Extremophiles

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-04-2014, 01:46 PM
RE: Extremophiles
(13-04-2014 10:15 PM)sporehux Wrote:  I was pondering that maybe life in the universe mostly abio/exists/evolves in what we perceive as extremes,.

And that we are the the extremeophiles, able to co-opt such a dangerous gas as oxygen.

I have a book PDF about astrobiology. I haven't yet had time to read it all the way through, but it does talk at length about extreme environments and possible signatures for life on other planets.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
14-04-2014, 10:17 PM
(14-04-2014 09:56 AM)Full Circle Wrote:  
(13-04-2014 10:15 PM)sporehux Wrote:  I was pondering that maybe life in the universe mostly abio/exists/evolves in what we perceive as extremes,.

And that we are the the extremeophiles, able to co-opt such a dangerous gas as oxygen.

I can see that, good point. Perhaps the lifeforms in the deep ocean vents blog how biologics can live on the SURFACE of the planet without dying of radiation.

There is a high probability that we find any creature imagined in the universe if we looked hard enough. Transformers and the flying spaghetti monsters.

[Image: v0jpzpT.png]
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Alex_Leonardo's post
14-04-2014, 10:33 PM
Pitch darkness, poison gas, heavy metals, extreme acidity, enormous pressure, water at turns frigid and searing -- this seafloor environment seems more like something from deep space than from our own deep sea.

Cosmos did a story about my appartment??? Blink

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 2 users Like Banjo's post
15-04-2014, 12:52 AM
(14-04-2014 10:33 PM)Banjo Wrote:  Pitch darkness, poison gas, heavy metals, extreme acidity, enormous pressure, water at turns frigid and searing -- this seafloor environment seems more like something from deep space than from our own deep sea.

Cosmos did a story about my appartment??? Blink

Did anyone survive the house warming ?

I had a bit in one of my failed scifi stories of an alien ship looking for fuel stumbling across earth, and the crew being dumbfounded that the indigenous flora produces rocket fuel (Oxygen) and the fauna breaths it.

Theism is to believe what other people claim, Atheism is to ask "why should I".
15-04-2014, 12:56 AM
Nobody came.

Woe is me. Sad
Tongue

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.