F**cked up things loving Christians have said to you.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-09-2014, 10:20 AM
F**cked up things loving Christians have said to you.
For the first one a little background information about me
I have Cerebral Palsy and am physically handicapped.

During my agnostic days I was approached by a Christian on a college campus. After failing to convert me he finishes the conversation with this little gem.

"You know there will be no wheelchairs in hell for you."

My expression Gasp

Another time I had a debate with a Christian and it was very respectful all up till the end.

When left out the door he says the following

"Thanks for entertaining me."

My expressions changed from Smile to Censored
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like Aldiesel18's post
19-09-2014, 10:25 AM
RE: F**cked up things loving Christians have said to you.
(19-09-2014 10:20 AM)Aldiesel18 Wrote:  "You know there will be no wheelchairs in hell for you."

There are no words. No

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
[+] 2 users Like Nurse's post
19-09-2014, 10:31 AM
(19-09-2014 10:25 AM)Nurse Wrote:  
(19-09-2014 10:20 AM)Aldiesel18 Wrote:  "You know there will be no wheelchairs in hell for you."

There are no words. No

Yeah that is really horrible.

Some Christians use their faith as a license to say things they might never say otherwise. That has nothing to do with saving souls and everything to do with being a petty asshole.
19-09-2014, 10:33 AM
"Jesus loves you"
Really he does? Tell him to send me money then!
[+] 1 user Likes pablo's post
19-09-2014, 10:35 AM
Yeah - I also have CP - I've been told that it's an expression of God's love that my disability does not hinder my ability to lead a normal life...

Sigh...

"Name me a moral statement made or moral action performed that could not have been made or done, by a non-believer..." - Christopher Hitchens

My youtube musings: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCfFoxbz...UVi1pf4B5g
19-09-2014, 10:46 AM
(19-09-2014 10:35 AM)CiderThinker Wrote:  Yeah - I also have CP - I've been told that it's an expression of God's love that my disability does not hinder my ability to lead a normal life...

Sigh...

Yeah man I've heard things like that my entire life as well. Its funny when I was a theist people told me that I have CP because of God's great plan for me and that he loves me.

Now that I'm atheist, God gave you CP because he is angry with you for denying him and you will burn in hell for it

Its funny how the religious love pulling those 180s Dodgy

Well fingers crossed that hell is handicap accessible I guess...Laugh out load
[+] 6 users Like Aldiesel18's post
19-09-2014, 11:02 AM
"If you really feel that way you should leave the church".

Pastor Jacqueline Thomshaw, of Word of Life Fellowship, revealing in those few words to me, a troubled teenager struggling to reconcile church doctrine with what my brain kept telling me and pouring it all out onto a four page handwritten letter to her, that the unconditional love of church fellowship was actually conditional, that she was abandoning to hell a soul she had failed to convert, and that her church giving up on someone was in her view sanctioned by god. It was the greatest disillusionment I'd ever felt my entire life, and I'm sixty years old. Glad I got that out of the way relatively early.
[+] 3 users Like Airportkid's post
19-09-2014, 11:08 AM
(19-09-2014 10:25 AM)Nurse Wrote:  

There are no words. No

and they the nerve to demand us to respect them
19-09-2014, 11:34 AM
(19-09-2014 11:08 AM)Ace Wrote:  ... and they the nerve to demand us to respect them

It's worse than that. They have the gall to force their way into our politics and culture with hard edged tools, like airliners flown into buildings, rifles fired at physicians, bombs, and lobbyists. Religion could very well be the most destructive cancer that afflicts the human psyche, and every mind purged of it is a mind restored.
[+] 3 users Like Airportkid's post
20-09-2014, 03:59 AM
"You Antichrist! You don't deserve to be saved!" - This is what a seventh day adventist said to me before snatching his pamphlet back from my hand. I was a devout believer at the time and had politely disagreed with him on a couple of theological points that he considered vitally important: That hell is literally physically at the centre of the earth, and that God has a physical face within the universe. He had approached me to have this conversation while I was studying in a public place.

Give me your argument in the form of a published paper, and then we can start to talk.
[+] 3 users Like Hafnof's post