FBI Director testifies at House Oversight and Reform Committee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-07-2016, 11:43 AM
RE: FBI Director testifies at House Oversight and Reform Committee
(07-07-2016 11:17 AM)Brian37 Wrote:  Not dismissing a fucking thing. The guy is a GOP appointee, coming from a very highly credible education background. I can accept his word even though I am a democrat.

Now again, if you are so worried about any politician using emails or cell phones not under government control, then the budget has to be there and the equipment updated so ANY politician can work under the proper conditions.
Your statements don't match up with the facts that James Comey has revealed about the e-mail scandal up to this point. The underlying issue is not that the government is lacking the proper budget to conduct its business securely, it's that people like Hillary Clinton recklessly and knowingly chose not to follow the established security laws, protocols and regulations for the sake of convenience. This is something Clinton herself already admitted in a press conference way back in early 2015. Your inaccurate characterization of the e-mail scandal raises an important question in my mind: Just where are you getting your information from?

I would appreciate it if you could address the question I asked you in my earlier post, by the way. I have a feeling that you didn't see the videos of Comey's testimony for yourself, but I'd rather be sure before I start pointing any fingers at you.

(07-07-2016 11:17 AM)Brian37 Wrote:  No, sorry, cant have it both ways. Cant blame Hillary and ignore Bush then ignore an agent appointed by the GOP just because he didn't side with you.

This is simply sour grapes on your part.
I think you might be confusing me for another poster. This is what I had to say in response to Comey's decision not to recommend an indictment.

(05-07-2016 10:21 AM)Vosur Wrote:  Well, like the others, I don't understand why they're not prosecuting Clinton for gross negligence (being "extremely careless" with "very sensitive, highly classified" information in spite of extensive security briefings ought to qualify as such), but it would be very dishonest for me to tout James Comey as a man of integrity with an impeccable reputation for being incorruptible, only to dismiss him the moment he disagrees with me. I'll just have to trust that him and the rest of the FBI know what they're doing.

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Vosur's post
07-07-2016, 04:41 PM
(07-07-2016 11:17 AM)Brian37 Wrote:  
(07-07-2016 11:08 AM)Vosur Wrote:  If you don't mind me asking, did you watch the testimony James Comey gave in front of Congress today? Your hand-waving dismissal of the e-mail scandal gives me the impression that you don't understand the details and the severity of Hillary's actions.

On a related note, I think it's worth pointing out that Comey was appointed director of the FBI by Obama, not the GOP. While his confirmation by the Senate was virtually unanimous (93-1), the same can be said about his predecessors.

As far as the misdeeds of Rice, Rove and Powell are concerned, I would recommend you to read BnW's response to the other post where you mentioned them.

Not dismissing a fucking thing. The guy is a GOP appointee, coming from a very highly credible education background. I can accept his word even though I am a democrat.

Now again, if you are so worried about any politician using emails or cell phones not under government control, then the budget has to be there and the equipment updated so ANY politician can work under the proper conditions.

No, sorry, cant have it both ways. Cant blame Hillary and ignore Bush then ignore an agent appointed by the GOP just because he didn't side with you.

This is simply sour grapes on your part.

You're either missing, or deliberately ignoring, the point here.

She put classified government information at risk by putting it on her own private server in the basement of her fucking house. How is that ok? No one else in the history of our government has done anything like that. Colin Powell, who took his position before the State Department had fully nailed down their email policies. used a commercial email address he had. He also gave the government full access to all his records. Was it a smart thing to do? Probably not. Did it possibly violate the same statute that Clinton may have violated? Possibly yes.

So what? That's not a defense for her. And, unlike her, he didn't go out of his way to make sure no one had access to anything that he didn't want. It's simply not the same fucking thing. It's not.

Karl Rove and the Republicans under Bush set up an outside server to deal with lobbyist and special interest groups where it could not be recorded. Ok, that's pretty bad. But, at no point has anyone accused them of passing classified information on those servers. So, again, while a problem and possibly criminal, it's not the same fuking thing.

You complain about other people's partisan leanings and influences but, honestly, you're one of the most disingenuous people I've seen on these issues. Can you really not see a problem with what she did here? Even if you take her at her word that it was all an innocent mistake, you really have no problem with someone who shows such incredibly bad judgment being the possible next President of the United States?

Really?

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
[+] 3 users Like BnW's post
10-07-2016, 01:37 AM
(07-07-2016 03:03 AM)Vosur Wrote:  
(07-07-2016 02:45 AM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  Why in the world do you think that one black co-worker of yours can speak for an entire demographic?
Haven't you heard the news? The peer-reviewed science journal Nature recently published a new article from a group of researchers who conducted extensive experiments on black people over the past 20 years. These scientists recently spoke to the press to try and explain their findings to the general public. Their numerous PET scans and psychological assessments revealed that the minds of black people function as if part of a greater hivemind that possesses a singular and collective view of the world.

Laugh out load

No reputable social scientist would define his subjects as "Black," because "Black-African-Americans" are different socially from "Black-Jamaican-Americans," or "Black-Cuban-Americans," etc. As I have said before skin color means nothing, culture is everything. An African-American child born and raised in Japan will act Japanese. Next time provide a link to your sources. Conservatives have a hivemind that creates "a singular and collective view of the world."
10-07-2016, 02:10 AM
(10-07-2016 01:37 AM)oneofshibumi Wrote:  No reputable social scientist would define his subjects as "Black," because "Black-African-Americans" are different socially from "Black-Jamaican-Americans," or "Black-Cuban-Americans," etc. As I have said before skin color means nothing, culture is everything. An African-American child born and raised in Japan will act Japanese. Next time provide a link to your sources. Conservatives have a hivemind that creates "a singular and collective view of the world."

satire
noun
The use of humour, irony, exaggeration, or ridicule to expose and criticize people’s stupidity or vices, particularly in the context of contemporary politics and other topical issues
­

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Vosur's post