FB blocking atheist content

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-03-2015, 04:55 AM
RE: FB blocking atheist content
(26-03-2015 11:55 PM)morondog Wrote:  It's hardly a particularly vitriolic article? Why are people taking exception to it?

Because it is too reasonable? Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
27-03-2015, 07:55 AM
Is it just me or is the list of facts in that piece just one big "correlation does not imply causation" fallacy?

Check out my now-defunct atheism blog. It's just a blog, no ads, no revenue, no gods.
----
Atheism promotes critical thinking; theism promotes hypocritical thinking. -- Me
27-03-2015, 08:01 AM (This post was last modified: 27-03-2015 09:14 AM by Bucky Ball.)
(27-03-2015 02:55 AM)ivaneus Wrote:  
(27-03-2015 12:42 AM)Diogenes of Mayberry Wrote:  I will be a featured guest speaker at the Philippine Atheist Conference in May (along with David McAfee), and this was confirmed just after the Pope left after drawing 6 million people. My boss asked me if I thought going to an atheist conference in a heavily Catholic country was a wise move.

I replied, if i get killed, just think of how great the publicity will be for book sales! Big Grin

Whoa! I'll see you there then. It would be good to put a face to the (user)name. Smile

And we ain't got much catholic extremism here. Except for keyboard warriors of course.

Really ? Isn't this the place where they nail themselves to crosses on Good Friday ?
Facepalm
What you need is a poopy visit from his "poopiness" (hoc) to set all the dumb-shits straight.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
27-03-2015, 09:10 AM
(27-03-2015 07:55 AM)WillHopp Wrote:  Is it just me or is the list of facts in that piece just one big "correlation does not imply causation" fallacy?

The list in and of itself is a list of facts. Using correlations in and of themselves to assert a cause would be the fallacy. It does seem to be implied, though.
[+] 1 user Likes RobbyPants's post
27-03-2015, 09:19 AM
Right, that's what I thought. Thanks Robby.

Check out my now-defunct atheism blog. It's just a blog, no ads, no revenue, no gods.
----
Atheism promotes critical thinking; theism promotes hypocritical thinking. -- Me
29-03-2015, 08:11 PM
(27-03-2015 02:55 AM)ivaneus Wrote:  Whoa! I'll see you there then. It would be good to put a face to the (user)name. Smile

Sure thing, come and introduce yourself.

Manifest Insanity @ Amazon
[+] 1 user Likes Diogenes of Mayberry's post
29-03-2015, 08:51 PM
(27-03-2015 08:01 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(27-03-2015 02:55 AM)ivaneus Wrote:  Whoa! I'll see you there then. It would be good to put a face to the (user)name. Smile

And we ain't got much catholic extremism here. Except for keyboard warriors of course.

Really ? Isn't this the place where they nail themselves to crosses on Good Friday ?
Facepalm
What you need is a poopy visit from his "poopiness" (hoc) to set all the dumb-shits straight.

Fair point, BB. But at least they just hurt themselves (not counting the reinforcement of a delusion to the spectators of course). Still, i do agree there's a lot of cray-cray here especially on the coming holidays.

And the pope just recently concluded a visit here. He was even asked a really good question by an 8 yr old, and all he could offer was empty platitudes. Par for the course i suppose.

If you don't want a sarcastic answer, don't ask stupid questions. Drinking Beverage