablo Wrote:  

Exactly what I was thinking as I scrolled past. Sadcryface

Hug

pablo understands.

[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
04-10-2014, 06:28 PM
I'd like to see someone ride a bike over Crib Goch in Snowdonia... Terrifying place.

[Image: crib-goch.jpg]

[img]

via GIPHY

[/img]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-10-2014, 07:42 PM
The only thing there I can't do is the flip near the end. Other than that, I could certainly ride the rest... I would almost definitely fall to my death though.

Its an incredibly beautiful video. And that ride down near the end looks so fun.
04-10-2014, 08:15 PM
I had never seen anyone flip over a fence like that on a bike.

04-10-2014, 09:38 PM
Great vid. Just recently watched a film called Where the Trail Ends. It's on Netflix. Dudes traveling the world in search of the gnarliest terrain to bike. Worth a look.

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco