F**cked up things loving Christians have said to you.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
20-09-2014, 05:21 AM
RE: F**cked up things loving Christians have said to you.
Repressed / oppressed catholic girls...

... that's pretty fucked up, right there.

I'm not going to repeat what they say ... but, oh boy! The emancipation process kicks arse.

Thumbsup

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like DLJ's post
20-09-2014, 05:54 AM
I dunno if you guys get more virulent strains of Christian over there or something. The crowd over here (South Africa)... they say stupid shit all the time but they're mostly not vindictive dicks about it, that I can tell...

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
20-09-2014, 07:50 AM
(20-09-2014 05:54 AM)morondog Wrote:  I dunno if you guys get more virulent strains of Christian over there or something. The crowd over here (South Africa)... they say stupid shit all the time but they're mostly not vindictive dicks about it, that I can tell...

... and you'd know what a vindictive dick looks like because, how?

Huh

20-09-2014, 08:15 AM (This post was last modified: 20-09-2014 12:59 PM by Anjele.)
Not to me but experienced in a classroom of people interested in becoming sign language interpreters or simply interested in Deaf Culture

One hyper-Christian with a bad attitude told a man in the class that his dwarfism was the result of some sin his parents had committed. Facepalm

She then went on to inform a young woman that was losing her hearing it was because God didn't approve of her lifestyle as a lesbian.

Sure made her god sound like an asshole and made her sound ignorant and hateful.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 4 users Like Anjele's post
20-09-2014, 09:49 AM
There is an underlying sadistic element to Christianity... I think they genuinely like the idea of hell.

They show a noticeable joy at the thought of heathens, gays and whoever else they hate for no good reason, burning forever... Or at least wiped from existence. It's as if they can barely contain themselves.

The more I distance myself from it, the more despicable it seems. I shudder when people describe themselves as Christians now... More often than not, it seems to come with this sadistic streak.

[img]

via GIPHY

[/img]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
20-09-2014, 11:46 AM
''you were never a real Christian.'' (recently texted to me out of the blue, by a ''well-intentioned'' Christian friend of mine)

I was tempted to reply...''You're right, I never owned a slave, I'm not a racist, nor a bigot...and I believe in equal rights for women. By golly, you're right! I was never a 'real' Christian!''

But, I didn't. Smartass

Be true to yourself. Heart
[+] 3 users Like Deidre32's post
20-09-2014, 11:51 AM
(20-09-2014 11:46 AM)Deidre32 Wrote:  ''you were never a real Christian.'' (recently texted to me out of the blue, by a ''well-intentioned'' Christian friend of mine)

I was tempted to reply...''You're right, I never owned a slave, I'm not a racist, nor a bigot...and I believe in equal rights for women. By golly, you're right! I was never a 'real' Christian!''

But, I didn't. Smartass

Gotta love the no true scotsman fallacy.

Official ordained minister of the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster. Please pm me with prayer requests to his noodly goodness. Remember, he boiled for your sins and loves you. Carbo Diem! RAmen.
[+] 1 user Likes Logisch's post
20-09-2014, 11:54 AM
Good people go to hell, only Christians go to heaven. For we all fall short of the glory of god. You will spend eternity in hell.

Dodgy

I attended a baptist church when a church of christ chick said this to me. My church had a kitchen and a piano, women didn't wear head coverings and were allowed to pray out loud and speak in church, and our Christian music wasn't acapella. The horrors. Evil_monster

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
20-09-2014, 12:48 PM
GWG can probably fill 10 or 20 pages in this thread all by himself.

We have enough youth. How about looking for the Fountain of Smart?
20-09-2014, 02:29 PM
(20-09-2014 09:49 AM)Sam Wrote:  There is an underlying sadistic element to Christianity... I think they genuinely like the idea of hell.

They show a noticeable joy at the thought of heathens, gays and whoever else they hate for no good reason, burning forever... Or at least wiped from existence. It's as if they can barely contain themselves.

The more I distance myself from it, the more despicable it seems. I shudder when people describe themselves as Christians now... More often than not, it seems to come with this sadistic streak.

When you're right, you're right! -Why I love hell

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
[+] 1 user Likes TheInquisition's post