FB blocking atheist content

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-03-2015, 10:32 PM
FB blocking atheist content
Apparently Facebook has blocked this article, because religious folks are reporting it. The Philippine Atheist Society is asking that we spread the word and ask people to send their comments to unblock it, by posting it on your page--without the (dot)--and clicking on the "please let us know" when you get the pop-up when you hit Post.

This is what I submitted: "There is nothing wrong with the content in this article. It criticizes religion, specifically in the Philippines, and has been reported by butt-hurt religious users."

http://opinion(dot)inquirer.net/83586/is...inevitable

Manifest Insanity @ Amazon
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Diogenes of Mayberry's post
26-03-2015, 10:45 PM
RE: FB blocking atheist content
Link broken or something

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

Find all posts by this user
26-03-2015, 10:52 PM
This is the actual link: http://opinion.inquirer.net/83586/is-a-s...inevitable

But when you post it on your page, you get the blocked pop-up.

So:
1) use that link to get the pop-up and submit your comment.
2) share it to others by using the link in the OP to get it to post

[+] 2 users Like Diogenes of Mayberry's post
26-03-2015, 11:51 PM
Thanks for your support guys. My country has long been known to be easily butthurt by the most trivial things. So much more when it comes to religion.

If you don't want a sarcastic answer, don't ask stupid questions. Drinking Beverage
[+] 2 users Like ivaneus's post
26-03-2015, 11:55 PM
It's hardly a particularly vitriolic article? Why are people taking exception to it?

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
26-03-2015, 11:59 PM
A friend from PH told me that god's facebook page (fb.com/thegoodlordabove) is also blocked.

And I'm told that his popiness's visit has boosted sales.

Old style cathlo-facism is still hanging in there. Dodgy

27-03-2015, 12:42 AM (This post was last modified: 27-03-2015 12:45 AM by Diogenes of Mayberry.)
(26-03-2015 11:59 PM)DLJ Wrote:  And I'm told that his popiness's visit has boosted sales.

I will be a featured guest speaker at the Philippine Atheist Conference in May (along with David McAfee), and this was confirmed just after the Pope left after drawing 6 million people. My boss asked me if I thought going to an atheist conference in a heavily Catholic country was a wise move.

I replied, if i get killed, just think of how great the publicity will be for book sales! Big Grin

[+] 3 users Like Diogenes of Mayberry's post
27-03-2015, 01:12 AM
(27-03-2015 12:42 AM)Diogenes of Mayberry Wrote:  
(26-03-2015 11:59 PM)DLJ Wrote:  And I'm told that his popiness's visit has boosted sales.

I will be a featured guest speaker at the Philippine Atheist Conference in May (along with David McAfee), and this was confirmed just after the Pope left after drawing 6 million people. My boss asked me if I thought going to an atheist conference in a heavily Catholic country was a wise move.

I replied, if i get killed, just think of how great the publicity will be for book sales! Big Grin

Um... people do sometimes get killed over shit like this, so please do be careful. We'd hate to read of your demise in the papers. It's all very well being dead but the rest of us will have to deal with the aftermath.
27-03-2015, 01:21 AM
I don't foresee any trouble with this event in the Philippines. Their atheist society regularly hosts a free medical clinic for the poor, and from what I understand, it's well-received with no trouble makers.

[+] 2 users Like Diogenes of Mayberry's post
27-03-2015, 02:55 AM
(27-03-2015 12:42 AM)Diogenes of Mayberry Wrote:  

Whoa! I'll see you there then. It would be good to put a face to the (user)name. Smile

And we ain't got much catholic extremism here. Except for keyboard warriors of course.

If you don't want a sarcastic answer, don't ask stupid questions. Drinking Beverage