Eyesight flux??

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-08-2011, 04:30 PM
Eyesight flux??
My eyesight changed all the time, some months I can see very well, others I can't see at all.

For a pretty long time when I woke up I couldn't see anything literally for an hour or so, just faint outlines and white haze, but right now I can read a DVD box across the room.

Also sometimes, last change was in 2008, I switch from being near sighted to far sighted. Right now I'm mildly far sighted, begining of the year I was heavily far sighted, but right now I'm having slight dificulty focusing on things closer than 30CM.

This has been going on basically my entire life. Always changing. I never really gave it much thought until now, so I'm asking here.

[Image: sigone_zps207cf92c.png]

Leonard Nimoy
1931-2015
Live long and prosper.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
08-08-2011, 06:57 PM
RE: Eyesight flux??
Well for me my vision was pretty decent for most of my life, I had to wear glasses though I never did, when I was forced to sit at the back of the class.
Now I'm old and I could use the help from some nifty glasses. The weird part is that on rare occasions my eyes won't focus at all... on anything. When this happens moving my head or looking quickly from one thing to another makes me extremely dizzy.
I assume it's some form of brain damage, which would explain all the weird looks I get in the street, and all of those comments from my ex girlfriends....
Not kidding about the brain damage though, I used to fight a lot and have been hit in the head so many times it's ridiculous, and with all sorts of paraphernalia. I'll probably lose my vision at some point in my life, and that will be a price I pay for my childish recklessness. Of course it might happen at the point of my own death.
Good luck to you. Maybe you'll develop some form of mutant ability, like laser eyes.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
08-08-2011, 07:15 PM
Ceta, that's really weird, I assume you see an optometrist for this condition?

[Image: 1471821-futurama_bender_s_big_score_imag...er-1-1.jpg]
09-08-2011, 07:25 AM
sounds like cataraxs or how ever you spell my mum had something like this, not sure
if its the same thing though.

"In real life , as opposed to that happy, clappy, rainbow fantasy world that you see fit to fly through on your winged unicorn of delusion" - Mitchell and Webb
09-08-2011, 08:56 AM (This post was last modified: 09-08-2011 09:32 AM by Observer.)
Relax Ceta...

Your friend observer is here to help an will now examine your eyesight over the net.

to what level can you see my nurse strip?
[Image: eyetest.jpg]
Hu hmm... I see...

What a coincidence.
The guy next door had the same problem, so they amputated both his arms. Turned out it was in a very advanced state so they had to amputate both his legs and his torso too. That was really annoying because he liked to sail and the constant roll and pitch of the ship made his head roll around.
Anyway...
He's death now.

Ceta, I think you should visit a doctor instead of an INTERNET forum. The only thing fora do is scare you. Smile

No seriously... you should...

Observer

Agnostic atheist
Secular humanist
Emotional rationalist
Disclaimer: Don’t mix the personal opinion above with the absolute and objective truth. Remember to think for yourself. Thank you.
[+] 3 users Like Observer's post
09-08-2011, 09:31 AM
Pfft, what do doctors know that we don't?

[Image: wellness-comic-doctor.gif]

Is... is this true?

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
09-08-2011, 12:58 PM
Real strange, first time I hear about this, but, man, try the doctors office not the Internet as Observer has stated...

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
09-08-2011, 05:28 PM
I been trying to get to the doctor's for a while actually for another issue, but everything keeps getting in the way xD

It has been going on for years though so I don't think I'll hurry, just wondering if anyone had any idea what it was. Might be related this time a while back I smashed the back of my head pretty hard and had a really vivid otherkin type experience.... Back of the head got anything to do with eyes? xD

[Image: sigone_zps207cf92c.png]

Leonard Nimoy
1931-2015
Live long and prosper.
09-08-2011, 05:36 PM
(09-08-2011 05:28 PM)Cetaceaphile Wrote:  I been trying to get to the doctor's for a while actually for another issue, but everything keeps getting in the way xD

It has been going on for years though so I don't think I'll hurry, just wondering if anyone had any idea what it was. Might be related this time a while back I smashed the back of my head pretty hard and had a really vivid otherkin type experience.... Back of the head got anything to do with eyes? xD

Yes, very much so.

[Image: ABI-eyes-Fig2.jpg]

[Image: 1471821-futurama_bender_s_big_score_imag...er-1-1.jpg]
10-08-2011, 06:18 AM
Jesus, Ceta, you are messing with dangerous things, a blow in the head can lead to extremely many difficulties and it is not something you simply ignore. Those "eye problems" you have can be because of some bleeding, or blood clot in you brain, it can be some small stroke, or it can be something completely benign, but until you do an MR you have no idea what is it or what can happen to you tomorrow. Imagine you are driving a car (don't know if you do) and you loose your sight, so you pick up some kid playing basketball... If not for you, check your head for other people. I don't see anything more important in your life than this, this sounds really serious. Don't you watch House M.D.?

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson