Extremists using fear mongering

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-12-2011, 09:49 AM
Extremists using fear mongering
So. I live in Belize, small country, thrives on religion though it is violent as hell.
There is a legal battle coming up, where the local homosexual groups want the law criminalizing sodomy to be repealed. There is a group against it, of course, against this action, and they are claiming that if the case is won, male on male rape will become legal, crime will increase, and little boys are no longer safe from pedophiles. How ridiculously stupid can anyone be to believe such crap?

Maybe there on the edge is your hope
But you don't look down
Why?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes menoh's post
29-12-2011, 10:00 AM
RE: Extremists using fear mongering
Welcome to the forum Menoh!

In regards to your post, I still find it amazing that there are laws that interfere with peoples private lives in such a way. It's bad enough not allowing gay people the right to marriage, but to refuse them even the basic right to have sex with whoever a person wants seems incredible to me.

As I get older I am beginning to understand that you don't have to like people to let them be. It just happens naturally, you really have to go out of your way to bother people who aren't doing anything to you. Live and let live is a wonderful ideology that some people just can't grasp. It's sad.

I hope that if my daughter discovers she's gay, that she will be allowed equal rights in the world, and not have to face any kind of persecution. But that's not likely I'm afraid. At least she will know I love her.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like lucradis's post
29-12-2011, 11:58 AM
RE: Extremists using fear mongering
Hi Menoh.

My husband's family is from Belize on a colony, very religious. My father in law still has these beliefs too, here in Canada. They are absolutely ridiculous! The logical connection is just so far off. As if gay feelings lead to un consented sex. Two gay people can have consented sex. Pedophilia is with a person who hasn't reached a legal mature age and rape is un consented. They have the very basic definitions wrong, and that is super frustrating. It's not a belief, it's just complete ignorance.

Good luck on the upcoming legalities and hopefully Belize can move forward.
Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like LadyJane's post