Poll: Should Apple comply with the order to unlock the San Bernardino iPhone?
Yes
No
Maybe
[Show Results]

FBI boss to Apple backers: ‘Stop saying the world is ending’

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-02-2016, 12:18 PM
RE: FBI boss to Apple backers: ‘Stop saying the world is ending’
What about this... if the FBI wants the info on the phone, they give it to Apple and let Apple open it, copy all the info on the phone txts, voice messages and websites where it went on the net and turn that info over without showing the FBI how to open it?

[Image: dnw9krH.jpg?4]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Heatheness's post
22-02-2016, 12:20 PM
(22-02-2016 11:56 AM)Fatbaldhobbit Wrote:  
(22-02-2016 11:51 AM)Old Man Marsh Wrote:  I thought that Big Brother was an allegory for god. Maybe I'm wrong.

Orwell's BB? I remember learning that he was writing about the evils of totalitarian governments like Fascism, Communism, etc. I could be wrong though.

It's not like god is much different from dictator. Thought crime, genocide and favoring one nation are all on his checklist.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
[+] 1 user Likes Szuchow's post
22-02-2016, 02:14 PM
The phone in question might not even yield any information. From what I gathered they destroyed their phones and a hard drive.

This phone in question was issued by the employer.

Added to this, you can't tell me that the government is completely impotent to hack an iPhone.

They just want a back door for??? I'm done believing what they say. I'm tired of fighting war on an idea.

The war on terror has been nearly just as ineffective as the war on drugs.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 5 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
22-02-2016, 03:35 PM
(22-02-2016 12:18 PM)Heatheness Wrote:  What about this... if the FBI wants the info on the phone, they give it to Apple and let Apple open it, copy all the info on the phone txts, voice messages and websites where it went on the net and turn that info over without showing the FBI how to open it?

How long do you think that would be kept away from law enforcement? I saw a blurb on TV where some detective had 100+ phones that he wanted to crack into to aid in criminal investigations. You'd never close that Pandora's box.
22-02-2016, 04:48 PM
Apple cannot open it. That's the problem from Big Brother's standpoint. They want Apple to create a "back door" so that the feds, and Apple, can hack their iPhones in the future and Apple is saying, "fuck you." I'm opposed to it because the fourth amendment has already been gutted beyond salvation. I like the idea that there is one place people can go and have real privacy.

On the other hand, if they create a "back door," how long do you think it will be before the Chinese, or some other country, learns how to open it. Most of the right wingers want a back door created because they think it will help the feds catch terrorists. I think it will help the Chinese, Japanese, etc. steal trade secrets on an astronomical level. I like the idea that the dumb fucks haven't thought this through and it will come back to bite them in the ass.
[+] 6 users Like Black Eagle's post
22-02-2016, 04:51 PM (This post was last modified: 22-02-2016 05:00 PM by GirlyMan.)
(22-02-2016 08:56 AM)Full Circle Wrote:  I’m wondering what you all think of this?

On the one hand I think that Big Brother already knows too much.
On the other hand I think we need to know who the fuck those terrorists were talking to so as to prevent another attack.

How do we allow this only under such circumstances, or is the genie out of the bottle after the first time?

HACKERMAN TO THE RESCUE!

"And why do the best hackers on the planet not work for the FBI? Because the FBI will not hire anyone with a 24-inch purple mohawk, 10-gauge ear piercings, and a tattooed face who demands to smoke weed while working and won't work for less than a half-million dollars a year. But you bet your ass that the Chinese and Russians are hiring similar people with similar demands and have been for many years. It's why we are decades behind in the cyber race."

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
22-02-2016, 05:04 PM
^John McAfee is looking rough. Bath salts are a hell of a drug.

If we came from dust, then why is there still dust?
22-02-2016, 05:18 PM
(22-02-2016 05:04 PM)cactus Wrote:  ^John McAfee is looking rough. Bath salts are a hell of a drug.

They have to eat the face off the virus.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
22-02-2016, 05:18 PM
(22-02-2016 09:21 AM)Fatbaldhobbit Wrote:  Fourth, to quote Benjamin Franklin: "They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."

We give up essential freedom of movement every time we obey traffic laws. So there's that.

I'm not disagreeing with the broader point but sometimes I think there's such a thing as being too pithy.

... this is my signature!
[+] 1 user Likes cjlr's post
22-02-2016, 05:19 PM
(22-02-2016 04:51 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(22-02-2016 08:56 AM)Full Circle Wrote:  I’m wondering what you all think of this?

On the one hand I think that Big Brother already knows too much.
On the other hand I think we need to know who the fuck those terrorists were talking to so as to prevent another attack.

How do we allow this only under such circumstances, or is the genie out of the bottle after the first time?

HACKERMAN TO THE RESCUE!

"And why do the best hackers on the planet not work for the FBI? Because the FBI will not hire anyone with a 24-inch purple mohawk, 10-gauge ear piercings, and a tattooed face who demands to smoke weed while working and won't work for less than a half-million dollars a year. But you bet your ass that the Chinese and Russians are hiring similar people with similar demands and have been for many years. It's why we are decades behind in the cyber race."

Decades! For systems that aren't even decades old, no less. It takes real dedication to be that far behind!

... this is my signature!
[+] 2 users Like cjlr's post